Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What deals did you get on Amazon Prime Day? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707884)

SnoopZ 18-07-2019 00:46

What deals did you get on Amazon Prime Day?

Amazon is very popular for online shopping so did you get any awesome deals?

I bought 2 Amazon Firesticks 4K at 50% off and they are the best streaming devices I have so far used after side loading what i need.

Chris 18-07-2019 00:51

Re: What deals did you get on Amazon Prime Day?

Nothing this time, though we buy something through Amazon most weeks ... under-bed storage crates were today’s essential yet mundane purchase. In fact I’m mildly annoyed by Prime Day because they’re blaming it for not guaranteeing delivery until Friday. I could really do with them tomorrow so I can get a job done.

SnoopZ 18-07-2019 01:00

I get my under bed storage boxes from Tesco.

denphone 18-07-2019 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36003118)
Amazon is very popular for online shopping so did you get any awesome deals?

I bought 2 Amazon Firesticks 4K at 50% off and they are the best streaming devices I have so far used after side loading what i need.

My cousin did buy one of the Amazon Firesticks 4K sticks SnoopZ while l picked up a superb older series called Cosmos for £4.99 and couple of other video downloads for £3.

GrimUpNorth 18-07-2019 07:02

Renewed our annual prime membership for £59 instead of the usual £79

Damien 18-07-2019 07:29

Not much. I think Prime Day is overhyped. Generally I have a rule that irrespective of discount I won't get anything that I would get anyway and that tends to end up with me not buying anything.

I have too much crap lying around already anyway.

Mr K 18-07-2019 10:14

None, Prime, is a rip off. Never paid for postage from Amazon, and it still comes within a day or 2. I know it has extra gimmicks but nothing worth my while. Had it for free over Xmas, which was a slight bonus, then cancelled then they extended for a month and i still cancelled. Also blagged Audible free for 3 months aswell, which they also extended when i tried to cancel. Its the only way to play these schemes. A continuous monthly payment, which they hope you'll forget, is everything to them.

SnoopZ 18-07-2019 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36003167)
None, Prime, is a rip off. Never paid for postage from Amazon, and it still comes within a day or 2. I know it has extra gimmicks but nothing worth my while. A continuous monthly payment which you'll forget is everything to these schemes.

I wouldn't call it a rip off, when you get Prime TV, unlimited photo upload, some streaming music and deals like Prime Day, but if you wouldn't benefit from any of that then no point paying for it.

What i've saved getting these 4K sticks nearly pays for a years subscription.

denphone 18-07-2019 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36003168)
I wouldn't call it a rip off, when you get Prime TV, unlimited photo upload, some streaming music and deals like Prime Day, but if you wouldn't benefit from any of that then no point paying for it.

What i've saved getting these 4K sticks nearly pays for a years subscription.

Typical of Mr K in seeing the negative of Prime.;)

Mr K 18-07-2019 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36003175)
Typical of Mr K in seeing the negative of Prime.;)

What, paying for it ? :D

denphone 18-07-2019 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36003178)
What, paying for it ? :D

£79 a year is very good value especially when one has a fair sized household.

jonbxx 18-07-2019 10:53

Having same day delivery with Prime is a life saver when your kids mention that they need a costume for school the next day...

This year, I bought a new set of Tefal non-stick pans for £80. They're now £160 so happy with that (well as a happy as you can be when you realised your 'treat' was a set of saucepans)

Carth 18-07-2019 10:56

Online Shopping . . . . Destroying a High Street near you :D :D

Hugh 18-07-2019 11:04

I do both - support local butchers and tradespeople, and also shop online for the things they can't offer me (bought Google Mesh Wifi 3 pack on Prime Day).

SnoopZ 18-07-2019 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36003182)
Online Shopping . . . . Destroying a High Street near you :D :D

Yes and can't see it changing any time soon, i prefer to shop online for most items.