Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Freesat & Freeview (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707680)

cheekyangus 10-05-2019 12:04

Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

According to @UKDTT and @RXTVlog there are some Freeview changes on the way on the 13th May. Best to retune after 11am supposedly.

Apparently there are on-screen messages on the relevant C4 channels. I say apparently as though they have provided photos I've tried 3 separate TVs and not got any messages. So the messaging is regional so far it seems.

E4 moves from 28 to 13

Film4 from ch 15 to 14

Ch4+1 from ch 13 to 15

More4 from ch 14 to 18

E4+1 from ch 29 to 28

4Music from ch 18 to 29.

Apparently now C4 now fully own 4Music they've decided to use its lower number. I always thought E4 was daft so far up the guide, but they didn't have another number previously so fair enough.

I don't understand moving More4 up, I would have put the +1s in 28/29.

-------------
The other changes are mostly courtesy of Sony's channels on the Local Multiplex.

Movies4men moves from 48 to 40. It isn't on the Local Multiplex but is taking the number from a sister channel that is.

Sony Crime Channel+1 becomes Movies4men+1. It also moves from 60 to 48. I'm assuming it is also getting extended hours (compared to SCC+1) due to the changes mentioned below.

Sony Crime Channel moves from 40 to 60 and reduces hours significantly. It will now only broadcast from 4am until 6am.

Pop Max broadcast hours on the other hand are increasing. It was 6am-9pm and will now be 6am until 4am. It must be moving to timeshare with the reduced SCC, or SCC is moving to timeshare with it.

cheekyangus 11-05-2019 00:33

Re: Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

I actually saw a retune instruction for myself earlier. I had been expecting it as a pop-up message, but this was part of the broadcast and was unexpected as I was watching Cable not Freeview when I saw it. In fact it was a recording from Thursday. It didn't mention any channel number changes, it simply said Freeview viewers should retune on Monday 13th in text, with an accompanying voiceover.

Those who posted the photo were talking about that though, they were referring to a pop-up message, a blurry version of which was shown in the photo they posted. So C4 are going for a multi-pronged approach.

Media Boy UK 12-05-2019 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 35994365)
According to @UKDTT and @RXTVlog there are some Freeview changes on the way on the 13th May. Best to retune after 11am supposedly.

Apparently there are on-screen messages on the relevant C4 channels. I say apparently as though they have provided photos I've tried 3 separate TVs and not got any messages. So the messaging is regional so far it seems.

E4 moves from 28 to 13

Film4 from ch 15 to 14

Ch4+1 from ch 13 to 15

More4 from ch 14 to 18

E4+1 from ch 29 to 28

4Music from ch 18 to 29.

Apparently now C4 now fully own 4Music they've decided to use its lower number. I always thought E4 was daft so far up the guide, but they didn't have another number previously so fair enough.

I don't understand moving More4 up, I would have put the +1s in 28/29.

-------------
The other changes are mostly courtesy of Sony's channels on the Local Multiplex.

Movies4men moves from 48 to 40. It isn't on the Local Multiplex but is taking the number from a sister channel that is.

Sony Crime Channel+1 becomes Movies4men+1. It also moves from 60 to 48. I'm assuming it is also getting extended hours (compared to SCC+1) due to the changes mentioned below.

Sony Crime Channel moves from 40 to 60 and reduces hours significantly. It will now only broadcast from 4am until 6am.

Pop Max broadcast hours on the other hand are increasing. It was 6am-9pm and will now be 6am until 4am. It must be moving to timeshare with the reduced SCC, or SCC is moving to timeshare with it.

Sony Crime Channel +1 is timeshare with Pop Max right now.

So it look like Sony are moving Sony Crime to share with Pop Max.

An 24 hour channel will be free on the local mux (For Movies4Men +1?)

cheekyangus 12-05-2019 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35994586)
Sony Crime Channel +1 is timeshare with Pop Max right now.

So it look like Sony are moving Sony Crime to share with Pop Max.

An 24 hour channel will be free on the local mux (For Movies4Men +1?)

Apparently Sony only show Teleshopping on their Crime Channel at the Freeview new hours, which is similar to other placeholder channels (e.g. ITV4+1) on Freeview. It will be getting deleted in this house for now.

I only ever watched it on VM connected TV, so it's no loss to me. Feel sorry to others who don't have alternative though.

cheekyangus 05-06-2019 23:54

Not been able to confirm this yet but there are reports by some on Twitter that from Monday Dave moves to channel 19 and Yesterday moves to 12 in the EPG.

RichardCoulter 06-06-2019 02:04

That will be due to the divorce settlement between Discovery and the BBC.

Discovery wanted some of the better EPG slots.

cheekyangus 06-06-2019 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35998128)
That will be due to the divorce settlement between Discovery and the BBC.

Discovery wanted some of the better EPG slots.

Yeah, but these two channels are both going to be the BBC's after the deal, so the reasoning is less obvious.

Media Boy UK 06-06-2019 13:35

Confirm so far (on Dave and Yesterday)

Dave moves to Channel 19 on Monday
Yesterday moves to Channel 25 on Monday
Home* moves to Channel TBC on Monday

*No idea on what will happen to Channel 12 and Home at time of posting.

Source: UKTV ads on Dave and Yesterday.

cheekyangus 06-06-2019 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35998186)
Confirm so far (on Dave and Yesterday)

Dave moves to Channel 19 on Monday
Yesterday moves to Channel 25 on Monday
Home* moves to Channel TBC on Monday

*No idea on what will happen to Channel 12 and Home at time of posting.

Source: UKTV ads on Dave and Yesterday.

That Yesterday part of what I read late last night made no sense. This does as it seems to confirm the speculation. And that's the first with a proper source, the other folk on Twitter weren't clear where they'd seen it...and weren't wholey accurate on the Yesterday front.

Thanks.

Media Boy UK 06-06-2019 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 35998189)
That Yesterday part of what I read late last night made no sense. This does as it seems to confirm the speculation. And that's the first with a proper source, the other folk on Twitter weren't clear where they'd seen it...and weren't wholey accurate on the Yesterday front.

Thanks.

Your :welcome:

cheekyangus 06-06-2019 16:22

I've since seen an advertisement on Yesterday myself and a tweet from them confirming both it and Dave's move.

cheekyangus 07-06-2019 12:47

Seems Home is going to channel 12 on Monday, at least until the ownership of the slot passes to Discovery.

The reports it is ultimately for Quest make sense given the sports coverage and supposed use as part of Discovery's Olympic coverage in the future. I don't think the change to Quest would happen straight away though as they wouldn't want to annoy viewers with yet another Home change so soon.

BARB Ratings have Quest as 0.78 rating for April and Home a 0.34 so you'd imagine they would swap them eventually.

cheekyangus 12-06-2019 14:08

More channels moving number today on Freeview. This time it's Discovery's turn following the UKTV split deal going through.

Home, which only moved from 25 to 12 on Monday, is now moving to 42.
DMAX is moving from 42 to 37.
Quest is moving from 37 to 12, as predicted.

Media Boy UK 12-06-2019 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 35998792)
More channels moving number today on Freeview. This time it's Discovery's turn following the UKTV split deal going through.

Home, which only moved from 25 to 12 on Monday, is now moving to 42.
DMAX is moving from 42 to 37.
Quest is moving from 37 to 12, as predicted.

Look like Home will be axe in the coming months. Due to Discovery not moving Really from Channel 17.

cheekyangus 12-06-2019 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35998795)
Look like Home will be axe in the coming months. Due to Discovery not moving Really from Channel 17.

Why would Discovery move their new acquisition Really? Out of its new portfolio lineup it's the 2nd highest rated and therefore it keeping the 2nd highest Discovery-owned Freeview EPG position makes perfect sense.

May's BARB ratings figures have just come out Quest 0.73, Really 0.67, Quest Red 0.50, DMAX 0.40, Home 0.29, Food Network 0.22

And I don't know know why Home would be axed, it's not that similar. The only other FTA of theirs, Travel Channel, they recently removed from Freeview, and its ratings at the time it was still on Freeview weren't much different than Home's in May.

Discovery will probably keep the portfolio as it is for 6 months to a year, assess them and then make a decision on the future of all their channels.

Media Boy UK 12-06-2019 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 35998799)
Why would Discovery move their new acquisition Really? Out of its new portfolio lineup it's the 2nd highest rated and therefore it keeping the 2nd highest Discovery-owned Freeview EPG position makes perfect sense.

May's BARB ratings figures have just come out Quest 0.73, Really 0.67, Quest Red 0.50, DMAX 0.40, Home 0.29, Food Network 0.22

And I don't know know why Home would be axed, it's not that similar. The only other FTA of theirs, Travel Channel, they recently removed from Freeview, and its ratings at the time it was still on Freeview weren't much different than Home's in May.

Discovery will probably keep the portfolio as it is for 6 months to a year, assess them and then make a decision on the future of all their channels.

I was thinking maybe Discovery will axe Home brand for Home & Health.

We feel Discovery may axe some brands after they own the following brands in the UK:

-Really
-TLC
-I.D.
-Quest
-DMAX
-Quest Red
-Discovery Channel
-Animal Planet
-Discovery Science
-Discovery Turbo
-Discovery History
-Good Food
-Home
-Home & Health
-Discovery Shed
-Food Network
-Travel Channel

They may even launch an new brand called "Alaska Channel"

WHY?

If Discovery wants to axe some brands they can use slots for new +1 channels for Really and Discovery Shed or more HD Channels. Or even Sell the EPG slots on Sky to make some money.

cheekyangus 12-06-2019 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35998804)
I was thinking maybe Discovery will axe Home brand for Home & Health.

We feel Discovery may axe some brands after they own the following brands in the UK:

-Really
-TLC
-I.D.
-Quest
-DMAX
-Quest Red
-Discovery Channel
-Animal Planet
-Discovery Science
-Discovery Turbo
-Discovery History
-Good Food
-Home
-Home & Health
-Discovery Shed
-Food Network
-Travel Channel

They may even launch an new brand called "Alaska Channel"

WHY?

If Discovery wants to axe some brands they can use slots for new +1 channels for Really and Discovery Shed or more HD Channels. Or even Sell the EPG slots on Sky to make some money.

Re: Home/Home & Health. Maybe. I'm never totally convinced by merging similar Pay and Free channels. If they have shows in common, sure, if they are simply similar in type but not literally the same shows on both channels there's less savings to be made and they can't guarantee it would be worthwhile for them.
-----
Moving back on topic. Freeview EPG rules say that broadcasters can only shuffle channel numbers within their portfolio once every 12 months (or something like that), so both New UKTV and Discovery have used up their moves for a year. Home got to move twice in a number of days because of the ownership change between moves.

cheekyangus 24-06-2019 20:14

More changes to True channels on Freeview
Source: www.truechannels.tv/about

Quote:

On 27th June True Entertainment will move from channel number 61 to channel number 48 and True Movies will move from Freeview channel number 62 to channel number 50. Both channels will only broadcast on Freeview in selected areas. You may have to retune to make these changes.
Could be Sony are drastically cutting costs if they are not using the wider reach multiplexes these two are on any more. They are currently on ArqA and ArqB but this implies at the same time they are getting better numbers they are moving to the Local multiplex which of course has worse coverage, but is much cheaper. Strange, if true, as they are much more popular than other channels in their portfolio.

Media Boy UK 25-06-2019 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36000295)
Could be Sony are drastically cutting costs if they are not using the wider reach multiplexes these two are on any more. They are currently on ArqA and ArqB but this implies at the same time they are getting better numbers they are moving to the Local multiplex which of course has worse coverage, but is much cheaper. Strange, if true, as they are much more popular than other channels in their portfolio.

Digital Bit Rate says:

Channel 48 is use right now for Movies4Men
Channel 50 is use right now for Movies4Men +1

Both are on Local Mux so Sony look set to axe Movies4Men on Freeview.

cheekyangus 25-06-2019 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36000370)
Digital Bit Rate says:

Channel 48 is use right now for Movies4Men
Channel 50 is use right now for Movies4Men +1

Both are on Local Mux so Sony look set to axe Movies4Men on Freeview.

Both my TV tuner (which I did a manual scan on today) and DBR for me have M4M+1 on 48 and SMC+1 on 50 as they are meant to be until 27th. That must be a glitch you are looking at. Plus the main M4M is, IIRC, Sony's 2nd highest rating channel, so I doubt they would close it.

M4M+1 (and one other of Sony's channels) will likely be shunted to the Manchester multiplex to replace True Crime and True Crime +1 so Sony can keep as many of the channel numbers 4 channel numbers as possible.

Media Boy UK 26-06-2019 03:51

From July 1st Spotlight TV, previously Keep It Country will move to Freeview Channel 264.

Keep It Country will stop broadcasting on Freeview Channel 87 as soon as Wednesday (June 26th) night.

cheekyangus 27-06-2019 12:28

I've come up with a number of new possibilities for the various Freeview goings on coming up, though some are rather convoluted. And since they are mostly going to happen later today I guess we'll see soon. :D

Right, the initial information suggested Keep It Country was leaving Freeview on 30th June. Apparently it's now today.

This 3 day difference sets up a whole array of possible moves, especially if you reassess previously said, but ambiguous information.

