View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 16:58   #616
tech team
Inactive

tech team is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Can it please be clarified that opt out is a complete opt out and not simply we don't see the adverts but our browsing is still being farmed ??. Thats the most important thing for me i am sure your a nice guy and all but i would trust saddam hussein more then phorm sorry but it's how i feel.
Hi RizzyKing, Yes. Opt out is a total opt out. If you have opted out no browsing data will be passed from your ISP to phorm for any purposes. None at all. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Techteam

Hi all,

I am trying to get to all of the posts so please bear with me. Working from ahardie up:
sorry but this is classic auditor language -- they have to add these caveats. If we were to boil down the essence of the report, what E&Y have confirmed, after thoroughly checking our systems and controls, is that all of the privacy claims (see our website) we make are true. Similarly, 80/20 Thinking's MD (Privacy International's Simon Davies) has acknowleged that "Phorm does advance the whole sector of protecting personal information by two to three steps." (see bbc online piece today). I know two or three steps may seem small, but in the context of an online world where searches, browsing histories and IP addresses are stored for months on end, we think not storing any of that data is a big step forward.
Best wishes

Techteam