Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

denphone 30-06-2015 12:51

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35785915)
My Nephrologist sent me a letter regarding my blood work results for a consultation this week, turns out I'm iron deficient / anaemic again. Which is good news as it explains why I've been feeling the way I have been for a while (extreme fatigue, dizzy, lifeless etc). I was hoping for this result.

The bad news though is that I'm iron supplement intolerant, so risking a low dose of ferrous fumarate till hopefully sort out iron infusions at some point. But it's good for once to get a possible explanation and hopefully the right course of treatment now.

l hope you get the right treatment peanut and that you will feel better soon.

Hugh 30-06-2015 12:52

All packed for the holidays.

Off to see Fleetwood Mac tonight at Leeds Arena, then off to Kyrenia for a fortnight early tomorrow morning.

Time to turn my light blue skin slight less pale.

nashville 30-06-2015 13:57

Take Care Peanut

weenie 30-06-2015 14:36

It's truly over after years of harassment and unease :)

Last month was the court case and the outcome was we won.

Neighbours trees are now down (well the ones that put the integrity of our building at risk). Court case over! Insurance delighted with the outcome as neighbour has to pay all costs (court costs, our expert reports, lawyers fees etc. Interdict granted against neighbour to prevent this from ever happening again.

I can not thank my Insurance company enough for all their help and panel solicitors without them I would have been snookered well and truly.

Now I can concentrate fully on my family and more importantly my Mum.

dilli-theclaw 30-06-2015 14:38

Excellent :)

Osem 30-06-2015 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35785958)

Neighbours trees are now down (well the ones that put the integrity of our building at risk). Court case over! Insurance delighted with the outcome as neighbour has to pay all costs (court costs, our expert reports, lawyers fees etc. Interdict granted against neighbour to prevent this from ever happening again.

I can not thank my Insurance company enough for all their help and panel solicitors without them I would have been snookered well and truly.

Great news Weenie. These things can go on for years and are a constant source of stress and frustration. Glad it's over and you can move on. :)

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Osem Jnr # 2 is having a rare and unexpected evening away with some of his classmates and staff today. After school they're going for a nice meal (fish and chips for him as he's limited because of allergies) then to stay overnight at the school's 'life skills' accommodation and back to school tomorrow so we won't see him until tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.

It's great when he gets a treat and we can relax for the evening without constantly worrying about him and what he's up to. :)

joglynne 30-06-2015 15:31

Quote:

So happy for you weenie, it took a long time but this outcome was worth the wait. Hopefully your neighbour is suitably gutted. :D Now you can concentrate on your Mum and start making happy memories without these trees overshadowing your life. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35785960)
Osem Jnr # 2 is having a rare and unexpected evening away with some of his classmates and staff today. After school they're going for a nice meal (fish and chips for him as he's limited because of allergies) then to stay overnight at the school's 'life skills' accommodation and back to school tomorrow so we won't see him until tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.

It's great when he gets a treat and we can relax for the evening without constantly worrying about him and what he's up to. :)

I hope all goes to plan Osem. Osem Jnr# will enjoy his break away from home and a time for you and Mrs Osem to have a child free 'Home Date' must be an added bonus. :)

Hugh 30-06-2015 15:34

Quote:

Well done, weenie.

I know it has been painful, but your patience and hard work have been rewarded.

Sounds like a glass of wine is in order...

SnoopZ 30-06-2015 16:22

Quote:

Excellent news i hope they get a huge bill for all the stress they gave you guys, maybe they will even sell up!!! :)

weenie 30-06-2015 16:39

Thanks all for your kind words, here the trees gone :) and the remainder cut.

joglynne 30-06-2015 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35785979)
Thanks all for your kind words, here the trees gone :) and the remainder cut.

