View Single Post
Old 21-03-2008, 14:27   #1587
3x2
Inactive

3x2 is on a distinguished road3x2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

It's a simple move for Phorm to grab your IP as your machine pulls adverts from their servers matching token to IP. ISP's say this won't happen and we won't even mention ISP's matching IP to actual customer records for Phorm. I know this is just fantasy at the moment but the trouble ISP's have now, in addition to Phorm, is that I simply no longer trust them.

When the story first broke I was outraged not just about Phorm's plans but that my ISP has been complicit from the beginning. When exactly were they going to tell us the full details? Ever? It's clear that the PR machine hadn't even been fueled and the last thing they wanted was this story to get out without first dressing it in the warm fuzzy glow of "Webwise - the safer Internet experience"

I might, earlier, have accepted Phorm with appropriate safeguards for those who opt out but not anymore. I don't trust Phorm and I also don't trust my ISP anymore. The moment VM introduce Phorm in any way I'm off. All Virgin services will go not just BB.
I may go anyway, I feel like I have been stabbed in the back by some happy smiling old lady I just helped across the road. I hope it's all worth it for them.