View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 14:59   #60
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: favourite football matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
As has been said Gav, it's not just Man U, but the stick always comes in our direction. Even your beloved Spurs has supporters clubs here there and everywhere. My ex's dad was born and bred in Bow (so is a proper cockney) but is a Spurs supporter. My ex, of course is a West Ham fan, and has the gob to prove it.
Again, I didn't say it was just Man Utd.

There's nothing wrong with having supporters clubs around the country. As I said, people don't live and die in the same street anymore. If I moved to Manchester, i'd still passionately support Spurs.

What's wrong, and a blight on football are little kids who choose what team to support by looking at a results table or because of one charismatic player. What if everyone supported the same team? The future of football relies on diverse, geographical support for all teams.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I really don't understand why people have a problem with which team other people support? Why on earth does it matter where they were born or live? I might have a problem if they went from team to team every few years depending on success, but if they have chosen a team and stick with them i honestly don't see the problem? And saying that it's just United is ridiculous.
Man Utd fans aren't going to complain. They've done very well with the financial support of glory supporters. But to the rest of the football league who are trying to compete with a couple of massive clubs, it is a problem.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote