Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Man Utd V Arsenal (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=2884)

sniper 22-09-2003 02:53

Man Utd V Arsenal

anyone see the game? i think arsene wenger needs to teach his men not to be as aggressive, what they did to van was damn right out of order.

TigaSefi 22-09-2003 09:07

well... Ruud was cheating.

gazzae 22-09-2003 09:09

Quote:

Originally posted by sniper
anyone see the game? i think arsene wenger needs to teach his men not to be as aggressive, what they did to van was damn right out of order.
I don't thing Arsene Wenger will be doing that. After all he has basically said that you can't expect his players to shake hands after the game. And hes blamed Rudd for it all.

Here is a nice picture of Arsenal expressing their dismay at one of their players getting sent off, which Arsene seems to think is perfectly fine.

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003440034,00.jpg

Anyway if Arsenal do get punished, it will just be that nasty FA picking on poor old Arsenal again.

Quote:

The ref got it wrong because of the reaction of van Nistelrooy
Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira
Patrick, Patrick. Maybe you should go on a refresher course on the rules of Football. There only has to be intent, you don't have the make contact to be sent off. You raised your foot, you were wrong, deal with it.

Yes I'll admit, RVN's was a bad tackle on Viera, and he could have even gone for it. But for everyone to call Rudd a cheat is ridiculous. Yes Rudd reacted, maybe he reacted on purpose, maybe it was instintive, we don't know. The fact is that if Vieira hadn't raised his foot then there would have been nothing for Rudd to react to. Rudd would have got his yellow card, Arsenal a free kick and Vieira would still be on the pitch.

timewarrior2001 22-09-2003 09:52

in my oppinion it was 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Man utd cheat, they hack they dive to wind the other team up, remember Ruud laughing as Vieria was sent off?

I honestly thought it was justice when he failed to put the penalty away.

Arsenal over reacted, they should get into trouble, but also Man Utd should face a grilling and possible fine for the antics of some of their players.

gazzae 22-09-2003 10:12

Quote:

Originally posted by timewarrior2001
in my oppinion it was 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Man utd cheat, they hack they dive to wind the other team up, remember Ruud laughing as Vieria was sent off?

I honestly thought it was justice when he failed to put the penalty away.

Arsenal over reacted, they should get into trouble, but also Man Utd should face a grilling and possible fine for the antics of some of their players.

Was he laughing because Vieira was sent off? Or was he laughing because he thought he had been sent off and then realised it was actually Vieira? Or was he laughing with relief that he escaped being assulted by Vieira who was charging around the pitch after him? Or was he laughing because he couldn't believe that another Arsenal player had reacted again?

And please tell me, what the Utd players did that makes you think they should be fined?

timewarrior2001 22-09-2003 10:17

Quote:

Originally posted by gazzae
Was he laughing because Vieira was sent off? Or was he laughing because he thought he had been sent off and then realised it was actually Vieira? Or was he laughing with relief that he escaped being assulted by Vieira who was charging around the pitch after him? Or was he laughing because he couldn't believe that another Arsenal player had reacted again?

And please tell me, what the Utd players did that makes you think they should be fined?

Ruud nicely putting his boot into Vieira's back seconds before he was sent off for kicking out. As much as Vieira got his just deserts to me jumping into someone like ruud did was violent conduct too.

gazzae 22-09-2003 10:19

Quote:

Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Ruud nicely putting his boot into Vieira's back seconds before he was sent off for kicking out. As much as Vieira got his just deserts to me jumping into someone like ruud did was violent conduct too.
Yes it was a bad tackle by Rudd, for which he got a yellow card.

smicer07 22-09-2003 10:44

I thought it was hilarious, I've been waiting for the Horse to get his comeuppance for ages.

iadom 22-09-2003 11:14

Sensible article here from a man with a strong Arsenal connection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...2/sfnsmi22.xml

Quote,
"United on the other hand, did nothing wrong at all, Van Nistelrooy, in particular , refused to bite back"

imback 22-09-2003 11:20

Quote:

Originally posted by gazzae
<snip>
Notice you haven't put up a pic of Fortune (I think it was) shoving the gunners keeper to get the ball off him, it looked just as bad as the pic you have posted:)

Man U fans need to accept their players were as much to blame too, come on guys grown up and accept some blame.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the gunners will have players banned for a few games, now don't tell me this don't work, cos that is effectivly how they lost the league last year, so the punishments fits:)

timewarrior2001 22-09-2003 11:21

Quote:

Originally posted by iadom
Sensible article here from a man with a strong Arsenal connection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...2/sfnsmi22.xml

Quote,
"United on the other hand, did nothing wrong at all, Van Nistelrooy, in particular , refused to bight back"

But thats hios oppinion. It can be fairly argued that knowing vieira had just lost his cool ina previous inceident, Van Nistlerooy intended to have a dig at him and escalate the situation.

As I said before I dont htink either side were without any kind of blame, but Arsenal certainly did go too far after the final whistle.

Neither team need worry the FA are far to scared of them both to bring about any charges, yet they hammer smaller teams such as Middlesbrough.

gazzae 22-09-2003 11:31

Quote:

Originally posted by imback
Notice you haven't put up a pic of Fortune (I think it was) shoving the gunners keeper to get the ball off him, it looked just as bad as the pic you have posted:)

I didn't see that pic. Feel free to post it.

Quote:

Originally posted by imback
As I pointed out in the other thread, the gunners will have players banned for a few games, now don't tell me this don't work, cos that is effectivly how they lost the league last year, so the punishments fits
Arsenal didn't loose the league. Man Utd won it. :)

The Diplomat 22-09-2003 11:40

IMO both teams ( yet again ) were a disgrace.

The FA need to come down hard on them and impose a substantial points deduction as a suitable penalty. As previously stated tho' they seem scared to punish either side as they would any other prem side. :rolleyes:

TigaSefi 22-09-2003 12:12

Man Utd should be relegated asap as punishment if you ask me :p

gazzae 22-09-2003 12:24

Quote:

Originally posted by TigaSefi
Man Utd should be relegated asap as punishment if you ask me :p
ROFL

Actually, this season 30 years ago we were relegated. Beaten by City at OT, a Denis Law backheel. :cry: