Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

Sasha222 23-05-2010 20:53

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiroki (Post 35026826)
I'm happy that one of my brothers I haven't spoken to in like 6+ years is actually speaking to me now :D

He even came and said "hello" to his nephew for the first time today :)

Im so happy for you and may it last forever ;)

Tinky 24-05-2010 08:20

This tickled me. I was in conversation with a young barman at our local Club. He was saying that when they have Bands performing, their followers often just buy bottles of wine to drink at the table, which is cheaper than buying by the glass. I asked if he charged corkage, and he said no because the bottles were all screw tops........doh! :D:D

We are off for a four day break, Weston Super Mare is looking favourite. We haven't booked so we shall see what fate has in store for us.:):)

joglynne 24-05-2010 08:51

Oh Corkage. Thanks for reminding me of happy times. I remember it well, years ago one of our favourite restaurants didn't have a liqueur licence and it used to charge Corkage. The Owner would put on a show no matter how modest the bottle he was given. Our cheap bottle of Spanish Sweet White Plonk would get the same reverential treatment as the finest French Vintage Champagne. :D

Have a lovely break Tinky, I hope the good weather holds out for you.

Tinky 24-05-2010 08:53

Ta Jo! We're off now! Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)

Maggy 24-05-2010 08:59

Up early this morning after a long,long day yesterday..which started with a eat as much as you can breakfast, took in a trip to drop off Frank at the Newbury Rail station,two traffic jams due to traffic accidents and finished with me waving Graham M back off to Poole from my front door around 6 ish..how we didn't melt into a puddle on the trip I've no idea..

Graham M did a terrific job up to and back from Blackpool and is going to be an ace taxi driver.He already has a good middle finger gesture action going...:nworthy:

I was really nice to meet Frank the Whizkid.He's a really nice guy..As are all the CF team..Whose entire look of hapless terror when approached by two young girls on a hen night seeking 10 out 10 kisses for a bet will stay with me for a very long time.Not that they didn't rise manfully to the occasion.;)

Well not Chris because we had lost him by that point and Russ because he was actually phoning his lovely lady at the time.:D

As for the rest well what happens in Blackpool stays in Blackpool ;)

dilli-theclaw 24-05-2010 09:00

I'm not sure I will ever recover - but I do plan to go back :)

Maggy 24-05-2010 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas T (Post 35027100)
I'm not sure I will ever recover - but I do plan to go back :)

I'm just pleased I'm not actually working..I need to recover and catch up with my sleep.:zzz:

dilli-theclaw 24-05-2010 13:51

1 Attachment(s)
My day is actually going very badly.

BUT - I just made a cuppa in my nice shiny new Blackpool mug and I feel quite fluffy now (Good memories and all that)

Maggy 24-05-2010 14:34

I also wanted to say that having met Thomas T (Dilli) my respect for him has grown tenfold in regards the way he deals with his sight issues and his very healthy attitude in dealing with it..:D

I'd also like to say that having insisted someone isn't able to work because of a disability then it's not particularly helpful of government/social services to not help provide you with the wherewithal to AFFORD those items that make you at least an active and as independent member of society as you can be by insisting you purchase items at cost when the benefit only covers your day to day living.:(

dilli-theclaw 24-05-2010 18:47

Um - cheers :) :blush:

What can I say? - I just plod on. There are people much worse of than I am.

Hugh 24-05-2010 20:28

Just got back from a long day in London - it's good to be home.

papa smurf 24-05-2010 20:40

got my new crown fitted today
so good news is i dont look like shane macgowan any more :D

Hom3r 24-05-2010 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35027476)

So by that does it mean you drink like a fish like him :D

papa smurf 24-05-2010 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35027488)
So by that does it mean you drink like a fish like him :D

he's a gifted amateur ,but not in my league :D

Peter_ 24-05-2010 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35027476)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2010/05/98.jpg

Hom3r 24-05-2010 22:29

My sister told me this today.

Her son wanted to give a card to a girl, asking her to be his girlfriend, my sister said to him 'What if she doesn't want to be you girlfriend'. He said 'I'll be heartbroken'.

Mind you he is only 6.

Sasha222 24-05-2010 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35027546)
My sister told me this today.

