Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15165)

Nemesis 21-07-2004 10:49

2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

NEW INFORMATION

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=272419&postcount=35

Another exclusive brought to you from the CF Team, as mentioned here.

Season Details
  • The PremPlus season starts on 14th August 2004.
  • The first 2 games are on Saturday August 14th
  • Spurs v Liverpool (12.45)
  • Middlesbrough v Newcastle (17.15)
  • The name has changed from Premiership Plus to PremPlus.
  • There will be 50 PremPlus matches throughout the season. The live matches are exclusive to PremPlus customers.
  • PremPlus is ONLY available to Digital TV customers.
Offer
  • Pre Season Ticket Offer: £50 †“ thatââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s 50 games for just £1 each!
  • The offer ends on the 31st August †“ so make sure customers sign up early so they donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t miss out watching 50 exclusive, live PremPlus games for just £1 per game!
  • Customers must sign up by 14th August to ensure they donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t miss a second of the action of the new 2004-2005 season.
Offer Details
  • ntl cannot offer a Season Ticket as a one off payment.
  • Therefore customers will actually pay £5 per month from August 2004 - May 2005.
  • Customers must be advised that by signing up to the PremPlus offer they are agreeing to pay for the entire season. If they disconnect the service before the season is over they will still be liable for the remaining cost.
  • Sky customers will have the same offer. However, they will have to pay for their season ticket in one up-front payment. They do not offer their customers the chance to split the cost across the season. If they disconnect their service they will not get a refund.
  • The associate offer is the same as the customer offer †“ 50 exclusive, live PremPlus matches for just £50.
  • PremPlus is not discountable at all.
Early cancellation of the £50 Season Ticket
  • If a customer calls in to cancel the service, they should be advised that this is not possible as the service is a Season Ticket and the charge cannot be removed.
  • The legal terms and conditions are as follows:
Quote:

PremPlus is only available to Digital TV customers. £50 †œpre season ticketÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â subscription will be billed in 10 equal monthly instalments from August 2004 and will continue to be charged even if you cancel your PremPlus season ticket or do not watch a particular PremPlus match
Quote:

• This is the same for a voluntary disconnection †“ the charge should be continued to be raised until the end of the season.
  • If a customer moves to a non-provisionable address, the customer should be advised that the balance of the Season Ticket will have to be paid and a one-off manual adjustment made as follows:
Quote:

o If last £5.00 is raised in August, the adjustment is £45
o If last £5.00 is raised in September, the adjustment is £40
o If last £5.00 is raised in October, the adjustment is £35
o If last £5.00 is raised in November, the adjustment is £30
o If last £5.00 is raised in December, the adjustment is £25
o If last £5.00 is raised in January, the adjustment is £20
o If last £5.00 is raised in February, the adjustment is £15
o If last £5.00 is raised in March, the adjustment is £10
o If last £5.00 is raised in April, the adjustment is £5
Pay-per-view Details
  • PremPlus matches can also be purchased individually for £6 each.
Billing Codes
  • These will be live from 15th July and will be zero-rated until 1st August.
  • ICMS: Tariff code: M2F36 - DG PREMIERSHIP PLUS
Q&As

Q: I only paid £1 per month last season, why does it now cost £5 per month?

A: Sky now owns PremPlus and we must charge our customers the same price that Sky charges their customers. However, the £50 pre season ticket offer was only available to Sky customers until 30th June. ntl customers have this offer extended until 31st August.
(Telewest may have this offer as well)

Q: Why are you offering a season ticket but splitting the payment?

A: Our billing systems cannot set up a one off payment for a season ticket, but rest assured you will only pay £50 in total for the season which is the same as Sky.

Q: Will I get the same season ticket offer of £50 in September?

A: No, this offer is only valid until 31st August. There will be a different season ticket offer from September but it will not be at the same great low cost of just £50 for the whole season.

Q: If I subscribe half way through the season will I get a half price season ticket?

A: We do not have the season ticket prices beyond 31st August. The best offer available really is the £50 pre season ticket †“ it is great value at just £1 per game for the entire season!

Q: This offer is too expensive, why shouldnââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t I just disconnect my service and go to Sky?

A: Iâ₠™m sorry you feel that way but let me reassure you that this is the same offer that was available to Sky customers. Sky customers were only given until 30th June to subscribe to this offer but ntl customers have the offer until 31st August. You will not get a cheaper PremPlus deal anywhere else. It is a great value deal †“ just £50 for 50 exclusive, live PremPlus games throughout the entire season.

Q: If I sign after 14th August will I get a discount because I have missed the first match?

A: Unfortunately not. The £50 offer is valid until 31st August, there is no discount available. So donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t miss out on 1 second of the action †“ sign up to today!

Q: Is there a cheaper way to watch the matches other than paying £50?

A: You can purchase the matches individually for £6 each but this could be expensive if you want to watch all of the matches. The £50 pre season ticket offer is just £1 per game or £5 per month.

Jonathan David 21-07-2004 12:05

Re: 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Will customers who have previously signed up for the old package, be automatically signed up for this?

bob_builder 21-07-2004 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis
  • There will be 50 PremPlus matches throughout the season. The live matches are exclusive to PremPlus customers.
  • PremPlus matches can also be purchased individually for £6 each.

I assume that live matches can be watched by those who purchase a season ticket and those who pay individually. As such, either is a "PremPlus customer".

Nemesis 21-07-2004 12:56

The individual may not get the "live" matches by the sounds of it ?

bob_builder 21-07-2004 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis
The individual may not get the "live" matches by the sounds of it ?

I thought that might be the case; but who would pay £6 to watch a match that they already know the result of?

phil121 21-07-2004 14:52

This might seem stupid, but can someone please tell me how I sign up for PremPlus. Is there somewhere online or do I have to phone.
I would check out channel 900 but the bottom of the screen cant be seen (thats where the phone number is)....
If anyone can help, Thankyou....

Nemesis 21-07-2004 14:55

Try calling them, although the Premplus package hasn't been officially launched yet ...

[EDIT] Oh yes it has ... oops

quadplay 21-07-2004 14:58

The phone number for this offer is 0800 052 0968, as advertised on the PremPlus channel (Langley 900)

EDIT: Although, I just called this number, and it routes into the national IVR at the moment...

Mal 21-07-2004 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan David
Will customers who have previously signed up for the old package, be automatically signed up for this?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Please note I'm at work at the moment, so I haven't seen what the PremPlus channel is saying at the moment ;)

Nemesis 21-07-2004 15:08

I don't believe you will be automatically signed up ..

Marge 21-07-2004 15:16

No, you have to resign up. Something to do with the billing codes on the system which was set at £1 previously can't be reactivated I think

Graham F 21-07-2004 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debsy42
No, you have to resign up. Something to do with the billing codes on the system which was set at £1 previously can't be reactivated I think

and the fact that the price has increased by £4 a month might have something to do with it ;)

Nem the people that purchase the games as a one off for £6 will see the match live the only difference being is that they will pay £6 and will have to order it throught the remote. Where as the 'Season ticket' peop,le will not have to order anything as each game will be shown automatically :)

bob_builder 22-07-2004 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby
Nem the people that purchase the games as a one off for £6 will see the match live the only difference being is that they will pay £6 and will have to order it throught the remote. Where as the 'Season ticket' peop,le will not have to order anything as each game will be shown automatically :)

Thanks Scooby, that makes a lot more sense!

alanr 22-07-2004 09:17

Why is it only available to Digital users? It was there for us analogue people last season.

mattfrn 22-07-2004 09:34

sorry mis read question , no idea maybe it was to free up space or to temp people over to digital