Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : What should the Tivo V4 levels be (powerlevels etc..)? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708365)

GazCBG 11-11-2019 15:51

What should the Tivo V4 levels be (powerlevels etc..)?

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the levels (powerlevels etc...) the Tivo v4 TV box should be at, as I would like to check ours.

As trying to get an idea of where the issue is with some pixelation we are getting.

I have got around to checking the menu on our Tivo V4 box yet, just need an idea of where things should be.

Thanks

RobboEdin 11-11-2019 16:12

Re: What should the Tivo V4 levels be (powerlevels etc..)?

If you have pixelation, phone Virgin Media and get them to come fix it.

OLD BOY 11-11-2019 16:44

I have been getting pixellation on certain channels but today I tightened all our cables with a spanner, and guess what? It seems to have done the trick.

The connections were only hand tight before but now they are nicely firm. Better than waiting in for the Virgin Media man all day!

GazCBG 11-11-2019 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36016849)
I have been getting pixellation on certain channels but today I tightened all our cables with a spanner, and guess what? It seems to have done the trick.

The connections were only hand tight before but now they are nicely firm. Better than waiting in for the Virgin Media man all day!

Thanks will give that a try when I can get in the frontroom to the box as my OAP parents seem to be always watch it.

I will also get the powerlevels etc... and post them up or on the VM forum.

I don't really like calling VM (on the best of days) but when it something as simple as tighting up the cable or checking some levels I can do that.

I can also remove/add an attenuator if one needed to balance out the levels.

If it something else, then we call VM.
VM Tech's are alreday busy enough as it is.

japitts 11-11-2019 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by GazCBG (Post 36016851)
If it something else, then we call VM.
VM Tech's are alreday busy enough as it is.

There's a certain irony in offering to start meddling with VM kit yourself, and then complaining about VM Tech's being busy.

I can't imagine why....

GazCBG 12-11-2019 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by japitts (Post 36016854)
There's a certain irony in offering to start meddling with VM kit yourself, and then complaining about VM Tech's being busy.

I can't imagine why....

I agree with you.

However, you think for me to make sure the wire is tigher or put on an attenuator that VM left is meddling.
I also don't see the problem of looking at a page on the TV to check the levels either.

If that your opinion the fine.

GazCBG 23-11-2019 13:29

Hi,

Have found out the problem I believe it is the box.
I reconnected our 2nd box (have 2 Tivo v4) and it is fine and no break ups.
Have also checked the cable is full done up.

So will give VM a call next week, to get this sorted

OLD BOY 23-11-2019 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GazCBG (Post 36018038)
Hi,

Have found out the problem I believe it is the box.
I reconnected our 2nd box (have 2 Tivo v4) and it is fine and no break ups.
Have also checked the cable is full done up.

So will give VM a call next week, to get this sorted

Brilliant that you seem to have identified the problem.

By the way, it is always worth first of all checking the cables and that they fit tightly. In fact, that is what the VM help videos tell you to check first.

GazCBG 23-11-2019 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36018066)
Brilliant that you seem to have identified the problem.

By the way, it is always worth first of all checking the cables and that they fit tightly. In fact, that is what the VM help videos tell you to check first.

That was the first thing I did was check the cables was tight both ends and they were.

OLD BOY 23-11-2019 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by GazCBG (Post 36018069)
That was the first thing I did was check the cables was tight both ends and they were.

I wish I had thought of that before letting my wife put up with months of intermittent pixellation which only she had to endure on the particular channels she was watching. I am now publicly holding my head in shame!

I would have called out the cable guy, but that would have meant me staying at home for the whole morning or afternoon, which is difficult.