Firstly the date change makes it the same day as the Sony changes.
Sony said the True Entertainment and True Movies were moving to reduced areas of broadcast. Many assumed they were both headed to the Local multiplex especially since Keep It Country wasn't apparently moving until the 30th.

The date change brings Keep It Country's space into play, it has reduced coverage (it's not in Wales, E4 uses space there due to S4C needing space) so one of the True channels could go there.

There had been no information about Pop Max or Tiny Pop moving, so this would back this up, Movie4Men+1 would be the sole Local multiplex channel to be replaced by a True channel.

So Sony would be saving money as two 90% coverage spaces would be given up for a space they already pay for, with maybe (I'm guessing) 60% population coverage, and the KIC space must cost less as it's less than 90% (without Wales).

I have a feeling M4M+1 may have to close on Freeview rather than move to the Manchester multiplex as it moved recently, and Freeview EPG rules (probably) wouldn't allow it (unless there is a loophole, as it was Sony Crime +1 in that space and changed at time of the number move). I suspect the True +1 channel on 75 would be moved to 61 (or 62) to take up the spare number and keep it in Sony's possession. They will probably give up position 75.

True Crime and it's +1 closing bring a further possibility into the mix on both Sky and Freeview. The guide data goes on until 30th. What if Sony have sold the channel and the deal goes through between the 28th and 30th. Sony could be doing what BBC and Discovery did with the double renumbering over a 3 day period with Home. Home got position 12 for a couple days so that Discovery would get the number and it was then allocated to Quest.

I'm suggesting maybe Sony has sold True Crime and this 3 days difference allows the buyer to get the numbers on both Freeview and Sky. The convoluted way is only required for the Freeview number to change hands but the owner would get a benefit on both.

With the temporary Com7 and Com8 multiplexes shutting down there will be a few channels that will want to move to permanent coverage. Those channels will be at higher EPG numbers too. For example, Smithsonian Channel has a higher number on both Freeview and Sky than True Crime. Being on 68/69/180 could appeal to them. They would make a separate deal with Arqiva for one of the vacated Sony streams so would end up with both better number and coverage.

Like I said all this is convoluted, but Sony has a history of being convoluted, just look at the long term strategy they played with Movie Mix ownership to get it's position within the Freeview rules.

It probably won't happen after all this rambling. :D
------------------
---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

After all my rambling above the Freeview Service Update page now says this.
Quote:

What’s changing?
Channel launches
BBC will be launching 5 Red Button services during the Wimbledon Tennis Championship – you can find these on channels 602, 603, 604, 605 and 606.

Channel closures
Movies4men+1 and POP +1 will be closing from 27 June 2019.

Channel changes

Sony Movie Channel+1 will be moving from channel 50 to 61
True Movies+1 will be moving from channel 75 to 62

Channel changes and broadcast in selected areas
These channels will change numbers and broadcast only in selected areas:

True Entertainment will be moving from channel 61 to channel 48***
True Movies will be moving from channel 62 to channel 50***

Broadcast in selected areas
These channels will now only be broadcast in selected areas:

Movies4men
Sony Crime
Pop Max

Temporarily off air
These channels are temporarily off air from 27 June 2019:

Keep it Country
True Crime
True Crime+1
This means Movies4Men main channel is moving too. And seemingly to the Keep It Country slot though it's not totally clear by the way it's put.

Looks like I got very little correct. Oh well...

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Another update

People have clearly complained and been confused by the initial layout of the Freeview Service Update web page, they've changed the layout already to try and make it clearer.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/service-u...june-2019.html

Reading between the lines it seems basically that:
Pop Max and Sony Crime Channel are keeping their numbers moving to the Manchester multiplex to take the True Crime and True Crime+1 slots.

Their spaces (combined with M4M+1 space) on the Local multiplex will then go to True Entertainment and True Movies which simultaneously change to better numbers as their coverage reduces.

Tiny Pop remains as it, on Local multiplex timesharing with Sony Movies Channel+1, the latter moving number.

I saw a mesage of M4M yesterday, but assumed it was a mistake and should've been on +1. Clearly it wasn't, and the KIC slot would explain it.

After all this Sony have vacated 3 90% population coverage slots but kept their numbers.

The phrasing of the KIC and TC/TC+1 information, saying they are going temporarily off-air, by Freeview is interesting. KIC has already been said to be a becoming a streaming channel on the Freeview EPG, the phrasing doesn't contradict this. Given True Crime is closing though, that only makes sense if some change is going on. Maybe my sale idea (above), to transfer the numbers within Freeview's rules, is happening?

Media Boy UK 30-06-2019 19:27

We think the BBC will move BBC Four in Scotland from Channel 82 to Channel 75 soon.

BBC Four is on Channel 9 outside Scotland.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

I think Sony own the Keep it Country slot on Freeview after all True Entertainment did use that slot before hand.

True Entertainment (Own by Sony) >> Keep it Country >> Movies4Men (Own by Sony)

cheekyangus 30-06-2019 20:33

You mean they sublet it? I doubt SDN would allow that. After all it is their multiplex. It's more likely a case of timing (Sony were doing a rejog of other channels anyway) and a limited market for a slot with coverage limitations.

Media Boy UK 30-06-2019 20:59

Well Channel 5 did sublet slots on Freeview to Top Up TV in the past.

Anyway our last post was just an point of view.

Media Boy UK 07-08-2019 15:39

Sony did axe three UK wide slots but Together TV has launch on one of them what about the other two slots?

cheekyangus 07-08-2019 18:36

Sony rebrands that do away with the True brand, among others, happen on September 10th I think.

Sony closed True Crime and +1 on 27th/28th of July I think, but on Freeview they were put temporarily off air rather than properly closed to keep the numbers active. Freeview rules allow this to happen for 12 weeks before they lose their numbers. So True Crime and +1 have until the end of September to "resume".

Sony are clearly working the system again. The lengths they went to with Movie Mix before it became Sony Movie Channel are a good example of the convoluted lengths they are willing to go to.

I reckon Sony will sell the True brand and it's assets (its two remaining True channels) after the rebrand on the 10th and then the new owners will have a couple of weeks to utilise the numbers. Given this is the only way to monetise the Freeview EPG numbers. Whether this is done in tandem with a purchase of the two free slots from Arqiva is just another complication. They may go to different homes. There's a lot of potential candidates, that's for sure, with many of those channels on the temporary multiplexes looking for a permanent home, many of who also happen to be in worse channel numbers than True Crime and its +1.

Media Boy UK 11-08-2019 16:03

T. J. Hooker starts on True Entertainment on August 24th.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? starts on True Entertainment from next weekend (August 17th/18th)

Info from TiVo.

cheekyangus 11-08-2019 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36005752)
T. J. Hooker starts on True Entertainment on August 24th.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? starts on True Entertainment from next weekend (August 17th/18th)

Info from TiVo.

