Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Digisenders - Audio OK but no Picture (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33681774)

zigojacko 09-10-2011 12:26

Digisenders - Audio OK but no Picture

Hello,

I'm hoping someone is familiar with these digisenders to transmit your satellite channels downstairs to a TV in another room.

I've set it all up as per the instructions but can only get sound on the bedroom TV and no picture at all.

In the living room, the Sky box is connected to AV2 scart connection in TV (have tried AV1 and AV2) and the digisender transmitter is connected to the Sky box (Sky box only has one scart output).

In the bedroom, have tried plugging the digisender receiver into both scart outputs on the TV and tried every possible combination of AV channels and presets on the TV but just can't seem to get a picture at all. Have wasted the best part of 4 hours trying to sort this out and it's really frustrating :(

I can hear the Sky channels fine from bedroom TV and can even use the remote to change the channels and control the Sky box in any other way from bedroom but these digisenders are rendered completely useless if I can't get a picture at all.

Could they be faulty at all? I would have thought that isn't the issue if there is audio okay? I don't know.

So much for them being "plug 'n' go" like they advertise :/ It's the DX2000 Mk II Digisenders - Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Sky box is set to PAL, the living room TV has hardly any settings but the AV preset is set to Video (the only other option is S Video).

Thanks in advance :)

spiderplant 09-10-2011 12:54

Re: Digisenders - Audio OK but no Picture

Temporarily plug a TV (ideally the bedroom one, if you can move it) directly into the SCART socket on the Sky box, and see whether you get a picture. This will tell you whether the problem is with the Digisender or elsewhere.

If it is the Digisender at fault, send it back. If not, it's either the Sky box, the TV or the cable. You might be able to fault-find further by connecting the living room TV to the Sky box using SCART.

zigojacko 09-10-2011 15:39

Thanks for your reply spiderplant.

Sky has worked (connected directly via scart) on the bedroom TV previously but that is something I will try though.

The living room TV is already connected to the Sky box using scart as well.

Many thanks

Kymmy 09-10-2011 16:39

Some digisenders do composite only and others do RGB only.. Can you set the sky box to try both independantly?

Graytoon 06-08-2013 16:06

its is you Scart cable check to see if the pins are ok , better still buy a new one