Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Beatles white album on cassette (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709926)

Dude111 28-03-2021 07:07

I just got the original apple logo paper label PART 1 of the white album on cassette!

IT IS ABSOLUTETLY INSANE!!!!!!

I would not want the 1976 capital re-issue (Or newer ones) as it probably sounds like crap (digital bin,etc)

They only wanted $1 for this!!!! -- Most tapes they charge $2 for but this one is a specialty so I told them what tape I got "A beatles tape" which I thought for sure they would want more than $2 for!!! -- They only wanted 1!

When I go back to that record store,Im giving them $5 for it as its insane... Its the first release (1970 I think) and it sounds insane!!! (No dolby,etc)

Now to find the 1st release of part 2!!!

Stephen 28-03-2021 15:45

Re: The Beatles white album on cassette

I bought the 50th anniversary record released a couple of years ago. The music has never sounded better. Digitally remastered and cleaned up.

Taf 28-03-2021 17:11

1 Attachment(s)
I was offered the 50th Anniversary commemoration T shirt for only $99!

Dude111 29-03-2021 07:25

I would say its probably one of thier BEST albums!!

Hugh 29-03-2021 14:36

I preferred their later stuff - Definitely Maybe & (What’s The Story) Morning Glory...

:D

Carth 29-03-2021 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36075679)
I preferred their later stuff - Definitely Maybe & (What’s The Story) Morning Glory...

:D

like it :rofl:

OLD BOY 04-04-2021 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36075637)
I would say its probably one of thier BEST albums!!

The stream is a bit disappointing. The blackbird singing in ‘Blackbird’, and the pigs grunting in ‘Piggies’ are out of sync, which is really annoying!

Dude111 09-04-2021 23:45

Im have to listen closely to those songs next time I listen to that cassette :)

OLD BOY 11-04-2021 20:00

You may need to compare it with the vinyl version if you’re not sure what I mean.

The aeroplane on ‘Back in the USSR’ doesn’t sound too good either compared to the original.

Dude111 15-04-2021 09:44

Yea I listen to the cassette in MONO and on Back in the USSR I hear aeroplane noises all thru it when usually I just hear the song (No noises) Is that how its supposed to be??? (Aeroplane sounds all thru song)

It doesnt sound bad but Im curious... (Maybe I didnt notice them before listening in Stereo I dunno - Alot of times listening to stuff to MONO you hear stuff you couldnt before)

Stephen 15-04-2021 11:10

By its very nature you would hear more listening in stereo. When The Beatles started recording in Atereo they really went for it. With different instruments moving between left and right as well as vocals that drift across the sound stage.

Dude111 16-04-2021 02:57

Hmmmmm thats interesting Stephen :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY
The blackbird singing in ‘Blackbird’, and the pigs grunting in ‘Piggies’ are out of sync, which is really annoying!

I just listenend to the cassette again..... Blackbird sounds good and Piggies they grunt @ the end and sound ok......... (This casette is the first anaogue release (Same as on the original record))

Stephen 16-04-2021 10:10

The 50th reissue was totally remastered from the original recordings and worked on by Giles Martin. The actual recording tapes and all the different takes were utilised with all the same equipment used at the time the record was made. They wanted it to sound the best it possibly could. Abbey Road had the same treatment.

OLD BOY 16-04-2021 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36077042)
Hmmmmm thats interesting Stephen :)

I just listenend to the cassette again..... Blackbird sounds good and Piggies they grunt @ the end and sound ok......... (This casette is the first anaogue release (Same as on the original record))

Yes, but compare that cassette with the stream. You will then see what I mean. I assume the sound of the aeroplane, the blackbird and the pigs were added separately, but they put them in the wrong place. It’s bloody sacrilege!

Stephen 16-04-2021 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36077065)
Yes, but compare that cassette with the stream. You will then see what I mean. I assume the sound of the aeroplane, the blackbird and the pigs were added separately, but they put them in the wrong place. It’s bloody sacrilege!

Are you talking about the version on Spotify?

If it's the same as the newly remastered 50th anniversary vinyl then the whole album was completely remastered and mixed using the original tapes and equipment. They used different takes of some parts of songs so it's likely intentional that the sounds are in different places than they originally were.