It's odd that two shows on the press release for the rebranding of True Entertainment as Sony Channel are starting before the rebrand happens, which is September 10th if I remember correctly.

Media Boy UK 11-08-2019 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36005766)
It's odd that two shows on the press release for the rebranding of True Entertainment as Sony Channel are starting before the rebrand happens, which is September 10th if I remember correctly.

I wanted to TJ Hooker from the start (I did watch some of it on Sky One in the early '90s)

I do not know about the other shows.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Charlie’s Angels and Starsky & Hutch is also starting on True Entertainment on August 24th.

cheekyangus 11-08-2019 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36005767)
I wanted to TJ Hooker from the start (I did watch some of it on Sky One in the early '90s)

I do not know about the other shows.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Charlie’s Angels and Starsky & Hutch is also starting on True Entertainment on August 24th.

Those two were on that press release too. They've either moved up the launch date for the Sony Channel rebrand or they don't care if they coincide.

cheekyangus 14-08-2019 13:39

I saw a trailer for Millionaire on True Entertainment the other day and it said True Entertainment and a before-rebrand date. So I guess Sony don't care if the new lineup coincides with the rebrand. Odd strategy if you ask me. :-)

Media Boy UK 14-08-2019 14:00

Not seen any trailer for Millionaire on True Entertainment.

Media Boy UK 15-10-2019 13:30

Look like BBC FOUR in Scotland is set to move again to Freeview Channel 72.

NOTE: BBC FOUR (Scotland) is on Channel 75 but Your TV has left Channel 72.

cheekyangus 15-10-2019 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36013966)
Look like BBC FOUR in Scotland is set to move again to Freeview Channel 72.

NOTE: BBC FOUR (Scotland) is on Channel 75 but Your TV has left Channel 72.

Weird. Given Sony never managed to do anything with 68/69 in the 12 weeks they are allowed following the True Crime/+1 closure I'd have thought BBC4 (in Scotland) would've waited and gotten an even lower number rather than mess viewers about more than necessary.

BBC4 needs as good a position in Scotland as possible so that when the enforced OFCOM position, of being in the Top 24, comes into effect in early 2021 it will soften the blow for whatever channel it swaps with. The OFCOM paper, at a glance, seems to think these changes will mean lots of channels moving down by one, but a swap is more practical as it inconveniences one channel rather than a great many. Given it's a +1 and the BBC hosts More4+1 for it on the HD PSB mux I think Channel 4+1 SD is the most obvious candidate to move for BBC4 to enforce the OFCOM PSB EPG slot decision.

Media Boy UK 15-10-2019 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36013984)
Weird. Given Sony never managed to do anything with 68/69 in the 12 weeks they are allowed following the True Crime/+1 closure I'd have thought BBC4 (in Scotland) would've waited and gotten an even lower number rather than mess viewers about more than necessary.

BBC4 needs as good a position in Scotland as possible so that when the enforced OFCOM position, of being in the Top 24, comes into effect in early 2021 it will soften the blow for whatever channel it swaps with. The OFCOM paper, at a glance, seems to think these changes will mean lots of channels moving down by one, but a swap is more practical as it inconveniences one channel rather than a great many. Given it's a +1 and the BBC hosts More4+1 for it on the HD PSB mux I think Channel 4+1 SD is the most obvious candidate to move for BBC4 to enforce the OFCOM PSB EPG slot decision.

I did not know channel 68 was free.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

BBC FOUR was giving "the highest ranking channel number that's currently available on Freeview on a UK-wide basis" of channel 82 in February 2019 when BBC Scotland was launch.

Then moved to Channel 75 in August.

RXTV is reporting that Channel 69 has been free since October 1st..

cheekyangus 15-10-2019 17:24

68 and 69 are now "free" on Digital UK site. The end of September was the end of Sony's 12 week inactivity allowance for the numbers. http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings

In other Freeview news, the Temporary multiplexes in one part of Yorkshire/Lincolnshire are clearly shutting down (700Mhz clearance reasons again) as PBS America is apologising in a tweet today. https://twitter.com/PBSAmerica/statu...65380643491840

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

I just looked at my Freeview recorder, it has a BBC4 information screen saying it's moved to 68. Guess they noticed after all. :-)

Media Boy UK 15-10-2019 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36013991)
I just looked at my Freeview recorder, it has a BBC4 information screen saying it's moved to 68. Guess they noticed after all. :-)

Thanks for confirm.

I did not see your post until after 7pm.

Media Boy UK 17-10-2019 11:51

As of yesterday when I last saw Freeview BBC Four is still on Channel 75 in Scotland.

cheekyangus 17-10-2019 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36014193)
As of yesterday when I last saw Freeview BBC Four is still on Channel 75 in Scotland.

I'm aware of that. The information slate was there though. My box now says Channel Not in Service when I select BBC Four Moved channel from EPG now. I did take a photo though. I wasn't imagining it. :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EG8GNJxX...jpg&name=small

Media Boy UK 17-10-2019 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36014201)
I'm aware of that. The information slate was there though. My box now says Channel Not in Service when I select BBC Four Moved channel from EPG now. I did take a photo though. I wasn't imagining it. :D

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

I believe you, thanks for the info it may happen sometime next week.

cheekyangus 29-10-2019 10:18

CBS Drama is going full-time on Freeview from November 1st according to RXTVlog.
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/10/cbs-...-freeview.html

I believe this leaves one of the Sony-vacated channels left to fill. At time of writing this I don't know who CBS Drama currently timeshares with so not sure if they are likely to fill the CBS Drama vacated space... assuming it's not them that's disappearing to leave CBS the space. In which case a former-Sony dpace isn't being used.

I'll look into this.

daveeb 29-10-2019 12:56

I can't get Beeb 4 HD anymore. I suspect either lowering the power it's transmitted at ?? and / or only having a loft aerial. Not worth getting a wideband rooftop aerial just for one channel but really annoying nevertheless.

cheekyangus 29-10-2019 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36015330)
I can't get Beeb 4 HD anymore. I suspect either lowering the power it's transmitted at ?? and / or only having a loft aerial. Not worth getting a wideband rooftop aerial just for one channel but really annoying nevertheless.

Neither, I think. It'll probably be because of 5G. The Temporary HD Multiplexes COM7 and COM8, one of which BBC4 HD is carried on, are in the the part of the Spectrum being cleared for mobile services. Those multiplexes already had limited coverage, but it is being cut even further due to this.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance

daveeb 29-10-2019 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36015353)
Neither, I think. It'll probably be because of 5G. The Temporary HD Multiplexes COM7 and COM8, one of which BBC4 HD is carried on, are in the the part of the Spectrum being cleared for mobile services. Those multiplexes already had limited coverage, but it is being cut even further due to this.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance

Thanks for the link explaining it so thoroughly. I have four tv's, strangely one of which still seems to be able to receive BBC4 HD but only very intermittently (took about half a dozen retune attempts to find the channel), so far I can view it only when it's very rainy i.e. low pressure.

cheekyangus 29-10-2019 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36015366)
Thanks for the link explaining it so thoroughly. I have four tv's, strangely one of which still seems to be able to receive BBC4 HD but only very intermittently (took about half a dozen retune attempts to find the channel), so far I can view it only when it's very rainy i.e. low pressure.

