View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 14:09   #5
dave0151
Inactive

dave0151 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 20mb broadband router

After much arguing with netgear via their technical support and going though multiple employee's who insisted that all routers have a minimum of 10/100 Base-T connection and therefore all support up to 100 megabit broadband.
Finaly i lost my temper with them lieing to me because of their lack of understanding. Telling them that if i where to buy their products based on this false information they would be in violation of consumer rights, I finally got through to someone who knew the answer!
Maybe an admin would like to put some of this information in a sticky for all to read so please take a look at the e-mail i received below. I've yet to receive a reply from Belkin, D-link, or linksys but i will post this information on here when i finally force it out of them lol.

Dear David,

Thank you for choosing Netgear.

My name is Dishu & I will be handling your enquiry. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Regarding your concern, I would suggest you to please check the required information mentioned underneath:
Routers/Firewalls: WAN to LAN Throughput
1. FVX538 v2: 90 mbps
2. FVS338: 90 mbps
3. WNR854T: 148 mbps
4. WPNT834: 94 mbps
5. WNR834B v2: 67 mbps

I hope this answers your query.
If you need any further help, please reply us back so that we can continue to work on a solution.
Thank you for choosing Netgear.
Regards, Dishu Netgear Support

So there we go we now know what which netgear products support 20 megabit and are future safe for the up and coming 50 megabit broadband connections.

I do hope someone finds this useful and thank all those who read and those who replied to my thread.

Dave
dave0151 is offline   Reply With Quote