Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Will you be buying the new iPhone13? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710375)

Halcyon 16-09-2021 14:45

Will you be buying the new iPhone13?

Will anyone be buying the latest Apple iPhone?

I was finally planning of upgrading my old iPhone to an iPhone 12 Pro hoping it would go down in price now the 13 is out but it looks like that one has been completly axed.

I'm guessing the changes are so little this year that removing the 12 Pro makes it look like a bit more of a jump in features. So it looks like I'll be having to stump for the 13 Pro instead.

Would have been nice to see a few more features..... It isn't a ground breaking improvement to the last model really.

What do you think?

Paul 16-09-2021 15:36

Re: Will you be buying the new iPhone13?

I dont touch anything Apple, I prefer Android.

Taf 16-09-2021 16:19

I don't have, or need, a smartphone.

alanbjames 16-09-2021 16:35

Nope I hate Apple products, my last 6 phones inc my current have all been Samsung and has served me well.

mrmistoffelees 16-09-2021 16:40

Bought the 12 Pro last year, no intention of upgrading there’s not enough of an increase to warrant the cost.

12 pro is axed but you can buy officially refurbished.

Mr K 16-09-2021 18:49

Work forced an iPhone on me, its crap, battery life pathetic, and you can't really do anything with it. Maybe biased as it just gives me work (!)
Android is far superior.

peanut 16-09-2021 18:52

I'll stick with my iPhone 5s (the original model). Does everything I need and cheap enough to replace. Got to have a screw loose to pay around £1k for a phone that'll be outdated within a year.

My iPhone controls almost every electrical item I have at home, from every light we have, TV, AV, Fans, and a remote controller for Roland keyboard etc. So there is a lot you can do with them even with the older models. Yes you could do the same with an Android phone but at that price point it's going to be a lot slower and a chore to use.

heero_yuy 16-09-2021 18:58

My current phone (Samsung Tocco lite) has served me well but the display is dying. I wouldn't touch Apple products with a bargepole. I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy A12. Much more reasonably priced.

Currently on PAYG but the new phone will probably need an all you can eat data contract.

Hugh 16-09-2021 19:07

No - I compare what my requirements are, versus spec, versus price.

My last couple of phones have been Android (OnePlus 1, 3, 7 Pro), and I only replace them when they stop working.

My wife’s phone is a different matter - she’s used to the Apple environment (iPad & iPhone), and trying to get her to change to Android would be counterproductive; like me, only changes phones when they stop working.

I like Apple, and had iPhones when someone else (work) paid, but when it’s my money, I’m fussier.

I’m technology agnostic - I have a Windows 10 PC, iPad Pro, and OnePlus7 Pro (Android) phone.

Jimmy-J 16-09-2021 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36093283)
My current phone (Samsung Tocco lite) has served me well but the display is dying. I wouldn't touch Apple products with a bargepole. I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy A12. Much more reasonably priced.

Currently on PAYG but the new phone will probably need an all you can eat data contract.

SMARTY do a 1 month sim only plan (cancel anytime) unlimited calls, texts and data for £20pm. I have a referral link, they give us both a free month if used with one of their plans. I'll pm you the link if you decide to give them a try, just let me know.

denphone 16-09-2021 20:50

l much prefer Samsung personally.

daveeb 16-09-2021 21:15

I think it's partly a generation thing as I really don't like Apple products I find them over priced and dumbed down. My "kids" however swear by Apple and think i'm an old fart for sticking with Samsung. Each to their own I guess.

Paul 17-09-2021 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36093257)
I don't have, or need, a smartphone.

I dont need one, and have avoided them for a very very long time.

Sadly, my trusty little Samsung J700 finally passed away, so I needed a new phone.
I've had a Android Tablet for many years, so decided to try a Samsung phone (A41).

Technically its a Smart Phone, but I dont really use it as such.
I dont browse the internet, I have data disabled by default (just wifi when at home).

I think Ive enabled it once while out, to check google maps.
Ive installed one app, to count steps, as I thought that would be fun to see.

My daughter will get to play with the new iPhone 13, shes an apple engineer :cool:

Sirius 17-09-2021 07:49

I am forced to use Iphone at work and i hate the ruddy thing. I much prefer my Samsung Note 9.

Hom3r 17-09-2021 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36093246)
I don't touch anything Apple, I prefer Android.

Snap, there are no crapple products in my house, I'll take Android every day.