Considering the amount of shadow cast by the remaining trees/shrubs I can see how the original trees must have also made a real impact on the light levels at the front of your house. No wonder you are sooooo happy with the outcome. :)

MalteseFalcon 30-06-2015 17:37

Congratulations. Bet their face was a picture when court ruled in your favour.

heero_yuy 30-06-2015 18:02

I've shut all the windows etc as it's so steamy outside compared to the inside of the house. Will be putting on the air-con in the bedroom later so we get a good nights sleep.:)

denphone 30-06-2015 18:20

Quote:

That's excellent news weenie.:tu:

nashville 30-06-2015 20:11

Excellent news Weenie, a lot of worry solved, As you say consentrate on your family and your precious Mum. Take Care

Uncle Peter 30-06-2015 20:38

Blow torch 1000-0 Flying ants

denphone 01-07-2015 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35786055)

So if we have problems we shall phone the Antbuster.;)

heero_yuy 01-07-2015 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35786055)

I see that Amazon are now stocking the original Bug-a-salt

I got to have me one of those. Perfect for those pesky wasps. :)

weenie 01-07-2015 11:59

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35785982)
Considering the amount of shadow cast by the remaining trees/shrubs I can see how the original trees must have also made a real impact on the light levels at the front of your house. No wonder you are sooooo happy with the outcome. :)

You have no idea Jo just how delighted we are. Our neighbour has put us in an legal battle since December 2013 since she claimed our land and at the time I was truly gutted but now it's the best thing she could have done for us because without that survey we would never have known the risk her trees were putting on our property not to mention the tree in our front garden. Here are some before pics so you can see the actual difference. It was the Holly tree that caused concern both now and in the future as you will see the red boundary marker and peg that tree was just centimeters from our home. I would have posted these before pictures yesterday but they would not upload but my lovely son cropped them so they would. When you look at the before you can understand why VM chose to install her VM service through my garden although that does not give her the right to say that my garden belonged to her.

@ SnoopZ I have no idea the cost but I would imagine it will be in the thousands.

@ MarkC1984 her face was like fizz.

@ Hugh yes we had a bottle of wine in our sunny garden :)

dilli-theclaw 01-07-2015 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35786114)
I see that Amazon are now stocking the original Bug-a-salt

I got to have me one of those. Perfect for those pesky wasps. :)

I've not seen anything like that before but now I have an urge to play with one :)

weenie 01-07-2015 12:14

Picnic made up, money for the boating pond and plenty of water for me as I'm off to the park with the wee one and his friend. Oh and the sun lotion.

dilli-theclaw 01-07-2015 12:16

That does sound nice :tu:

I'm saving up my monthly heart attack inducing treat 'till the weekend when Natalie and I are out but I'm not sure what I'll have yet :)

weenie 01-07-2015 12:24

It is dilli and it suits us as he and his pal can play safely as the park is sectioned into three areas one being for under 5s, then 5-11 year old and the third area is for the older children. Although you do get some parents that allow their young children into the older ones area as these areas are not supervised by anyone just the boating pond. The play areas used be supervised but I assume with council cuts these jobs went :(

heero_yuy 01-07-2015 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35786144)
I've not seen anything like that before but now I have an urge to play with one :)

Taf posted the original link to the crowd funded project in the states several years ago. I search Amazon every now and then to see if they're in general production. Seems that they are now.:)

Now I wonder if I can convince the OH that it would be £38 well spent.:scratch:

denphone 01-07-2015 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35786147)
Picnic made up, money for the boating pond and plenty of water for me as I'm off to the park with the wee one and his friend. Oh and the sun lotion.

l hope you all enjoy yourselves as we are going bingo later today and tomorrow it looks like we are going to the big smoke.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35786156)
Taf posted the original link to the crowd funded project in the states several years ago. I search Amazon every now and then to see if they're in general production. Seems that they are now.:)

Now I wonder if I can convince the OH that it would be £38 well spent.:scratch:

l thought you were the boss in your household old boy but now it seems we all know who now wears the trousers in your household.:)

heero_yuy 01-07-2015 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35786168)
l hope you all enjoy yourselves as we are going bingo later today and tomorrow it looks like we are going to the big smoke.

Which way are you going, along the coastway line and then up to Victoria or across country? Enjoy your day but it will be HOT!

Quote:

l thought you were the boss in your household old boy but now it seems we all know who now wears the trousers in your household.:)
Humph!

I'll offer him first shot. Normally just open the back door and there's a target in minutes. :D

denphone 01-07-2015 14:13

We are going the normal route through Clapham Junction as far as l know and with regards to the weather they are predicting thunderstorms tonight and a drop in the temperature tomorrow.

Hom3r 01-07-2015 20:05

I went with my mum to the University College Hospital in Central London today, despite the underground being unbearably hot, I mean hot it was easily above 100F and I was starting to feel ill as we approached Oxford Circus on the Central Line.

But it was worth it.

A few weeks ago she had a scan of the thyroid, the Dr told us that the scans and Biopsy said it was NOT cancer, but it will still need to be removed.

