Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Calzaghe Vs Jones (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33641200)

xpod 09-11-2008 00:43

Calzaghe Vs Jones

No nighthawks staying up to watch the fight?
Not sure if i`ll last myself but i will try.

zing_deleted 09-11-2008 00:53

Re: Calzaghe Vs Jones

I will watch it in the morning. Will he retire undefeated? You never know with Calzaghe as he is a proper fighter even when on top he fights hard so there is always a chance he will get chinned. But I do not think he will :)

xpod 09-11-2008 01:02

Quote:

I will watch it in the morning. Will he retire undefeated? You never know with Calzaghe as he is a proper fighter even when on top he fights hard so there is always a chance he will get chinned. But I do not think he will
I think it might have to be a morning thing here too.:dozey:
Either way i hope he does the buisness and gets to retire gracefully....if he stays retired that is.

v0id 09-11-2008 04:32

Retires undefeated or not, he's up against one of the best fighters ever.
So win or loser, what a way to go out.

/stopping up to watch it

Roy MM 09-11-2008 05:23

Round eight: Jones Jr looks a mess as he comes out for the eighth. Jones Jr can barely see out of his left eye, there is blood everywhere, Calzaghe peppers the area and the cut gets worse. This should be stopped, Calzaghe senses victory and Jones Jr slumps back to his corner as the bell goes.

I'll say no more. ;)

SB_07 09-11-2008 06:13

Calzaghe....top 5 dead or alive.

Russ 09-11-2008 08:20

The Welsh Warrior does it :)

xpod 09-11-2008 10:52

:sleep:

Quote:

The Welsh Warrior does it
I knew i would`nt last.:rolleyes:
Well done though Calzaghe.Good stuff!
I kinda thought it would go the distance.

Osem 09-11-2008 14:49

I'm glad Calzaghe won and hopes he quits while he's ahead. I doubt he will though.

My only disappointment is that over his career (like others before him) he avoided some of the better fighters when they were at their peak. I'd loved to have seen him fight Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins years ago but that was never going to happen which is a pity because we'll never know how good he really was.

tweetypie/8 10-11-2008 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 34671899)
I'm glad Calzaghe won and hopes he quits while he's ahead. I doubt he will though.

My only disappointment is that over his career (like others before him) he avoided some of the better fighters when they were at their peak. I'd loved to have seen him fight Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins years ago but that was never going to happen which is a pity because we'll never know how good he really was.

couldnt agree more os,i really like the guy but i do wonder how he would have fared against these guys in their hayday.