Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Amazon : The Boys (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707901)

pip08456 23-07-2019 19:09

The Boys

3 Days from release and the final trailer has dropped.

Chris 24-07-2019 00:26

Re: The Boys

/adds to list

pip08456 24-07-2019 01:04

Did the same myself.;)

General Maximus 24-07-2019 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36003881)
/adds to list

I added it to the tv schedule list as a new series a while ago. I am going to be doing the new list for the fall tv season over the next couple of days so make sure you check it out.

pip08456 26-07-2019 14:03

The Boys is already availaable on Amazon! It's also already been renewed for a second season.

Hugh 26-07-2019 15:19

Watched the first two episodes - enjoying it.

pip08456 26-07-2019 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36004197)
Watched the first two episodes - enjoying it.

So am I.;)

Paul 27-07-2019 20:22

Saw episode 1 tonight, good so far, looking forward to more when I get off holiday.

pip08456 27-07-2019 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 36004355)
Saw episode 1 tonight, good so far, looking forward to more when I get off holiday.

It gets better! Looking forward to a second series.

It has a good twist in the tale at the end.:)

General Maximus 28-07-2019 16:32

I have only seen episode 1 but I fell in love with it right from the opening scene. The thing which has confused me all my life with regards to my realism factor is that with every iteration of Superman you always get some armed bank robbers, high speed chase etc etc and that is without the uber bady in the film and the bad guys just keep coming back and trying again and again because they know they can get away with. Superman, like Starfleet, has the means to stop or put down his enemies yet always goes to pain staking lengths to do the complete opposite often to his detriment. If Superman showed them who was boss and that he was a force to be reckoned with everyone would think twice before embarking on a life of crime and the crime rate would go down. I think it is great that he is throwing bad guys down the street and hopefully we'll see some heat vision from the sky. All you need to do is set an example, the word will spread and everyone will fall in line.

Chris 29-07-2019 21:19

You are Governor Tarkin and I claim my £5. :D

General Maximus 30-07-2019 08:05

I am just over half way through. I have to say that I thought the bit with the baby at the end of episode 5 was hilarious.

Stephen 31-07-2019 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36004431)
I have only seen episode 1 but I fell in love with it right from the opening scene. The thing which has confused me all my life with regards to my realism factor is that with every iteration of Superman you always get some armed bank robbers, high speed chase etc etc and that is without the uber bady in the film and the bad guys just keep coming back and trying again and again because they know they can get away with. Superman, like Starfleet, has the means to stop or put down his enemies yet always goes to pain staking lengths to do the complete opposite often to his detriment. If Superman showed them who was boss and that he was a force to be reckoned with everyone would think twice before embarking on a life of crime and the crime rate would go down. I think it is great that he is throwing bad guys down the street and hopefully we'll see some heat vision from the sky. All you need to do is set an example, the word will spread and everyone will fall in line.

I think that's why The Boys is very different to a lot of mainstream hero's.

Superman and others fight for truth justice and the American way. They are there to save people and stop bad guys, they are not murderers so will do everything they can to avoid deaths. Same for Batman, he usually avoids guns, instead incapacitating his enemies.

I'm up to ep5 so far with this and the 'heroes' are a bit out of control and pretty loose cannons. It's great though.

General Maximus 01-08-2019 22:21

Just finished it and I must say this was a fantastic surprise of a series. There have been a lot of scifi series coming out of Amazon and Netflix such as Origin, Nightflyer and Another Life which have been very sub par. The Boys was fantastic. It is very much like Game of Thrones where it isn't black and white and you don't have clear cut bad guys and good guys. I have enjoyed it so much so that I force rationed myself to one episode per night because I didn't want it to finish. I wish they had made a full season of 24 episodes to finish the current story because it would be a amazing for them to tell it all in one go and as it went along you could imagine the social media discussions going on and the hype building up. Shame they decided to spread it over multiple smaller seasons and we have now got to wait a year to find out what happens.

I loved how it ended, there is so much going on and all I can say is thank god we know it has already been renewed for a second season.

Stephen 01-08-2019 22:56

They did change quiet a number of things from the comics though.

Some of the plots from this first season doesn't happen till late on in the story of the comics.

Very good adaptation though.