Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : The Walking Dead (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33699062)

Russ 13-10-2014 07:59

The Walking Dead

A return to the gory days it seems but failed to adequately explain the Sanctuary. I'm guessing that'll be spread through the next few episodes but what an anti-climatic ending, in my opinion Morgan didn't play a big enough part in previous episodes for it to be a 'wow' moment.

Pierre 13-10-2014 23:35

Re: The Walking Dead season 5

That was freakin' amazing.

Based off the series trailer,

Obviously they must tie up with that Gareth again somewhere along the line and they either go to DC or back to Atlanta, as there is a cityscape in the trailer.

Tbh if Morgan has a proper role, it'll be like having a new character as he's only been in about 3-4 eps.

But for zombie killing mayhem that episode was hard to beat.

alferret 14-10-2014 07:22

Enjoyed the opening 10 minutes or so, pretty graphic and well executed (pun intended) then it settled down into its usual.

This TV show has moments of genius.

Pierre 22-10-2014 13:33

another crackin episode, really happy with the way this has started,

Russ 22-10-2014 14:03

If they keep giving us endings like that to each episode then this series will be much better than the last.

Pierre 29-10-2014 10:49

3 for 3, the great start continues.

I'm a little confused though because in the Series 5 trailer there was a scene where Gareth says "let's go to DC and cure this thing"

I haven't seen that scene yet, and as seen a Rick just machete'd him, looks like we wont.

alferret 09-02-2015 19:53

Re: The Walking Dead

It's Baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Russ 09-02-2015 22:59

Just awful. I can't stand episodes with a disjointed storyline, flashforwards, flashbacks, slow-mo flickering camera work etc.

I reckon they'd just hired some pretentious writer fresh out of university who wanted to make it look 'artistic' but failed miserably. Why they can't just do a 'normal' episode is beyond me.

alferret 10-02-2015 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ:35758249
Just awful. I can't stand episodes with a disjointed storyline, flashforwards, flashbacks, slow-mo flickering camera work etc.

I reckon they'd just hired some pretentious writer fresh out of university who wanted to make it look 'artistic' but failed miserably. Why they can't just do a 'normal' episode is beyond me.

Not watched it yet, doesn't bode well by the sounds of it.

Horizon 10-02-2015 02:05

I agree it was disjointed to begin with but the arty, flashback way it was filmed all made sense by the end of the ep. An absolute brilliant bit of telly in my opinion. In fact one of the best eps ever.

Tezcatlipoca 10-02-2015 03:32

I don't think that it was very disjointed. It was just that bit at the start before the credits that turned out to be after the main chunk, it's not like it was jumping all over the place all the way through.

Russ 10-02-2015 08:10

The way they used slow-mo with the camera jumping about, that was totally unnecessary and ruined the flow of the episode. OK he went in to the house, got bitten and suffered delirium - pretty straightforward but they had to spoil it like that. The show is starting to get too pretentious for its own good.

Horizon 10-02-2015 15:25

....I agree up to a point before this episode, case being the "walkers" aren't that dangerous and everyone seemed to be relaxed around them, turning their backs to them etc

Without spoiling it for those that haven't seen this yet, I think this episode changed the pretentious air that the series seem to have developed. Yes, other people are dangerous, the main theme of the show, but so are the flesh eating zombies! Something this episode has now reminded everyone about and done it in style.

Russ 19-02-2015 06:23

An interesting end to a very turgid episode.

Horizon 03-03-2015 01:07

....yep, but the latest ep is back on form.

Now into the next phase of the series after the last few treading water episodes. Will it all end well and everyone lives happily ever after?.... it's the end of the series if that's the case.

Really enjoyed the latest ep.