Surgery will be done in the UCHL and this should be in September, after her surgery on July 13th to remove part off or all of her pancreas.

So on Friday I think steaks are called for.

dilli-theclaw 01-07-2015 20:14

Cool :)

MalteseFalcon 01-07-2015 21:08

Excellent news, yes it can get VERY hot on the underground. I was on the verge of collapse myself yesterday as I got near Finsbury Park. A bottle of flavoured water soon downed had me feeling better.

weenie 02-07-2015 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35786235)
I went with my mum to the University College Hospital in Central London today, despite the underground being unbearably hot, I mean hot it was easily above 100F and I was starting to feel ill as we approached Oxford Circus on the Central Line.

But it was worth it.

A few weeks ago she had a scan of the thyroid, the Dr told us that the scans and Biopsy said it was NOT cancer, but it will still need to be removed.

Surgery will be done in the UCHL and this should be in September, after her surgery on July 13th to remove part off or all of her pancreas.

So on Friday I think steaks are called for.

That's excellent Hom3r. I'm so pleased it's not cancer hugs to you and your Mum. Take care.

joglynne 02-07-2015 11:44

@ Hom3r. What great news. Maybe a small tipple along with the steak is in order. :)

nashville 02-07-2015 12:28

Excellent news Weenie, Hope she is in not too much pain till her op.

weenie 02-07-2015 13:11

Nash I think you mean Hom3rs Mum, sorry for the confusion.

TheDaddy 02-07-2015 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35785622)
l simply do not believe as my brother won £2000 at the bingo last night and thus because its all shared between us we are a monkey better off this morning.:):)

I was going to wish you luck but thought i won't bother as it's the bingo hall that needs the luck with you and your clan about at evidenced yet again

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Quote:

Congrats, well done

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35785943)
All packed for the holidays.

Off to see Fleetwood Mac tonight at Leeds Arena, then off to Kyrenia for a fortnight early tomorrow morning.

Time to turn my light blue skin slight less pale.

Enjoy your hols Hugh

weenie 02-07-2015 20:48

Off to the beach tomorrow with hubby and the wee one :)

Picnic made up, camping chairs in the boot, first aid box and sun lotion packed away with the towels Oh and one of those Instant Disposable Bbq things. Really looking forward to it. Now it better not rain!

heero_yuy 03-07-2015 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35786391)
Off to the beach tomorrow with hubby and the wee one :)

Picnic made up, camping chairs in the boot, first aid box and sun lotion packed away with the towels Oh and one of those Instant Disposable Bbq things. Really looking forward to it. Now it better not rain!

Better ask MarkC to stop doing his rain dances down south.:D

Hope it's fine for you.

denphone 03-07-2015 09:15

Well we had a lovely day in London yesterday.

MalteseFalcon 03-07-2015 11:17

Sorry, I am desperate for some rain. A nice downpour would suit me.

denphone 03-07-2015 11:25

Yes it has been rather hot and humid lately Mark.

MalteseFalcon 03-07-2015 14:12

I just don't understand why Britain has to have it so humid. We seem to go from one extreme to the other weather wise.

denphone 03-07-2015 15:17

Yes every year most of us say its either too cold or too hot.

heero_yuy 03-07-2015 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35786464)
Sorry, I am desperate for some rain. A nice downpour would suit me.

The sky down here is full of alto-cumulus castelanus*. A sure sign of thundery weather on the way.

* Castle clouds.

denphone 03-07-2015 18:42

Yes its very humid down here in Gosport as well.

MalteseFalcon 03-07-2015 21:12

I hope the forecast is right for a change, apparently Hertfordshire will get a couple of hours rain overnight. Hope so, will cool it right down.

denphone 04-07-2015 09:11

Well we are going somewhere today but ones not sure where at the moment.:)

MalteseFalcon 04-07-2015 13:29

Have a nice time den.

Finally got a storm last night, loved it. And for only the second time in my life, saw forked lightning.

denphone 04-07-2015 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35786631)
Have a nice time den.

Finally got a storm last night, loved it. And for only the second time in my life, saw forked lightning.

Yes we had a lovely time in Hythe and we caught the Hythe ferry to see some of the cruise liners in Southampton and then did a little bit of shopping.:)

l also won three nice prizes at a village fete.:D

nashville 05-07-2015 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35786311)
Nash I think you mean Hom3rs Mum, sorry for the confusion.

