Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   NO! i do not want a Blackberry (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33683632)

Bananaman_007 10-12-2011 12:21

NO! i do not want a Blackberry

Can anybody tell me how i can stop VM sending me a weekly flyer (with my name spelt incorrectly on the envolope) about getting a Blackberry. For the last 6 weeks i have been sent these and it is starting to get on my nerves.

jb66 10-12-2011 13:00

Re: NO! i do not want a Blackberry

If you take the blackberry offer it should stop :)

New to cable 10-12-2011 14:56

I get the same, its a really crap phone aswell the 8520 curve which is atleast 2 generations out of date lol. It isn't even a 3g phone.

raging bull 10-12-2011 15:02

Same here, why don't they publicize a decent phone!

devilincarnate 10-12-2011 15:23

You could always write on the letter "not at this address" and post it back. It could help?

djmagnifique 10-12-2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35343513)
You could always write on the letter "not at this address" and post it back. It could help?

That probably wont work. I work as a postman and alot of the houses on my round were knocked down a couple of years ago and virgin still send them stuff every month.

Russ 10-12-2011 16:57

Call VM CS and ask to change something on your account such as your contact number or email address.

Then ask the agent to opt you out of any marketing and it should stop within a few weeks.

The reason for asking them to change your details is so there'll be a record of your call (their systems mark the ID of anyone changing your details) and should prevent the usual case of nothing being done about your request, you calling back later to find out nothing has changed only to be told "sorry but there's no record of your call". Opting people out of marketing is often the sort of call agents like to avoid if they're trying to improve their call times/stats as they don't get to 'sink their teeth' in to it so will sometimes tell you whatever you want to hear ("I've done that for you, you shouldn't get any more junk mail from now on") just to get you off the line as quickly as they can.

Bananaman_007 11-12-2011 09:45

Thanks Russ that sounds like some sound advice which i will be taking.

daveeb 12-12-2011 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 (Post 35343468)
Can anybody tell me how i can stop VM sending me a weekly flyer (with my name spelt incorrectly on the envolope) about getting a Blackberry. For the last 6 weeks i have been sent these and it is starting to get on my nerves.

Yes it really annoys me as well, not to mention all the paper spam they send. And on the other hand they want me to go to paper free billing to "save paper" and help the planet. :mad:

richard1960 13-12-2011 12:40

I am starting to get mailings for the blackberry now as well !,which i also do not want as my current mobile deal still has 12 months left to run.:erm:

I am thinking Virgin Mobile have a job lot of Blackberries to shift.:D:D

philwhite100 13-12-2011 19:05

They keep trying to get me to sign up for one but i hardly use a mobile anyway, i still have credit from a £10 top up i did over a year ago.

Dai 13-12-2011 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1960 (Post 35344689)
I am thinking Virgin Mobile have a job lot of Blackberries to shift.

RIM have had a lot of bad press recently. Their sales have probably taken quite a hit. I'd guess Virgin are getting them cheap as chips.

raefil 15-12-2011 18:28

got one today, i dont want one at the moment but didnt seem like too bad a deal, if im honest. £9.99 a month curve 9300 3g 250 txts + 200 minutes and 500mb data.

denphone 15-12-2011 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1960 (Post 35344689)
I am starting to get mailings for the blackberry now as well !,which i also do not want as my current mobile deal still has 12 months left to run.:erm:

I am thinking Virgin Mobile have a job lot of Blackberries to shift.:D:D

Well they can send me as many leaflets as they want but l am just not interested in having a Blackberry at the end of the day.

Kela 15-12-2011 21:46

I was getting these letters almost daily too That's why I took up the offer The phone is much better than what I had and I am pleased with it Just couldn't figure how to use it but then I found here