Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Post-Brexit Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703180)

Damien 01-09-2016 18:52

Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35857180)
Incidentally the issues here are why Article 50 hasn't been triggered yet.

Just a few things to work through before the 2 years runs out after doing so.

If we ever issue Article 50. I think think the Government want to stall as long as possible and ease into a EEA type thing.

Chris 02-09-2016 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35857252)
If we ever issue Article 50. I think think the Government want to stall as long as possible and ease into a EEA type thing.

El Gov has said very little about what it wants Brexit to look like so far, however the one thing May has been clear about is that immigration control is of paramount importance. There will be no unrestricted free movement of people in post-EU Britain. There is of course still wriggle room there; free movement of people and free movement of labour is not quite the same thing. However it is different enough to make off-the-shelf membership of the EEA impossible.

Ignitionnet 02-09-2016 09:49

Welcome to Twitter, Brexit department.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2016/09/14.jpg

Osem 02-09-2016 10:03

The worse things get in the EU/Eurozone, the greater the pressure on them to negotiate some sort of reasonable agreement I'd have thought, even if the telling pressure on the Eurocrats comes from big business who won't want t have their exports to the UK further hindered.

Anypermitedroute 02-09-2016 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35857336)

An English England, a British Britain isn't good enough, next the Cornish will want a Cornish Cornwall, a manish man, and a sexy Essex

Stuart 02-09-2016 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35857204)
Yet more bad economic news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37242804

Well they did warn us it'd all be downhill didn't they.

;)

Sneer all you want, but as Igni noted, our economy is primarily service based now. We've yet to be told the impact on services.

Osem 02-09-2016 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35857361)
Sneer all you want, but as Igni noted, our economy is primarily service based now. We've yet to be told the impact on services.

Yes we all know that. Who's claiming everything's perfect? Our economy has been mainly service based for decades and Brexit isn't going to change that in a hurry but, given the unending diet of pure doom we were fed up until June, there really isn't anything wrong with pointing out some of the positives which are resulting from the lower pound such as exports and tourism.

I don't know if you think I somehow believe Brexit is the cure for all our ills but just for the record I don't and never have. Our economic problems are huge and Brexit won't be a panacea but, in my opinion, it's a better option that remaining in a dysfunctional club and we will see some benefits - something many 'remainers' never seemed able to accept. Many problems lie ahead for UK PLC but staying in the EU would only have added to them.

pip08456 02-09-2016 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35857369)
Yes we all know that. Who's claiming everything's perfect? Our economy has been mainly service based for decades and Brexit isn't going to change that in a hurry but, given the unending diet of pure doom we were fed up until June, there really isn't anything wrong with pointing out some of the positives which are resulting from the lower pound such as exports and tourism.

I don't know if you think I somehow believe Brexit is the cure for all our ills but just for the record I don't and never have. Our economic problems are huge and Brexit won't be a panacea but, in my opinion, it's a better option that remaining in a dysfunctional club and we will see some benefits - something many 'remainers' never seemed able to accept. Many problems lie ahead for UK PLC but staying in the EU would only have added to them.

I agree Osem, our politicians have only just found out the their electorate weren't happy with the lack of truthful information during the run up to the referendum.

As regards this racist drivel - what can you say. toony is obviously a moron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35857336)

Tell the truth and let the people decide. Scaremongering doesn't work any more.

TheDaddy 02-09-2016 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35857376)
Tell the truth and let the people decide. Scaremongering doesn't work any more.

:rofl:

Judging by the amount of truth spoken throughout the campaign I'd say scaremongering is working just fine

Osem 02-09-2016 14:54

No doubt he/she will be elevated by some to being representative of the average Brexit supporter.

pip08456 02-09-2016 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35857384)
No doubt he/she will be elevated by some to being representative of the average Brexit supporter.

Well........... I've tweeted him and I'll let you know what the moron comes back with.

Osem 02-09-2016 15:03

Thankfully Twitter, Facebook and all the rest are places I don't frequent. ;)

pip08456 02-09-2016 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35857387)
Thankfully Twitter, Facebook and all the rest are places I don't frequent. ;)

Thankfully neither do I but I was born and bred in this country and if this guy thinks he's representing me....

RizzyKing 02-09-2016 15:38

I'd rather chew my own arm off then go on twitter or facebook seems every personal problem a few people i know have is related in someway to those two and toony the looney certainly doesn't represent me or most brexit supporters. Of course brexit isn't a magical cure for many of the country's problems but staying in the EU wasn't a cure for them either the underlying issue's within the EU are still there and getting worse. In or out there are problems to be resolved but the one thing brexit does mean is we can now start to solve some of those problems with solutions that are best for the UK rather then trying to balance the good of the UK and the EU. There will continue to be a diehard remain element that will never be happy unless we return to the EU preferably grovelling to be allowed back in lets just hope none of them have any form of power to abuse.

If nothing else good comes from the brexit vote the end of boris johnson and his political ambition will warm a few cockles but I'm pretty sure within a decade brexit will be looked back on as a timely and beneficial exit for the UK.

Osem 02-09-2016 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35857392)
Thankfully neither do I but I was born and bred in this country and if this guy thinks he's representing me....

What really matters is making sure sad idiots like him aren't allowed to be presented as being representative of the rest of us. Of course there are those out there who'd quite like to paint that particular picture so we need to challenge them also.