Probable me who is confused Weenie, Take Care

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Nice to hear you one some prizes Den, I am glad Andy won today, Now into the second week,

dilli-theclaw 05-07-2015 17:40

Had a great day out at the centre in Milton Keynes with the missus and her sister :)

It completely wiped me out and I'm off to bed but it was well worth it just to get out somewhere different than Cambridge :)

denphone 06-07-2015 08:41

l am glad you had a lovely day out with your family yesterday dilli and yes it certainly is nice to go somewhere different as well.

weenie 06-07-2015 16:41

@ dilli glad you enjoyed Milton Keynes.

@ den glad you enjoyed Hythe and won three nice prizes.

We had a lovely day at Millport on Friday. It was the first time the wee one was on a ferry and he loved it.

nashville 06-07-2015 18:14

Glad you all seem to be enjoying your days out, I sat in today and watched Andy Murray, so glad he won today as it was a tough game,

denphone 06-07-2015 19:22

Yes its nice to see him through to the last 8 now.

nashville 06-07-2015 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35787072)
Yes its nice to see him through to the last 8 now.

Fingers and toes crossed for Wednesday Den

denphone 07-07-2015 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35787116)
Fingers and toes crossed for Wednesday Den

l am still not convinced that he is firing 100% nash though and that worries me.

nashville 07-07-2015 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35787150)
l am still not convinced that he is firing 100% nash though and that worries me.

We can only hope he gets even better, I thought Djokovic was going to go out as Anderson was brilliant, it would have been great if Anderson had knocked him out,

Osem 09-07-2015 20:58

We went to a performance at Osem Jnr#2's school this morning and very good it was too. I was so proud to see him do his little bit in good humour and was moved by the performances of his peers, some of whom will be moving on to colleges and elsewhere in coming weeks/months. So many young people with so many problems - some mental, some physical some both but all of them doing their best to join in with the performance in one way or another and express themselves. After all these years I've never managed to get through without a tear in my eye, lump the throat and even a sense of pride but somehow this time was even more emotional as some people we've known for a long time will be heading off into uncertain futures. Won't be long before it's our turn...

denphone 09-07-2015 21:57

Well we had a nice family day out in Basingstoke.:)

nashville 10-07-2015 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35787588)
We went to a performance at Osem Jnr#2's school this morning and very good it was too. I was so proud to see him do his little bit in good humour and was moved by the performances of his peers, some of whom will be moving on to colleges and elsewhere in coming weeks/months. So many young people with so many problems - some mental, some physical some both but all of them doing their best to join in with the performance in one way or another and express themselves. After all these years I've never managed to get through without a tear in my eye, lump the throat and even a sense of pride but somehow this time was even more emotional as some people we've known for a long time will be heading off into uncertain futures. Won't be long before it's our turn...

I used to love going to wee ones perform at school. They always put so much heart and soul into it ,

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35787609)
Well we had a nice family day out in Basingstoke.:)

Well Done Den,

heero_yuy 10-07-2015 11:51

Finally resolved a registry problem on the PC that was trying to launch two different versions of the same program at startup. ( Bit torrent) Happened after the OS decided to trash my original profile and then make a new one.

Had to trawl through with regedit and find the keys that were the launch items, identify the versions that they related to and then delete the old ones. Found quite a few dead ones as well in the process so got rid of those too. I think there's a duplicate launch key but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.

Always a little cautious when modifying the registry and backup beforehand but a good result. :)

MadGamer 10-07-2015 17:11

I have a week off next week :)

weenie 10-07-2015 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35787761)

Enjoy MG :)

MalteseFalcon 10-07-2015 21:24

I'm saying nothing...

But a lovely quiet day, no neighbours doing DIY or little brats outside screaming. Lovely peaceful day. Hope it lasts into the weekend.

SnoopZ 11-07-2015 08:05

Off to Dover Castle today to make the most of the good weather before work on Monday.

The weather looks to turn bad again from Sunday.

denphone 11-07-2015 08:44

l hope you have a nice time at Dover Castle as its certainly one of the best ones in the UK that's for sure.

SnoopZ 11-07-2015 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35787832)
l hope you have a nice time at Dover Castle as its certainly one of the best ones in the UK that's for sure.