If one is still receiving it there are other factors that may be coming into play then.

Not all digital tuners are equal, some are more sensitive than others.

The wiring to each TV might be of differing qualities, which also affects signal.

Also, because of this spectrum clearance, if your area isn't being switched off, it might be changing frequency and it's one that doesn't carry so well to your location.

daveeb 29-10-2019 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36015369)
If one is still receiving it there are other factors that may be coming into play then.

Not all digital tuners are equal, some are more sensitive than others.

The wiring to each TV might be of differing qualities, which also affects signal.

Also, because of this spectrum clearance, if your area isn't being switched off, it might be changing frequency and it's one that doesn't carry so well to your location.

I suspect that's the issue there. Thanks for your input !

cheekyangus 29-10-2019 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36015374)
I suspect that's the issue there. Thanks for your input !

My pleasure. :)

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36015288)
CBS Drama is going full-time on Freeview from November 1st according to RXTVlog.
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/10/cbs-...-freeview.html

I believe this leaves one of the Sony-vacated channels left to fill. At time of writing this I don't know who CBS Drama currently timeshares with so not sure if they are likely to fill the CBS Drama vacated space... assuming it's not them that's disappearing to leave CBS the space. In which case a former-Sony dpace isn't being used.

I'll look into this.

The following is me thinking out loud... :D

Sony vacated 3 full-time channel slots on main transmitters. One channel moved to the slot that doesn't have Welsh coverage after Keep It Country vacated it. The other two went onto the Local multiplex.

These 3 slots were filled by Together TV, Quest +1 and now it seems CBS Drama.
Hochanda was timesharing with Quest+1 and it has filled the space Quest+1 vacated.

If CBS Drama is using the remaining ex-Sony slot then either a timeshare is up for grabs, or one of the channels it was timesharing with will copy what Hochanda did and extend their hours.

I've been informed that CBS Drama timeshares with Sewing Quarter and Babestation. Given the nature of Babestation it won't be extending hours to start at 1pm in the afternoon, so either Sewing Quarter extends their hours to 11pm or new channel will have the opportunity. Maybe one of the SD channels from the temporary HD multiplexes?

Media Boy UK 30-10-2019 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36015378)
My pleasure. :)

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

The following is me thinking out loud... :D

Sony vacated 3 full-time channel slots on main transmitters. One channel moved to the slot that doesn't have Welsh coverage after Keep It Country vacated it. The other two went onto the Local multiplex.

These 3 slots were filled by Together TV, Quest +1 and now it seems CBS Drama.
Hochanda was timesharing with Quest+1 and it has filled the space Quest+1 vacated.

If CBS Drama is using the remaining ex-Sony slot then either a timeshare is up for grabs, or one of the channels it was timesharing with will copy what Hochanda did and extend their hours.

I've been informed that CBS Drama timeshares with Sewing Quarter and Babestation. Given the nature of Babestation it won't be extending hours to start at 1pm in the afternoon, so either Sewing Quarter extends their hours to 11pm or new channel will have the opportunity. Maybe one of the SD channels from the temporary HD multiplexes?

What about Your TV old slot?

cheekyangus 30-10-2019 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36015433)
What about Your TV old slot?

Completely forgot it. Ooops. Thanks. :)

It does explain the nagging feeling I'd missed something though. :D

Media Boy UK 10-11-2019 19:34

I can't wait to see:

-Where E4+1 new multiplex will be (Moves to Film4 +1 old slot D3&4?).
-What will happen to More4 +1 old slot on PSB3 (Use for CBeebies HD and BBC 4 HD?).
-CBS Drama old part time slot on COM6.
-What will happen to NOW 90s old slot on COM8.

Red means that is my own views.

cheekyangus 10-11-2019 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36016760)
I can't wait to see:

-Where E4+1 new multiplex will be (Moves to Film4 +1 old slot D3&4?).
-What will happen to More4 +1 old slot on PSB3 (Use for CBeebies HD and BBC 4 HD?).
-CBS Drama old part time slot on COM6.

Red means that is my own views.

Same. There's a few others on social media that think same as us re: E4+1 and BBC4/Cbeebies HD taking the PSB3 space.

The CBS Drama slot is futher reduced as I believe Sewing Quarter have extended to 6pm on that timeshared channel slot. My guesses are either Blaze+1 ( as they've kept the number with a brief overnight transmission for ages now), or Smithsonian or PBS America, simply as they usually have hour long shows which should finish before the 11pm timeshare end time. FreeSports showing live and/or long content means that slot is inappropriate for them.

E4 will probably take D3&4 in Wales, so existing Wales-only slot on SDN will probably be taken by E4+1 there, which means E4+1's slot will be free. FreeSports, if it is going to take any slot before the temp multiplexes shut down, will surely have to try to get this one.

There's been empty space on COM7 and COM8 for a while, so there's clearly little demand to fill what was there before Now 90s closed, even less so now. It may be that the remaining channels on these two multiplexes will consolidate on COM7 and COM8 will be closed. Some sites for COM7 and COM8 have already been closed over the last year so their coverage has already reduced.

Media Boy UK 10-11-2019 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36016763)
E4 will probably take D3&4 in Wales, so existing Wales-only slot on SDN will probably be taken by E4+1 there, which means E4+1's slot will be free.

Only E4 +1 has been confirmed as moving so I think it will have D3&4 slot.

Where do E4 +1 broadcast right now?

Maybe for all I know S4C may move soon to BBC multiplex in Wales as BBC is now funding S4C.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Maybe Freesports or Forces TV will get E4 +1 slot after the 14th of November.

cheekyangus 10-11-2019 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36016766)
Only E4 +1 has been confirmed as moving so I think it will have D3&4 slot.

Where do E4 +1 broadcast right now?

Maybe for all I know S4C may move soon to BBC multiplex in Wales as BBC is now funding S4C.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Maybe Freesports or Forces TV will get E4 +1 slot after the 14th of November.

I know only E4+1 is reported as moving, and it will probably get the D3&4 slot in most of the country, but they are hardly going to put the +1 on a multiplex with greater coverage than the main version, so Wales will have to have the main E4 move to D3&4 instead, which was my point.

