View Single Post
Old 17-03-2008, 18:50   #1323
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
I suspect its a brand issue. Brand placement is absolutely paramount to Virgin Companies, its almost a religion. I suspect that they have requested the removal of the logo until a firm agreement is made to adopt the system.

I'll stick my neck out further and suggest that they may well duck out of this for now. Customer feeling is running high, most of the feedback from here, DS and their own newsgroups would suggest that VM have underestimated the bad feeling this system has given birth to.

The fact that Neil Burkett was quoted in the Register as saying that he was revisiting this plan means that the wave of complaint has washed into the Directors field of view, and as the newly installed CEO he can't afford a small rebellion of BB customers heading to insugnificant ADSL rivals...it just isn't good for business.

Revenue from adverts on their portal sites will continue, they may even look at another up-coming alternative to Phorm. Sky are already doing this with their email accounts migrated to the Google (Gmail) system, one reason why Sky may well not get on board if their webmail platform brings in the bucks. I seem to remember VM trialling google mail on a limited basis, perhaps this may see fruition.
its truely amazing that VM have infact missed most of the flac ....

if neil was clever, he'd find a way out of the contract, that shouldnt be hard, after all you cant be held to a contract if its deemed to include illegal practices can you.

neil comes out with a statement we will not be taking this or any other profiling initative EVER,then the VM marketing monkeys can then hype up cable as the place to be.

you know it makes sense , and he might even make a reasonable profit this quarter if he opens up the uptake with free installs, no deposit and first month free.

and dont forget to remove the one cable modem per account rule if you want even more profits

OC you might also think BT phone might do something along the same lines while Phorms hot, and introduce half price phone line rental.

forget half price re-connection ,make re-connection free, to get all those cable users onto your books to profit from later.

if they play it right it might even turn out good for the end users choice.