We did thanks, the weather was perfect too. We decided to join English Heritage so we got in free, we will go somewhere else at some point so it'll save money over a year.

nashville 11-07-2015 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35787761)

Hope the weather is good for you , enjoy your week off

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Our weather in Glasgow has been terrible all day rain and more rain, Hope you all enjoy, We might get it better next week

MadGamer 13-07-2015 11:47

2 Attachment(s)
Bought myself a mobility scooter. As I dont drive this will help me be more independent. I plan to use it to travel to and from work and to travel to the shops, and my sisters. :) . Attached is a couple of images of the one I have bought. (mine will be in white)

nashville 13-07-2015 11:55

Enjoy your scooter, will be great for you

joglynne 13-07-2015 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35788141)
Bought myself a mobility scooter. As I dont drive this will help me be more independent. I plan to use it to travel to and from work and to travel to the shops, and my sisters. :) . Attached is a couple of images of the one I have bought. (mine will be in white)

The scooter sounds like a brilliant purchase MG. :tu:

The independence it will give you will be great, just make sure you have somewhere very secure that you can leave it as we have had a spate of similar scooters being stolen.

denphone 13-07-2015 12:07

Quote:

It looks very nice MG.

weenie 13-07-2015 12:22

Quote:

It looks very nice MG and the freedom this scooter will give you will be great, I know my Father in Law felt this when he got one when he had to give up driving due to health issues. As Jo has stated just make sure you have somewhere safe and secure to store it as sadly their are some very nasty people out there who will just steal it.

Happy journeys MG.

MadGamer 13-07-2015 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35788144)
The scooter sounds like a brilliant purchase MG. :tu:

The independence it will give you will be great, just make sure you have somewhere very secure that you can leave it as we have had a spate of similar scooters being stolen.

I plan to keep it in my garage which is behind electronic security gates, to charge it and store it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35788145)
It looks very nice MG.

Thank you Den :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35788148)
It looks very nice MG and the freedom this scooter will give you will be great, I know my Father in Law felt this when he got one when he had to give up driving due to health issues. As Jo has stated just make sure you have somewhere safe and secure to store it as sadly their are some very nasty people out there who will just steal it.

Happy journeys MG.

Thank you Weenie, it will have a back box on it too, which i can put my lunch bag/shopping in to secure it :), all in all £3,673, with a 50% deposit which ive already paid, and ill pay the remaning balance on finance over 12 months. the Owner who im dealing with will also put better batteries on it, so I can get about 40 miles on a single charge (but its recommended that the batteries are charge after each use to keep them optimum), and he's also putting special liquid in the tyres so if I get a puncture, they wont deflate quickly. Hes also giving me a 2 year warranty instead of the standard 12 months, and ill also insure it to be safe :)

nashville 13-07-2015 16:47

Will be excellent for you .

denphone 14-07-2015 09:07

Off to Beaulieu today with the family.

weenie 14-07-2015 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35788334)

Have a great time den.

MalteseFalcon 14-07-2015 16:51

Had to put up with a neighbour drilling and hammering all morning, now to get my own back I am sat here with my back door wide open, Slipknot blaring out at full volume so she can hear it.

nashville 14-07-2015 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35788334)

Where is that Den,, Enjoy ;)

heero_yuy 14-07-2015 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35788413)
Where is that Den,, Enjoy ;)

Motor museum and Bucklers hard down near the Solent.

denphone 14-07-2015 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35788419)
Motor museum and Bucklers hard down near the Solent.

Yes your compass is spot on today as we went to Beaulieu where we went into the Motor museum , the abbey , the gardens , the house and even took in the Top Gear exhibition there as well and all for £14 reduced from £24 because l am disabled and they even threw in a disability scooter to help me get around the massive place.

nashville 14-07-2015 20:15

Well done Den

dilli-theclaw 15-07-2015 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35788425)
Yes your compass is spot on today as we went to Beaulieu where we went into the Motor museum , the abbey , the gardens , the house and even took in the Top Gear exhibition there as well and all for £14 reduced from £24 because l am disabled and they even threw in a disability scooter to help me get around the massive place.

That sounds great :)

alferret 15-07-2015 20:04

Went to Preston to see my stepson graduate from UCLAN with a 2.1 in British sign language and translation. Dead proud of his achievements and being a part of his life that hopefully shaped him into the man he is today.