Currently E4+1 is on ArqA (all the main multiplexes listed here) https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate...annel-listings

Though I've been mentioning the S4C BBC multiplex move idea for a while now, I don't think it's going to happen this retune now. Maybe in a few weeks or maybe even happen in the early new year, though I reckon the PSB3 change will happen before Christmas.

Media Boy UK 18-11-2019 21:21

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

-Old E4+1 slot on COM5
-More4 +1 old slot on PSB3.

All information right as of November 18th.

RXTV is reporting on twitter the following is set to happen on November 20th:

-Together TV (Channel 93) moves to channel 88.
-Together TV+1 moves to channel 89.
-PBS America moves to COM6.
-PBS America +1 appeared at Channel 93

https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1196476542282543104

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Do anyone know when COM7 and COM8 will close for everyone for good? I have try to find information with no luck.

cheekyangus 18-11-2019 22:48

No-one can agree about the closure dates for COM7 and COM8 on the various forums I've seen discussing it. And many openly admit there are few sources, and that they are inconsistent and/or ambiguous. From memory, the approximate closure years given by people range from 2020 to 2024.

Given the clearance for 5G going on and that some of the sites are closing already due to this, I can't see them lasting much longer. That they are emptying and are mostly +1 channels says a lot.

cheekyangus 20-11-2019 18:33

Freeview channel changes today 20/11/2019

Channel 68 (in Scotland only) is now BBC Four, previously channel 75 (confirming that change that showed up on my box prematurely a wee while back)

Channel 72 is now Quest Red+1, previously channel 78

Channel 83 was NOW 80s and has changed to NOW Xmas temporarily

Channel 88 is now Together TV, previously channel 89

Channel 89 is now Together TV+1, previously channel 93

Channel 91 is still PBS America but it has moved from (temporary) COM8 to (permanent and wider coverage) COM6. Broadcast hours now 1pm-11pm.

Channel 93 is now PBS America+1 which has launched on COM8 to replace main channel

Media Boy UK 20-11-2019 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36017781)
Freeview channel changes today 20/11/2019

Channel 68 (in Scotland only) is now BBC Four, previously channel 75 (confirming that change that showed up on my box prematurely a wee while back)

Channel 72 is now Quest Red+1, previously channel 78

Channel 83 was NOW 80s and has changed to NOW Xmas temporarily

Channel 88 is now Together TV, previously channel 89

Channel 89 is now Together TV+1, previously channel 93

Channel 91 is still PBS America but it has moved from (temporary) COM8 to (permanent and wider coverage) COM6. Broadcast hours now 1pm-11pm.

Channel 93 is now PBS America+1 which has launched on COM8 to replace main channel

PBS America+1 is using an other slot. Both PBS Channels was broadcasting on COM8 at 12.30pm today. (Source: My Telly)

cheekyangus 20-11-2019 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36017801)
PBS America+1 is using an other slot. Both PBS Channels was broadcasting on COM8 at 12.30pm today. (Source: My Telly)

They normally try and run old and new simultaneously for a week to give people a chance to retune. It happened with Film4+1 and More4+1 for a week after they moved and again with the E4+1 move. It'll work out as the equivalent of a direct replacement in the end.

cheekyangus 26-11-2019 15:15

A516Digital has seen reports on Shopping TV forums (yes, there apparently is such a thing) that Sewing Quarter is going to close.
https://mobile.twitter.com/a516digit...39668593991681

They are 8am to 1pm on the Freeview stream that PBS America has just moved onto. If PBS America knew, maybe they have already arranged to take this space when it is vacated when they struck their deal for the 1pm to 11pm slot.

Alternatively another temp mux channel may decide a morning slot on a main multiplex is better than an uncertain DTT future on a temporary multiplex with less coverage.

There is actually space from 5am to 8am on this stream, so whoever gets later morning slot could take this up too. This 3 hour space seems to act as a padding between Adult channels ending and others taking over currently. There is a similar (but not same length) padding on some other streams that share with Adult channels.

See timesharing on multiplexes here http://www.xhxf.uk/timeshares/

cheekyangus 26-11-2019 17:51

RXTVlog has a post on Sewing Quarter and Jewellery Maker
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/11/radi...-shopping.html

Media Boy UK 03-12-2019 15:25

With TBN moving to BBC HD (If you can get BBC One HD you will get TBN) that will be TWO slot on COM5 free - with E4 +1 being the other one.

Here hoping Freesports pick up one of them.

Our pick for the two free slots from Thursday is Forces TV and Freesports.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

-Old E4+1 slot on COM5
-Old TBN UK slot on COM5 - slot will be free from December 5th.
-More4 +1 old slot on PSB3 - TBN UK to move to slot on December 5th.

All information right as of December 3rd.

cheekyangus 03-12-2019 15:35

Personally I'd rather it was Smithsonian Channel and Freesports. ForcesTV has less new content.

In other Freeview matters, if Sewing Quarter closes I can see either PBS America extending its hours (to either SQ's start of 8am or the available space of 5am) or Jewellery Maker ensuring it has a slot off the temporary multiplex it's on. JM is going back to its original owner, the same as GemsTV, so they may just move JM content onto GemsTV when the temporary multiplexes close. A 5am/8am-1pm slot doesn't lend itself to many obvious occupants, so PBS America expanding their newly acquired slot is probably the most likely outcome.

Media Boy UK 03-12-2019 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36019064)
Personally I'd rather it was Smithsonian Channel and Freesports. ForcesTV has less new content.

In other Freeview matters, if Sewing Quarter closes I can see either PBS America extending its hours (to either SQ's start of 8am or the available space of 5am) or Jewellery Maker ensuring it has a slot off the temporary multiplex it's on. JM is going back to its original owner, the same as GemsTV, so they may just move JM content onto GemsTV when the temporary multiplexes close. A 5am/8am-1pm slot doesn't lend itself to many obvious occupants, so PBS America expanding their newly acquired slot is probably the most likely outcome.

Maybe SQ slot (Reports say Sewing Quarter will close by December 25th) on Freeview is being sold to Gems TV as part of deal for JM to use. And PBS will stay as now

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Other news - how long as Forum Box been down?

cheekyangus 03-12-2019 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36019065)
Maybe SQ slot (Reports say Sewing Quarter will close by December 25th) on Freeview is being sold to Gems TV as part of deal for JM to use. And PBS will stay as now

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Other news - how long as Forum Box been down?

Reasonably likely that will happen with SQ. I'd rather PBS America extended, but the GTV/JM is marginally more likely.

As for Forumbox, maybe a few hours, I certainly saw it working ewrlier today.

heero_yuy 03-12-2019 17:28

Quote:

Quote from cheekyangus:
As for Forumbox, maybe a few hours, I certainly saw it working erlier today.
We're currently moving servers so we'll be off air for hopefully a short time.

cheekyangus 03-12-2019 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36019073)
We're currently moving servers so we'll be off air for hopefully a short time.

