Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Cryptic post regarding Sky from "James" ;-) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33692065)

Bogof 16-02-2013 16:04

Cryptic post regarding Sky from "James" ;-)

I just noticed whilst randomly browsing the interwebs this post from a. Trusted Sky insider

Quote:

Ok so what's all this Entertainment extra+ about then ?
Good afternoon to you all.

Want to save some money each month to spend on the wife ?

Want it to include Sport &/or movies ?

Want it to include 3D ?

Oh go on then.

When will all this happen you ask.

March - April - May ?

I couldn't possibly say , I'd be a fool if I did.

Speak soon.

Kind regards as always

James
I wonder what it could be.......

Chad 16-02-2013 16:17

Re: Cryptic post regarding Sky from "James" ;-)

Sounds like a new package from SKY.

SKY Movies, SKY Sports, SKY 3D plus the likes of SKY Atlantic HD, SKY One HD etc.... This will be on top of the usual free channels that you can get via SKY such as ITV 2, E4, Yesterday etc...

None of the usual entertainment channels will be included. So no access to The Discovery Channel or National Geographic. Essentially Freesat meets all SKY branded channels.

Could be a winner

Hugh 16-02-2013 16:19

Thought we hadn't heard much from James Murdoch lately....;)

On a more serious note, sounds interesting.

And here's a link to the quote - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...php?p=64286399

muppetman11 16-02-2013 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35537391)
Sounds like a new package from SKY.

SKY Movies, SKY Sports, SKY 3D plus the likes of SKY Atlantic HD, SKY One HD etc.... This will be on top of the usual free channels that you can get via SKY such as ITV 2, E4, Yesterday etc...

None of the usual entertainment channels will be included. So no access to The Discovery Channel or National Geographic. Essentially Freesat meets all SKY branded channels.

Could be a winner

Entertainment Extra includes all the base channels such as Nat Geo , Discovery etc.

I'm only guessing here however this sounds something similar to free HD and 3D in line with your package so long as you take Entertainment Extra with at least movies or sports or am I missing something. :confused:

Bogof 16-02-2013 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35537399)
Entertainment Extra includes all the base channels such as Nat Geo , Discovery etc.

I'm only guessing here however this sounds something similar to free HD and 3D in line with your package so long as you take Entertainment Extra with at least movies or sports or am I missing something. :confused:

Yeah I think you're probably thinking along the right lines.

LSainsbury 17-02-2013 09:27

Quote:

I couldn't possibly say , I'd be a fool if I did.
April 1st it is then...

nstokes 17-02-2013 10:02

I think its an April fools joke just early. I wouldnt ready anything into it until its made offical from Sky

tizmeinnit 17-02-2013 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35537399)

the only way I would go back to sky as my main provider of TV would be if they ditched the HD charge full stop

muppetman11 17-02-2013 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35537669)
the only way I would go back to sky as my main provider of TV would be if they ditched the HD charge full stop

That's a very fair point , VM represents excellent value for non premium subscribers with its free HD offering and ESPN included in XL.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35537646)
I think its an April fools joke just early. I wouldnt ready anything into it until its made offical from Sky

Trust me its no Joke , look at Hugh's link , James Payne is a reputable poster who's info is always bang on the money , we just don't know what the changes will be.

denphone 17-02-2013 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35537671)
That's a very fair point , VM represents excellent value for non premium subscribers with its free HD offering and ESPN included in XL.

As usual a fair and balanced post MM but the question for many Virgin customers is what will happen when ESPN disappear from the XL pack as they can either bring in BT Sports offering it like for like or if they don't do that then they are going to have to strengthen their XL pack quite a bit more as the ESPN offering is reason why quite a few customers subscribe to the XL pack.

muppetman11 18-02-2013 11:43

Speculation coming out that non Sports and Movies subscribers could see a drop in the HD charge , see Hugh's link above.

Chad 18-02-2013 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35538012)
Speculation coming out that non Sports and Movies subscribers could see a drop in the HD charge , see Hugh's link above.

Very interesting.

"It looks like Sky are finally breaking the HD Pack into two smaller packs. £5 will allow you to see the Entertainment & Entertainment Extra HD channels, provided that you subscribe to them. An extra £5.25 will allow you to see the Sky Sports and/or Sky Movie HD channels. Again you will need to subscribe to the relevant channels too.

In addition there are changes to who can or cannot view the F1 Channel. If you already subscribe to the HD Pack, then you will be unaffected. Any new customers will need to subscribe to the Sky Sports Pack.

On top of all this a new pack will be launched. Extra+ will allow people who do not subscribe to the Sky World Pack for the first tome to view the Sky 3D channel. This will also include a subscription to the relevant HD channels. There is also some talk that the Extra+ Pack will give you access to some other"

nstokes 18-02-2013 13:57

I hope it helps us existing customers as well as new customers. My contract is coming to an end and i have spoke to Sky about a new deal and hoping the new deal is better than when this new package will launch

djstevie 18-02-2013 17:06

Since we launched HD in 2006, viewing in high-definition has been a huge hit with Sky customers.
Today, more than 4.5 million of our customers take HD from Sky. This number continues to grow strongly, with around half a million customers taking HD in the last year alone.
Despite this strong growth, we know that some customers who just take an entertainment TV pack from Sky feel that that they wouldn’t get full value from the existing £10.25 HD pack, which also includes access to HD versions of sports and movies channels. To help them benefit from HD picture and sound quality, we’re making HD more accessible with a new TV pack tailored around their needs.
Available alongside our existing TV packs Entertainment and Entertainment Extra, the brand new pack - called Entertainment Extra+ - will offer customers access to more than 45 HD channels. The pack offers a number of popular entertainment channels including ITV2, MTV, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts, Discovery and Fox, all in HD.
As well as the 45 HD channels, the pack will also offer customers access to a wide range of TV box sets on demand, both on the Sky+HD box and through the award-winning Sky Go. Box sets that customers will be able to enjoy at home and on the move include Game of Thrones, An Idiot Abroad and Trollied. On top of this, Sky customers with the new pack and a 3D TV will even be able to sample entertainment shows on Sky 3D, including the documentaries Galapagos with David Attenborough and Inside the Mind of Leonardo, featuring the actor Peter Capaldi.
Available from £31.50 a month, the new pack will be available to Sky customers from April.
- See more at: http://corporate.sky.com/skyviews/sk....41lMQK9Q.dpuf

Chad 18-02-2013 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by djstevie (Post 35538247)
Since we launched HD in 2006, viewing in high-definition has been a huge hit with Sky customers.
Today, more than 4.5 million of our customers take HD from Sky. This number continues to grow strongly, with around half a million customers taking HD in the last year alone.
Despite this strong growth, we know that some customers who just take an entertainment TV pack from Sky feel that that they wouldn’t get full value from the existing £10.25 HD pack, which also includes access to HD versions of sports and movies channels. To help them benefit from HD picture and sound quality, we’re making HD more accessible with a new TV pack tailored around their needs.
Available alongside our existing TV packs Entertainment and Entertainment Extra, the brand new pack - called Entertainment Extra+ - will offer customers access to more than 45 HD channels. The pack offers a number of popular entertainment channels including ITV2, MTV, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts, Discovery and Fox, all in HD.
As well as the 45 HD channels, the pack will also offer customers access to a wide range of TV box sets on demand, both on the Sky+HD box and through the award-winning Sky Go. Box sets that customers will be able to enjoy at home and on the move include Game of Thrones, An Idiot Abroad and Trollied. On top of this, Sky customers with the new pack and a 3D TV will even be able to sample entertainment shows on Sky 3D, including the documentaries Galapagos with David Attenborough and Inside the Mind of Leonardo, featuring the actor Peter Capaldi.
Available from £31.50 a month, the new pack will be available to Sky customers from April.
- See more at: http://corporate.sky.com/skyviews/sk....41lMQK9Q.dpuf

Thanks for sharing.