View Single Post
Old 19-03-2008, 12:38   #1425
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

PhormUKPRTeam I will paste what I said on BadPhorm in relation to the -identical- message you posted on their forums:

PhormUKPRTeam you are lying, it is that simple. The advertisers themselves will be in a position to match IP addresses to "anonymous" cookies.

It would then be a very simple task to write a script to link every single anonymous cookie to an IP.

Epic Phail

Alexander Hanff

To everyone else who doesn't understand what I mean. According to their patent application advertisers will send the unique "anonymous" ID of the Phorm profiling cookie to the OIX server in order to grab the "relevant" ads. This means that compiling a list of IP address based on the cookie ID is a trivial matter.

This is all based on their patent application which is all we really have to go on with regards how their "proprietary" systems work.

Alexander Hanff