Ah. Many thanks. :)

(Oh dear at the typo I made :D)

Media Boy UK 17-12-2019 15:19

Confirmed: Sewing Quarter axed

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/12/sewi...confirmed.html

Also I think ViacomCBS will use Paramount Network old slot on Freeview from January 7th for Smithsonian Channel as they part own it.

cheekyangus 26-12-2019 12:19

Just noticed that RXTVLog is reporting that some of the other C5 channels are due to renumber on Freeview at the same time as Paramount Network UK moves into 5Spike's 31 position.

According to them:
5SELECT moves from 55 to 54.
5STAR+1 moves fron 56 to 55.
5USA+1 moves from 57 to 56.

cheekyangus 02-01-2020 13:47

RXTVlog is reporting on Twitter that Smithsonian Channel is
a) moving to 57 on Freeview
b) moving to a more widely available slot
c) it's happening on 7th January
https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1212703331614887937

They don't say which of the 3 slots available as of 7th it will be occupying, though it will probably be 5Spike's. (E4+1 and TBN's old slots are the other two.)

Well called by Media Boy. :Yes:

I know they will eventually have common ownership, but the OFCOM license is still under a different name/address so if it was a straight handover of the EPG number I would be surprised. Maybe Freeview thought there was no point being picky as it would only be a matter of time until the paperwork got sorted out, but they've been a pain regarding their EPG number rules with other channels in the past.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Futher RXTVlog and Freeview Status articles on changes
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/01/smit...-boost-in.html
https://www.freeview.co.uk/7-jan-202...anges-freeview

Interesting additional mentions.
-CBS Justice +1 is arriving on Ch 69 , no word on how wide coverage is.
-Jewellery Maker is getting wider coverage, no word on which slot it is using, but probably Sewing Quarter's slot as they were owned by same company until recently and SQ is moving to JM's Temp Multiplex position on COM7.
-TJC is going HD-only, so Ch49 is freeing up

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

If TJC is coming off 49 and going HD-only on Freeview, that means another permanent slot has been freed up, this time on ARQA.

Media Boy UK 03-01-2020 16:37

TV Times is reporting that Paramount Network +1 will launch only on Freeview. With Channel 57 being listed.

cheekyangus 03-01-2020 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36021923)
TV Times is reporting that Paramount Network +1 will launch only on Freeview. With Channel 57 being listed.

Given both Freeview's own website (link in previous post) and Smithsonian Channel UK on social media say they are moving to 57, TV Times have clearly made an error.

https://twitter.com/SmithsonianTVUK/...40991444439040

I do think there is a reasonable chance Paramount Network+1 will appear on Freeview, probably on a temp mux like 5USA+1/5Star+1, but on a different number.

Media Boy UK 03-01-2020 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36021821)
Jewellery Maker is getting wider coverage, no word on which slot it is using, but probably Sewing Quarter's slot as they were owned by same company until recently and SQ is moving to JM's Temp Multiplex position on COM7.

As I first posted on December 3rd at 15:42 by me.;)

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36021927)
Given both Freeview's own website (link in previous post) and Smithsonian Channel UK on social media say they are moving to 57, TV Times have clearly made an error.

https://twitter.com/SmithsonianTVUK/...40991444439040

I do think there is a reasonable chance Paramount Network+1 will appear on Freeview, probably on a temp mux like 5USA+1/5Star+1, but on a different number.

That why I posted "With Channel 57 being listed" for.

cheekyangus 03-01-2020 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36021938)
As I first posted on December 3rd at 15:42 by me.;)[COLOR="Silver"]

Yup. Nice to have official on Freeview site though. Not that it is infallible, I was told that it wrongly published that PBS America was closing on Freeview the other day and had to quickly retract it. :erm:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36021938)
That why I posted "With Channel 57 being listed" for.

I saw. :)

cheekyangus 04-01-2020 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36021821)
If TJC is coming off 49 and going HD-only on Freeview, that means another permanent slot has been freed up, this time on ARQA.

RXTVlog updated their article. Apparently Freeview wrongly reported TJC SD on 49 was closing at the same time the similar PBS America mistake happened.

I was about to tell them the on-screen message suggested it was moving rather than closing on 49 when I noticed they had changed that bit of the article.

So, the question now is, which multiplex is it moving to? The available spaces with the same coverage are all on the multiplex it is already on.

cheekyangus 06-01-2020 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36021963)
RXTVlog updated their article. Apparently Freeview wrongly reported TJC SD on 49 was closing at the same time the similar PBS America mistake happened.

I was about to tell them the on-screen message suggested it was moving rather than closing on 49 when I noticed they had changed that bit of the article.

So, the question now is, which multiplex is it moving to? The available spaces with the same coverage are all on the multiplex it is already on.

Unexpectedly TJC SD has moved to COM4. Unexpected because there was no known space on this multiplex!

It has already moved. I got the initial news from @ukdtt on Twitter and have confirmed it myself using my own TV.

There is apparently a 17th stream on COM4 now.

It is likely encoder upgrades have enabled this. So I'd imagine we can expect some of the other multiplexes will follow eventually. COM5 and COM6 have 16 video streams normally these days.

Note: This is in reference to full video streams, not channels or services in general, because there are radio stations and channels that time share on streams.

cheekyangus 07-01-2020 11:08

Freeview have updated their status page.
Paramount Network +1 will be launching non Ch 94.

We'll soon see which multiplex, thought it'll probably be Smithsonian's old (temp mux) slot.
https://www.freeview.co.uk/7-jan-202...anges-freeview

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Some answers to the the "which multiplex?" questions.

Paramount Network +1 (Ch94) is on COM7
CBS Justice +1 (Ch69) is on COM8

Source: @ukdtt on Twitter.

cheekyangus 08-01-2020 00:14

Hochanda is reverting to its old Freeview hours of 7am-7pm, having only went 24 hours not that long back.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/0…-cuts...iew-hours.html

Happening today apparently.

Let the speculation begin over the spare space freed up

Media Boy UK 08-01-2020 14:45

-Old Hochanda slot on SDN (7pm to 7am only)
-Old TBN UK slot on COM5
-Old TJC slot on COM5
-Old 5Spike slot on COM6

All information right as of January 8th.

cheekyangus 08-01-2020 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36022321)

-Old TBN UK slot on COM5
-Old TJC slot on COM5
-Old 5Spike slot on COM6

All information right as of January 8th.

The Sewing Quarter/Jewellery Maker changes didn't happen yesterday, so there's that in the mix too, unless it's just a delay.

Media Boy UK 08-01-2020 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36022331)
The Sewing Quarter/Jewellery Maker changes didn't happen yesterday, so there's that in the mix too, unless it's just a delay.

