View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 19:28   #964
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayceef1 View Post
The problem is that peoples perception has been coloured by all the chinese whispers on this and other forums made by people with their own unfounded interpretations of what phorm is designed to do. This fiction then "becomes fact" in peoples eyes and the hysteria continues.

You could also argue that because the company was allegedly involved in spyware previously it would be the ideal company that could prevent it going forward as a "poacher turned gamekeeper". Someone as already suggested in the VM newsgroup that they use someone like that to test it.

The information that Phorm would use is probably the least likely of anything used by anyone else to capture personal info. You are at far greater risk elsewhere on the net.
However they will never ever get my trust.

I WILL dump all my services from VM unless they can guarantee in writing that my data will not touch any equipment that have been installed anywhere to facilitate this selling of private data after i have hit the OPT OUT Button. If it passes through any equipment no matter where in the system it is and has been provided by Phorm or its agents and has Phorm designed software on it then i will not TRUST them to do as i have asked. Its that simple ?.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer