Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   What was your favourite film of 2021? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710712)

General Maximus 02-01-2022 20:54

What was your favourite film of 2021?

I thought the year started a bit weak as it felt like all the studios were holding back the big releases until things settled and they knew people would go out to the cinema. I definitely thought the better films came towards the end of the year.

Although last year wasn't the best year for the quantity of good movies being released, there were still from great films and I was really torn between a few. Free Guy was definitely my favourite up and till Shang Chi came out and it made me think twice. Then Dune came along and I really really loved that as a pure quality scifi film and the only thing which has stopped me from making it my No. 1 is that as fantastic as it was, it is an incomplete story as it currently stands. I still love it though.

For me, my No. 1 film for last year is Free Guy. What is yours?

SnoopZ 02-01-2022 23:06

Re: What was your favourite film of 2021?

I have some catching up to do as I've only seen Godzilla, Free Guy and Black Window due to spending my TV time binging on TV shows, so until then all I can say is Godzilla was crap and won't make the top of the list but I've enjoyed the others.

Damien 02-01-2022 23:08

Probably Last Night in Soho or Spiderman. Dune was good but didn't really leave an imprint on me, sort of forgot about it, to be honest. Nomandland was this year as well, crazy how quickly the year has gone. So all those four films are up there. It's made more difficult by how few films I've seen this year in comparison to other years.

It does seem like a weak year overall. Nothing wowed me and made me think it'll win all the awards.

Paul 02-01-2022 23:21

I think only being able to vote for one is a little restrictive.

I cant really say just one as Ive enjoyed several, and would likely pick a different one if asked again next week.

I finally got around to watching 'The Suicide Squad' yesterday, and really enjoyed that.

(and Kingsman only came out after christmas, not even had chance to see that yet).

General Maximus 02-01-2022 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36107817)
Godzilla was crap and won't make the top of the list

That is what wound me up. I thought it was grade 1 crap as well but it did very well at the box office and did something like $450m and came out around No.5 or No. 6 last year. All the info is in the box office stats thread. I would like to think that it got an artificial boost in ticket sales as it was one of the first major releases when the cinemas reopened earlier in the year. Seems like eons ago now.

Paul 02-01-2022 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36107827)
I thought it was grade 1 crap as well but it did very well at the box office.

Because unlike you, lots of people thought it was good, and enjoyed it. :D

Carth 02-01-2022 23:38

The only two in that list that I've seen are 'Nobody' and 'The Hitmans Wifes Bodyguard' . . . . both bang average fare IMO.

No real interest in many of the others either :dozey:

adzii_nufc 03-01-2022 19:14

Only stuff I've actually watched of course.

Favourite - Ghostbusters

Close second, Shang-Chi followed by Spiderman.

General Maximus 26-01-2022 17:10