Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709861)

Media Boy UK 06-08-2022 18:16

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

A new app is testing on TiVo boxes saying "local name" only when you go into it STV Player appeared.

Source: My TiVo Box.

cheekyangus 06-08-2022 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36130486)
A new app is testing on TiVo boxes saying "local name" only when you go into it STV Player appeared.

Source: My TiVo Box.

Pure speculation on my part, but given ITV Hub App isn't available in Scotland on VM, just via VM's On-demand services in branded folders, maybe with the coming launch of ITVX ITV are making a regional variant of ITVX for VM in Scotland?

OLD BOY 06-08-2022 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36130490)
Pure speculation on my part, but given ITV Hub App isn't available in Scotland on VM, just via VM's On-demand services in branded folders, maybe with the coming launch of ITVX ITV are making a regional variant of ITVX for VM in Scotland?

Yes, I was wondering if it was anything to do with ITVX.

epsilon 07-08-2022 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36130490)

ITV Hub on the legacy Tivo outside of Scotland is just a message informing customers that they need to upgrade to a V6. Maybe Scottish Tivo users are about to get the same message? :p:

cheekyangus 07-08-2022 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by epsilon (Post 36130510)
ITV Hub on the legacy Tivo outside of Scotland is just a message informing customers that they need to upgrade to a V6. Maybe Scottish Tivo users are about to get the same message? :p:

I've got a V6 box. I hadn't even thought about Original VM Tivo users.

epsilon 07-08-2022 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36130511)
I've got a V6 box. I hadn't even thought about Original VM Tivo users.

I could be wrong but got the impression from MediaBoy's post that he was referring to the original box.

cheekyangus 07-08-2022 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by epsilon (Post 36130537)
I could be wrong but got the impression from MediaBoy's post that he was referring to the original box.

I think MB has one, and that wording is ambiguous enough, so that's possible.

cheekyangus 09-08-2022 18:45

ITV has started showing pop-ups for devices with ITV Hub that won't be supported by ITVX when it arrives.

On Virgin Media the V6, TV 360 and Stream devices are all listed as supported according to this RXTV article.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/pop-ups-wa...v-hubs-removal

OLD BOY 09-08-2022 20:08

It’s a good reason for TiVo viewers to upgrade. ITVX actually sounds half decent.

epsilon 10-08-2022 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36130752)
It’s a good reason for TiVo viewers to upgrade. ITVX actually sounds half decent.

I don't see why. Legacy TiVo users have never had ITV Hub and the won't miss what they don't have. I would have thought that, if they wanted to stream ITV content, they would have already obtained an additional device - or maybe they can access the content on a smart TV. The problem of missing apps on the original TV most likely means that users have made other arrangements.

OLD BOY 10-08-2022 14:13

The reason I said that is that ITVX will be more than just repeats of stuff that’s already been on. There will be originals on the pay-service as well.

epsilon 10-08-2022 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36130814)
The reason I said that is that ITVX will be more than just repeats of stuff that’s already been on. There will be originals on the pay-service as well.

Ok but that's no different to the many other apps also not available on legacy TiVo boxes. It's probably safe to say that, if users haven't already upgraded, they either aren't interested in streaming or have made other arrangements.

Legendkiller2k 11-08-2022 01:46

Disney+ announce a new ad tier and a price rise for it's USA customers, you can be certain UK will be soon too. https://tvline.com/2022/08/10/disney...3Wp1GSmti-gjlo

TimeLord2018 11-08-2022 01:53

Didnt't realise in the US you can't get Disney + (no ads) and Hulu* (no ads) as a bundle without ESPN+.

*We increasingly get new Hulu Originals on Disney+ , at least 6 are due to premiere on Disney+ later this year , aswell shows from FX channel and upcoming ABC shows like Alaska Daily , Avalon and Will Trent

1701-e 11-08-2022 17:51

Prime app on V6 logged me out yesterday. When I logged in again the profiles that we have were visible for the first time.