Her son wanted to give a card to a girl, asking her to be his girlfriend, my sister said to him 'What if she doesn't want to be you girlfriend'. He said 'I'll be heartbroken'.

Mind you he is only 6.

Ah thats so sweet of him and starting young :D Hope for his sake that she takes the card of him :D

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35027530)

Wow he really is looking bad and it's a shame as he is a good artist :erm:

Hugh 25-05-2010 17:47

Petrol price at my local Esso garage has dropped from 118.9p (where it has been for about a month) to 116.9p a litre - every little helps.

Maggy 25-05-2010 20:03

Working tomorrow

Graham M 25-05-2010 22:15

Had a couple of enquiries about my car today, but just in case there's a garage 'round the corner that has offered me a fallback in case it doesn't sell in time (they want to use it as a courtesy car) :)

Maggy 26-05-2010 07:20

Off to an Academy school..but all is not glitter unfortunately.:erm:

Be good.:)

LondonRoad 27-05-2010 00:32

Just booked some flights to Florida for next March for myself, my good lady and my 2 girls. :D Nothing else booked yet - just seats on planes.

I've now got Nina Simeone's song going through my head

Got no transfers
Got no rooms
Got no car hire
Got no sat nav
Got no theme tickets
Got no dosh
BUT I've Got FLIGHTS :D

Some might say the next verse should start with Got no wisdom.. but I couldn't possibly comment:dunce:

speedfreak 27-05-2010 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35027981)
Working tomorrow

\you have an odd view of a happy thought thread :)

Sasha222 27-05-2010 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35028901)
Just booked some flights to Florida for next March for myself, my good lady and my 2 girls. :D Nothing else booked yet - just seats on planes.

Got no transfers
Got no rooms
Got no car hire
Got no sat nav
Got no theme tickets
Got no dosh

Some might say the next verse should start with Got no wisdom.. but I couldn't possibly comment:dunce:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2010/05/67.jpg

Caff 27-05-2010 01:23

Remarkable and truly heart-warming :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10166217.stm

Well done that man!!!

Fingy 27-05-2010 07:27

Quote:

Got no transfers
Got no rooms
Got no car hire
Got no sat nav
Got no theme tickets
Got no dosh

Mega Jealous!

Maggy 27-05-2010 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak (Post 35028907)
\you have an odd view of a happy thought thread :)

I'm a supply teacher..so getting a day at work is something to be positive about especially at this time of year when work tends to tail off in secondary education due to exams and certain students being on study leave or finishing because they have completed their GCSE exams.

:)

Hugh 27-05-2010 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35028921)
Remarkable and truly heart-warming :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10166217.stm

Well done that man!!!

Excellent catch - the boy is very lucky.

tbf, I am surprised that it has not been reported in the Mail as "Killjoy Muslim stops happy toddler's fun". :D

dilli-theclaw 27-05-2010 10:14

1 Attachment(s)
I finally found a lanyard for my pocket cctv. Only £2. Now all I need to do is glue the 'breakpoint' so that it doesn't undo at a tug.

I would have preferred a longer one but I can't seem to find one.

Osem 27-05-2010 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35028990)

Terrific quick thinking that man!! :clap:

Everyone but the shopkeeper seemed to be oblivious to the danger the young lad faced. :confused:

Sasha222 27-05-2010 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35028990)

tbf, I am surprised that it has not been reported in the Mail as "Killjoy Muslim stops happy toddler's fun". :D

Im surprised also that the boys Dad allowed a four year old to play like that on the esacaleter and was not keeping a better eye on him. Im Just glad it turned out good in the end and the man was there to catch him otherwise it could have been a different story that was being told

punky 27-05-2010 11:24

Quote:

Got no transfers
Got no rooms
Got no car hire
Got no sat nav
Got no theme tickets
Got no dosh

Don't worry. Even during peak periods finding accomodation isn't a problem, likewise with the cars. The only real bottle neck is the availability of flights.

You're on your own about the money though :p

Derek 27-05-2010 12:02

:woot:

Got my confirmed entry through for next years London marathon. Now all I need to do is hope I don't get injured before it this time.

Hugh 27-05-2010 15:09

Well done!

