Thread: Rugby Rugby Union Thread
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2007, 13:17   #217
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Rugby Union

IS there not a Welsh version of the People? I mean when I go to Scotland and read the papers there, all the sport relates to scottish teams, for example the football talks about the Scottish leagues and very little premiership stuff is reported.

I don't really see what the big deal is to be honest, so Greenwood went on about England during yesterdays game, but I bet a large proportion of UK viewrers yesterday were English, or would have had an interest in England, over SA or Argentina. Whats the point of greenwood just going on about Welsh or Scottish players when the're no longer in the competition?

England reaching the final this year is a big deal, no one thought they'd beat Austrailia or Frnce, given the pasting SA handed to them. In all honesty I think the coverage was justified to go on about the England players, its all part of the build up.

People have been going on about England winning the world cup in 1966 up until now, so you cant blame a rugby commentator for going on about them reaching the final, just one day after the semis.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I don't care about how other countries do it. Commentators are there to provide impartial commentary otherwise what's the point?
But I think you should accept that they dont, not just in England, but in England, Wales, Scotland , Ireland and most likely all over the world. So just live with it, its not that big a deal.