View Single Post
Old 30-06-2007, 16:23   #32
rick47
Inactive

rick47 is on a distinguished roadrick47 is on a distinguished road
Re: Router problem trying to reach 20Mb speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post
Hey, I have VM 20Mb broadband ( was just updated from 10Mb a few days ago ) When I was on 10Mb I would be able to reach around 10Mb speeds. Now the upgrase has happened I can still only get 10Mb speeds when I connect through to my router. When I connect to the modem itself, that is when i start seeing speeds higher than 10Mb, as soon as I reconect to the router I then can only get 10Mb speeds. Or this is what looks like is happening.

I have 20Mb broadband with a NTL 250 modem connected to a Belkin Wireless G Router ( Belkin Wireless G Router 54Mbps 2.4GHz, version F5D7230-4 ) connected by ethernet.

Any help would be grateful on how to change some settings to allow 20Mbs speeds or if a new router would be needed.
Had the same problem..SMC7004VBR.......manual said WAN port 10/100 but not the case after this forum (nice peeps), was told only 10. Was advised to get a linkseys router so ordred it via on line PCworld for instore pickup (cheaper) £48.70, when instoe advisor said get the Belkin....F5D7230.....as I will at this time only be using the 'wired side' of it. Installation not a dream but if you read the pdf manual first rather than the 'Quick set up' it works. Cannot comment on wireless but for wired it breezzes. TRy reinsatlling.
rick47 is offline   Reply With Quote