Are you going for sub 3 hours? ;)

joglynne 27-05-2010 16:01

Got my car back. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/05/29.gif

Maggy 27-05-2010 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek S (Post 35029068)
:woot:

Got my confirmed entry through for next years London marathon. Now all I need to do is hope I don't get injured before it this time.

Then stay out of neddy's way...;)

Hugh 27-05-2010 18:01

Just finished work, and about to enjoy a long Bank Holiday week-end.

until Monday 5th of June. :D

Sasha222 27-05-2010 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35029164)

This is all cheering for you Joglnne

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2010/05/47.gif

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35029210)

Have a lovely time https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2010/05/48.gif

zing_deleted 27-05-2010 18:07

Quote:

Mondays the 7th lol

Maggy 27-05-2010 18:32

Quote:

Snap!So you have half term off then..

Hugh 27-05-2010 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by zing (Post 35029215)
Mondays the 7th lol

Thanks, zing - another two days..... :D

- edited op for correction.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35029235)
Snap!So you have half term off then..

Yup, but just to use my holiday up - my kids (kids, hah!) are 18 (on study leave for A levels) and 23 (half-term off, as she is working as a LSA before going on her PGCE in September).

Lazyyyyyyyy week ahead.:)

papa smurf 27-05-2010 19:15

going to my boat tomorrow ,4 nights on the broads then back home Tuesday /work on Wednesday
chillaxing with my son who has just finished this years exams :beer:

Sasha222 27-05-2010 19:33

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Is this where your going

Hugh 28-05-2010 12:25

Just finished (and submitted) a 6,000 word essay (with appendices and Harvard Referencing), as the final part of the Strategic Leadership course I have been on - thank heavens that's done, and before the submission date.

Sasha222 28-05-2010 12:31

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...miley_1230.gif

Mr_love_monkey 28-05-2010 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35029733)
Just finished (and submitted) a 6,000 word essay (with appendices and Harvard Referencing), as the final part of the Strategic Leadership course I have been on - thank heavens that's done, and before the submission date.

Surely, if you'd learned something from the course, you would have been able to get someone else to write it for you :)

Nice work though :)

punky 28-05-2010 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35029756)
Surely, if you'd learned something from the course, you would have been able to get someone else to write it for you :)

:rofl:

Hiroki 28-05-2010 14:08

I managed to get my girlfriend 4 Paramore tickets for her and her mates for freeee :D

She's going to be really happy when I spring these on her the next time she is ranting/moaning at me

superbiatch 28-05-2010 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiroki (Post 35029773)
She's going to be really happy when I spring these on her the next time she is ranting/moaning at me

Very well thought out, i'm assuming you have something planned which she will have to forgive you for when you share this with her? ;)

I am very happy indeed that i eventually got my new car today and arrived home after a 4 hour trek back up the M6 in it. Its a 1.6 tdci Fiesta, 57 reg in colorado reg with 18k on the clock. I can't believe how efficient it is (compared to my 1.25 petrol), yet still fast and only £30 a year for tax - happy days :D

Sasha222 28-05-2010 23:26

I am very happy indeed that i eventually got my new car today and arrived home after a 4 hour trek back up the M6 in it. Its a 1.6 tdci Fiesta, 57 reg in colorado reg with 18k on the clock. I can't believe how efficient it is (compared to my 1.25 petrol), yet still fast and only £30 a year for tax - happy days :D[/QUOTE]

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2010/05/15.gif Was this you earlier :D

gazfan 28-05-2010 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbiatch (Post 35030141)
Very well thought out, i'm assuming you have something planned which she will have to forgive you for when you share this with her? ;)

I am very happy indeed that i eventually got my new car today and arrived home after a 4 hour trek back up the M6 in it. Its a 1.6 tdci Fiesta, 57 reg in colorado reg with 18k on the clock. I can't believe how efficient it is (compared to my 1.25 petrol), yet still fast and only £30 a year for tax - happy days :D

My 'work' car is a Ford Focus 2.0 tdci - average mpg currently 51.7 - and it is fast when I need it to be - the torque available between 2 & 3 thousand rpm in each gear is especially impressive - with your lighter body (fnar) I'd imagine the 1.6 would be similar ?

speedfreak 28-05-2010 23:47

Not really a happy thought but it made me laugh. I was viewing a site titled "African Cichlids for sale" (they are fish). My girlfriend walked past me and had a sly nosey and shouted "why the hell are you looking at African children for sale". maybe its one of those you had to be there moments but Im crying with laughter here :D

superbiatch 28-05-2010 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazfan (Post 35030166)
My 'work' car is a Ford Focus 2.0 tdci - average mpg currently 51.7 - and it is fast when I need it to be - the torque available between 2 & 3 thousand rpm in each gear is especially impressive - with your lighter body (fnar) I'd imagine the 1.6 would be similar ?