I have seen on Digital Spy (Sky Forums) that Sewing Quarter is set to close on Sky on January 15th.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...mment_95504720

Media Boy UK 09-01-2020 11:49

Ofcom is reporting that the owners of Ideal World may launch an new channel soon on Freeview called CCXTV (I think it means Create & Craft Xtra TV that broadcast on Sky right now).

Maybe Ideal World has took over Sewing Quarter old EPG slot?

http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/ra...08ba1ccxtv.htm

cheekyangus 09-01-2020 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36022404)
Ofcom is reporting that the owners of Ideal World may launch an new channel soon on Freeview called CCXTV (I think it means Create & Craft Xtra TV that broadcast on Sky right now).

@ukdtt reported a new channel license for it this morning in Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1215222942558236672

Media Boy UK 09-01-2020 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36022414)
@ukdtt reported a new channel license for it this morning in Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1215222942558236672

I just seen that after I posted.

Media Boy UK 21-01-2020 13:00

UPDATE:

Home has been renamed HGTV on Freeview Channel 42.

Digital Bit Rate is reporting that Together TV is no longer broadcasting on COM8.

Media Boy UK 02-02-2020 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36022332)
I have seen on Digital Spy (Sky Forums) that Sewing Quarter is set to close on Sky on January 15th.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...mment_95504720

Sewing Quarter saved on Freeview but will soon be rebranded under new owners as "Sewing Street".

Source: My TV Set.

cheekyangus 02-02-2020 19:14

Sewing Quarter story on RXTVLog
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/how-...g-quarter.html

Media Boy UK 02-02-2020 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36024133)

Oops I did not know an story was online.

heero_yuy 03-02-2020 11:09

I suppose you could say "A stitch in time saves nine" :D

Media Boy UK 04-02-2020 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36022331)

The changes listed look set to happen tomorrow (February 5th - AKA Sky's 31st birthday) base on off air information on Freeview Channel 73.

The Channel off-air Information has been updated to confirmed that Jewellery Maker will just broadcast from 8am to 1pm on Freeview. But the EPG still says Sewing Quarter.

Source: My TV Set.

Media Boy UK 14-02-2020 19:06

RXTV is reporting that Sewing Street has launch today on Freeview Channel 73.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/sewi...hannel-73.html

SonicMaster 11-04-2020 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36022404)

CCXTV launches on Wednesday 15th April, on Freeview.

It will broadcast 7am - 10pm daily on COM5/ARQ-B (a slot currently used by NOW 70s).

It's expected to swap places with Create & Craft on the EPG so that CCXTV will be on 23 and Create & Craft will be on 95.

Programmes include a simulcast of Create & Craft 7am-10am each day and the following main shows:

- Where Were You?
- The Bold and The Beautiful
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- The Pain Behind The Fame
- Great British Ghosts
- Crime Inc
- In Deep
- The Veil
- Dalai Lama: Enlightened
- Nicole Kidman: The Girl From Oz
- Pele: The King of Football
- Muhammad Ali: Fighting Spirit
- Marilyn Monroe: Fascination
- The Beatles: Parting Ways
- The Magic of Audrey Hepburn

SonicMaster 12-04-2020 15:10

Trailer:

https://twitter.com/CCXTV1/status/1249258657478557696

SonicMaster 15-04-2020 10:28

15 Apr 2020 - Channel changes

On Wednesday 15 April 2020 some channels are making changes to their positions in the Freeview TV Guide.

You may need to retune to update your TV to keep your TV Guide up to date. To find out more about retuning watch our handy retune videos.

New channels:

Yesterday+1 will be launching on channel 75.

CCXTV will be moving to and launching their new content on channel 23.

Channels no longer available:

Smithsonian will no longer be available on channel 793 but is still available to view on channel 57.

Paramount +1 will no longer be available on channel 94.

Channel changes:

Create & Craft
Are moving from channel 23 to 95.

Sony Movies
Are changing the way they are broadcast.

Trans World Radio
Are changing the way they are broadcast.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/15-april-...hannel-changes

Media Boy UK 15-04-2020 14:10

QVC look set to close QVC Style soon on Freeview and using slot for QVC +1.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

Source: Ofcom

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Base on what CCXTV is set to broadcast look to me that it own by the owners of Forces TV or Sony.

I mean Forces TV broadcasts Bless this house, Men Behaving Badly (Series 1), Trippers Day and Never the Twain.

But CCXTV is also broadcasting SOME True Crime shows.

Is Forces TV now being run by Sony (Maybe set to move soon to COM5 - Sony Movies old slot)?

cheekyangus 15-04-2020 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36031727)
QVC look set to close QVC Style soon on Freeview and using slot for QVC +1.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

Source: Ofcom

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Base on what CCXTV is set to broadcast look to me that it own by the owners of Forces TV or Sony.

I mean Forces TV broadcasts Bless this house, Men Behaving Badly (Series 1), Trippers Day and Never the Twain.

But CCXTV is also broadcasting SOME True Crime shows.

Is Forces TV now being run by Sony (Maybe set to move soon to COM5 - Sony Movies old slot)?

It's owned by Ideal World. But they may be lining it up to sell on. Since EPG positions can't be sold directly, they gradually change it and then sell it. Like with the shopping channel that eventually, via Movie Mix, became Sony Movies on Freeview.

Media Boy UK 15-04-2020 20:54

Yesterday +1 has appeared on COM5 and on screen information says "Back at 5am". So I think it using TJC old slot.

EPG says Yesterday +1 is broadcasting all day.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

-Old TBN UK slot on COM5
-Old Sony Movies slot on COM5

All information right as of April 15th.

cheekyangus 07-05-2020 19:27

Quote:

On Freeview only, Together TV is going to temporarily reduce its hours due to broadcast engineering works.
From May 13th until June 1st, our channel will only be on air from 10pm to 3am.
On June 2nd we will be back with you for our usual broadcast times and programming.
Source: https://www.togethertv.com/blog/chan...roadcast-hours

Very strange.

newapollo 07-05-2020 19:44

4Music red button

4Music offers extra choice with a red button prompt giving access to Kerrang, Kiss and Magic TV - The 4Music red button service is currently disabled due to an imminent frequency change taking place on 13th May 2020.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/05/the-...ilable-on.html

Media Boy UK 10-05-2020 18:02

TV Channel List.com is reporting that Yaaas! will close from Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by newapollo (Post 36034242)
4Music offers extra choice with a red button prompt giving access to Kerrang, Kiss and Magic TV - The 4Music red button service is currently disabled due to an imminent frequency change taking place on 13th May 2020.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/05/the-...ilable-on.html

There will also be changes to 4Seven on Freeview on that date.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/05/temp...gether-tv.html