MalteseFalcon 15-07-2015 21:00

Happy thought for everyone else. Having a full round of blood tests tomorrow morning, reckon at least 6 vials with what they want. And for first time, having my Vitamin B12 checked. My mum suffers from low B12 levels, so maybe a good thing to have it tested. But I hadn't mentioned it to my GP so they must be psychic lol.

weenie 15-07-2015 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35788661)
Went to Preston to see my stepson graduate from UCLAN with a 2.1 in British sign language and translation. Dead proud of his achievements and being a part of his life that hopefully shaped him into the man he is today.

Excellent :)

denphone 16-07-2015 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35788641)
That sounds great :)

Yes it certainly was a very enjoyable day and we can go back there again for free within a year.:)

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35788675)
Happy thought for everyone else. Having a full round of blood tests tomorrow morning, reckon at least 6 vials with what they want. And for first time, having my Vitamin B12 checked. My mum suffers from low B12 levels, so maybe a good thing to have it tested. But I hadn't mentioned it to my GP so they must be psychic lol.

l hope everything works out for you Mark today with your blood tests so keeping fingers crossed for you.

---------- Post added at 08:29 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35788661)

Indeed you have a lot to be proud of.:tu:

MalteseFalcon 16-07-2015 13:18

Was only 4 in the end. But it hurt like buggery, couldn't keep a vein open long enough to get blood out. Be shocked if I escape getting a bruise.

heero_yuy 16-07-2015 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35788851)
Was only 4 in the end. But it hurt like buggery, couldn't keep a vein open long enough to get blood out. Be shocked if I escape getting a bruise.

Things like that make me think of the "Blood donor" sketch by the late great Tony Hancock.

A Pint! But that's a whole armfull. :D ( Part 2 )

dilli-theclaw 16-07-2015 14:13

.... and if you're having kidney problems they will only do blood tests from the back of the had not your arms. Gotta keep the arms for the fistula ;)

Hom3r 16-07-2015 20:06

NHS nurses.

My mum went in to hospital to have a lump removed from her pancreas (about 1/3 non cancer) and a bit more bowel removed (GIST very very slow spreading cancer).

She spend 2 days in ICU and the nurse looking after was great informing us and answer questions we had.

Yesterday (Wednesday) she was transferred to a HDU ward she had about 5/6 tubes giving drugs. She should have been in ICU for 5 days but as she was doing so well they moved her too the HDU. She will not be allowed to eat until at least Saturday to allow the internal stitches to properly heal.

A young nurse who was doing her 2 hourly obs was a credit to her parents, and the nursing profession.

Today she was able to sit in her chair for 2 hours, I believe today or tomorrow she will be allowed to drink fluids.

The only moan it's 1-1/2 hours journey time from home to hospital.

Luckily nowadays mobile phones are allowed to me used.

But I guess the worst part is the 16th July is my Mum & Dads 49th wedding anniversary.

Next year will be a bigger party than ever now.

dilli-theclaw 16-07-2015 20:08

It's good to hear she's doing well :tu: :)

denphone 16-07-2015 20:17

That's excellent news about your Mum Hom3r.:)

Hom3r 16-07-2015 20:22

I said to the surgeon on Monday that I read she could be in for 18 days, expecting his to say "nah you idiot it will be 10 days tops", but he went "yeah about right"

I was speechless (for once) :D

joglynne 17-07-2015 12:35

So glad to hear that your mother is recovering from her operation Hom3r.

I think that in some cases people get discharged too soon and then face having to be readmitted if things go a tad awry. At least your mother is in the best place and with the quality nursing she is having I am sure that, in the long run, when she does get discharged you will all feel more confident that she is home for good. :)

weenie 17-07-2015 16:51

It's great to hear your Mum is doing well after her operation Hom3r. Best wishes to you and your family & hugs to your Mum. Take care :hugs:

Hom3r 17-07-2015 21:18

My sister was waiting for the Dr to see her but he didn't turn up.

My mum might have an infection (could be related to bowel surgery which can happen)

I don't need this crap.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Mum phoned sister to say there is no infection

denphone 18-07-2015 08:26

Well we are off to Didcot and Oxford today.

heero_yuy 18-07-2015 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35789254)

You're gadding about a bit. :)

If you've not been there the Roman palace at Fishborne is worth a visit as is the Weald and Downland museum at Singleton where they have "rescued" historic buildings set up as they were in their time.

weenie 18-07-2015 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35789254)

Enjoy den, I've just looked up Didcot.
Didcot Railway Centre looks good :)