I think i was getting 55.1 mpg today when i managed to put my foot down for any period of time. I'm amazed how quiet it is on the motorway being diesel, much quieter than my previous petrol. And it feels so much more stable.

Even just putting in the same amount of £ as the petrol car buys me an extra 150 miles according to the trip computer :)

Sasha222 28-05-2010 23:59

Im so so happy for you. Well done and happy and safe driving :D

gazfan 29-05-2010 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbiatch (Post 35030174)
I think i was getting 55.1 mpg today when i managed to put my foot down for any period of time. I'm amazed how quiet it is on the motorway being diesel, much quieter than my previous petrol. And it feels so much more stable.

Even just putting in the same amount of £ as the petrol car buys me an extra 150 miles according to the trip computer :)

We have a (petrol) Honda Jazz 1.4 that matches my Focus for economy, but doesn't touch it on performance, even with the v-tech gubbins.

I've not driven a Fiesta, only a Puma, which is the same chassis, afaik - the steering was brilliant, really 'pointy' at low speed while retaining the feel at higher speeds for sweeping round corners & 'balancing' with the throttle...

Hugh 29-05-2010 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35029756)

If I got someone else to do it, I would not have gained any knowledge or insight. ;)

imho, management is about appropriate direction, delegation, and oversight (without abrogation of responsibility), leadership is about knowing where you want to go, and taking others along with you - if I had got someone else to write it, I would have been not taking responsibility for my own learning. :)

Mr_love_monkey 29-05-2010 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35030367)
If I got someone else to do it, I would not have gained any knowledge or insight. ;)

imho, management is about appropriate direction, delegation, and oversight (without abrogation of responsibility), leadership is about knowing where you want to go, and taking others along with you - if I had got someone else to write it, I would have been not taking responsibility for my own learning. :)

I thought it was about sitting around with your feet up drinking coffee shouting 'You boy! get me a biscuit' - that would explain where I am going wrong

SnoopZ 29-05-2010 16:20

After doing 28hrs overtime at work over the last 7 days i'm happy i now have just over 2 days off to try and relax again before groundhog day starts again :)

Hugh 29-05-2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35030467)
I thought it was about sitting around with your feet up drinking coffee shouting 'You boy! get me a biscuit' - that would explain where I am going wrong

It is where you are going wrong - it's "get me a coffee and a biscuit!".

I learnt that on the course.....:D

speedfreak 29-05-2010 17:16

Went past a sign today advertising "Invisible Fencing, Pet enclosure specialists". They must make a mint with no materials to pay for and no complaints about bad workmanship as its invisible! :D invisible fencing wasnt the name of the company, thats the service they are advertising

Lord Nikon 29-05-2010 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak (Post 35030501)
Went past a sign today advertising "Invisible Fencing, Pet enclosure specialists". They must make a mint with no materials to pay for and no complaints about bad workmanship as its invisible! :D invisible fencing wasnt the name of the company, thats the service they are advertising

http://www.invisiblefence.com/

Pedro1 29-05-2010 20:07

No work till Tuesday Superb...

speedfreak 29-05-2010 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Nikon (Post 35030614)

Well that put a dampener on my happy thought :( Ive been laughing to myself all day thinking there must be some gullible people in the world to buy from them :D

joglynne 30-05-2010 17:12

We have been on the look out for a painting and stumbled on a small gallery whilst we we out this morning. I fell in love with a couple of water colours and John was taken by a limited edition print all in the Beached series by Gary Walton. Couldn't make up our minds so we came away. Got home, made a cup of tea and we both realised we wanted the paintings. Just been back and bought the lot.

Well that's my shoe fund tapped out for the next couple of years. :D

LondonRoad 30-05-2010 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35031263)
We have been on the look out for a painting and stumbled on a small gallery whilst we we out this morning. I fell in love with a couple of water colours and John was taken by a limited edition print all in the Beached series by Gary Walton. Couldn't make up our minds so we came away. Got home, made a cup of tea and we both realised we wanted the paintings. Just been back and bought the lot.

Well that's my shoe fund tapped out for the next couple of years. :D

But the paintings will still be there after many pairs of shoes have been binned.:D

I'm not so sure the paintings would look as good as pair of stilletos with ur lbn on a night out though:)

Tinky 01-06-2010 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35032180)
I've been resisting getting a mobile phone. (Just don't want to be at peoples beck and call) however one of my important business clients wants to be able to get me rather than talk on the odd occasion to the answer phone and also recently the car let me down and it was the devils own to find a public call box for the AA.

I went PAYG as I'm not intending to use it too often and I've got the Samsung GT S5230 (Tocco lite in black) Now I've got to learn how to drive it. Found out its number and have connected it to the lappy and downloaded some tunes so far. Seems pretty intuative to use and the touch display is nice. Plenty of bells and whistles. :)

Lucky you heero, I did the same as you in resisting getting a mobile phone. But in the end I caved in and bought myself a modest Samsung E2120. However I have spent the time since I bought it on 14 th May, trying to find out how to download my photos or music from/to PC/phone with no joy. I have been to 3 separate phone shops, and sent numerous emails to Samsung, who incidentally do not appear to actually read my questions. I even phoned them today and they suggested it was my fault the phone wasn't working, when I told them I was going to take it back to the shop for a refund. What to do next? :(

punky 01-06-2010 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35032308)
Lucky you heero, I did the same as you in resisting getting a mobile phone. But in the end I caved in and bought myself a modest Samsung E2120. However I have spent the time since I bought it on 14 th May, trying to find out how to download my photos or music from/to PC/phone with no joy. I have been to 3 separate phone shops, and sent numerous emails to Samsung, who incidentally do not appear to actually read my questions. I even phoned them today and they suggested it was my fault the phone wasn't working, when I told them I was going to take it back to the shop for a refund. What to do next? :(

Find a kid and ask him (or her) :p:

It has bluetooth so try buying a bluetooth receiver for your PC and try that?

Tinky 01-06-2010 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by punky (Post 35032314)
Find a kid and ask him (or her) :p:

It has bluetooth so try buying a bluetooth receiver for your PC and try that?

Lol punky you are probably right about asking a kid to sort it, never thought of that one! One of the 'phone' shops tried to sell me more memory , and a memory stick, the two costing more than the phone. I had already bought a usb cable for it, but my PC doesn't recognise it. :(:(:(

joglynne 01-06-2010 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35032343)
Lol punky you are probably right about asking a kid to sort it, never thought of that one! One of the 'phone' shops tried to sell me more memory , and a memory stick, the two costing more than the phone. I had already bought a usb cable for it, but my PC doesn't recognise it. :(:(:(

Tinky if your phone does have bluetooth then I can highly recommend this Bluetooth adapter together with the seller shown. At £1.69 and free p&p it was worth the 3 day wait for it to arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270529875660

zing_deleted 01-06-2010 20:43

remember to turn bt off when not is use as it burns the battery and isnt very secure at all

Tinky 02-06-2010 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35032408)
Tinky if your phone does have bluetooth then I can highly recommend this Bluetooth adapter together with the seller shown. At £1.69 and free p&p it was worth the 3 day wait for it to arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270529875660

Quote:

Originally Posted by zing (Post 35032418)
remember to turn bt off when not is use as it burns the battery and isnt very secure at all

Looks like I should have started a new thread for this one, will PM you Jo before I start showing my ignorance again lol!;)

zing_deleted 03-06-2010 15:41

HTC Desire on its way as an upgrade and a reduction in tariff now what do I sell Desire or HD2 the HD2 is still making good money decisions decisions

Maggy 03-06-2010 20:59

Now upgraded to 2 GB RAM and all is well but the stress of breaking the on/off button almost outweighed the relief that all is working fine.

Hom3r 03-06-2010 22:37

Got this email from my Niece (9)

Quote:

to uncle

u r the best uncle in the univerese. it is soooooooooooo cool that i can e-mail u on msn coz i am always on it. LOL

Lots of love your niece Kimbo
xxx

Hugh 03-06-2010 22:43

Just been for a meal at mum-in-laws, as nephew and wife are back in the country from Switzerland for a week, touring with the new baby.

A glass of wine turned into three bottles of McGuigans Merlot, and some digestifs afterwards.

The best nights are the unplanned ones, and we don't have to wake up with the baby tomorrow morning.:D

Gary L 03-06-2010 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35033732)
Got this email from my Niece (9)

Hasn't anybody told her your name? :)

My niece calls me loser, and does the L sign with her fingers.
I call her idiot and give her the I sign with the one finger :D

Mr_love_monkey 03-06-2010 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35033734)
and some digestifs afterwards.

Chocolate digestifs?

Gary L 04-06-2010 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35033757)
Chocolate digestifs?

I can eat 6 chocolate digestifs without having to dunk them in my tea.

MadGamer 04-06-2010 08:56

Looking forward to this Sunday as Soccer Aid is on at 6pm on ITV1 and also looking forward to next Friday as the World Cup starts

Hugh 04-06-2010 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35033757)
Chocolate digestifs?

You can nibble my hobnobs anytime......

Hugh 04-06-2010 18:26

Off to Headingley now, to get outside some beer.

Arcadia first stop, then where ever our path wanders to.

papa smurf 04-06-2010 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35034246)
Off to Headingley now, to get outside some beer.

Arcadia first stop, then where ever our path wanders to.

if your doing it right its where your path staggers to :beer:

Hom3r 04-06-2010 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35033740)
Hasn't anybody told her your name? :)

My niece calls me loser, and does the L sign with her fingers.
I call her idiot and give her the I sign with the one finger :D

What I do is point at her top and ask "what that there?", and when she look's down I flick my finger up and clip her nose.

It has now become a game were I will try and get her, and she will not look.:D

Cobbydaler 04-06-2010 20:07

On holiday for 2 weeks from tomorrow! :D

Can't remember when I last had a fortnight off work...

First week in the Wye valley

Second in the New Forest

Can't wait... :)

CycoSymz 04-06-2010 20:11

I've got Lager, Red Wine and Cider :D

punky 04-06-2010 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CycoSymz (Post 35034315)

And cirrosis :D

Peter_ 04-06-2010 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by CycoSymz (Post 35034315)

In the one glass.:erm:;):D

punky 04-06-2010 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35034320)
In the one glass.:erm:;):D

Thinking about the name

Well, lager + cider = Snakebite. Toffs usually drink wine so:

lager + cider + wine = Tarquin gets a snakebite.

Hugh 05-06-2010 16:39

My MS Sidewinder X8 mouse has arrived. :)

papa smurf 05-06-2010 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35034763)
My MS Sidewinder X8 mouse has arrived. :)

Diesel or unleaded ?

Hugh 05-06-2010 17:34

Bio.....

Angua 05-06-2010 17:38

Daughter may be put through for District or even County Cricket team :D :D :D

Turkey Machine 05-06-2010 18:22

Trying to decide what to do for my birthday tomorrow. Sit outside with a beer in the sun is winning so far. :D

Mr_love_monkey 05-06-2010 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35033908)

Long as you don't want me to taste your Jammie Dodger

Hugh 06-06-2010 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35034960)
Long as you don't want me to taste your Jammie Dodger

A finger of Fudge, perhaps?

lucy7 06-06-2010 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35033908)

Name the place and I will be there ;):)

(couldn't resist.......sorry!)

Maggy 06-06-2010 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 35034783)
Daughter may be put through for District or even County Cricket team :D :D :D

Wonderful!:D

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Brilliant sunshine when I was expecting rain..:D

Mr_love_monkey 06-06-2010 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 35034781)
Bo.....

You don't smell that bad

MadGamer 08-06-2010 13:41

Sent 5 applications on spec to various companies to try and get part/full time work. if they haven't got any vacancies then ive offered to work voluntary

Hugh 10-06-2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35036594)
Sent 5 applications on spec to various companies to try and get part/full time work. if they haven't got any vacancies then ive offered to work voluntary

Good luck on those applications - here's hoping you get a positive response. :)

My happy thought - just booked some tickets to see Dara O'Briain at the Leeds Grand Theatre in November.