Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Digital Voice - no incoming calls (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711496)

ozsat 26-11-2022 05:44

Digital Voice - no incoming calls

Anyone else got this? Outgoing calls work fine.

Incoming call seems to be two different problems - and mine seem to randomly switch between them but is usually the second case. VM second line support are working and have experience both the issues.
1: Caller dials your number and it rings once in their handset and they are cut off to a continuous time.
2: Caller dials your number and it rings as normal in their handset and on your handset. But as soon as you answer the ‘phone you get silence and they get the continuous tone.

Replaced the ‘phone cabling and factory reset – but still same issue.
I thought it was just me bot found four or five others report same problem in VM forum since Thursday using SH5 for digital voice.
When I called VM back with some more details the VM person said they had just had someone else call with the same issue.
I’m 99.9% certain the problem will be a setting related to the account. I found this problem on Thursday and was just after the addition of a pod to the account on Wednesday. I have no memory of any incoming calls since the pod was added.

A visit is arranged for Sunday morning but I can’t see that leading to any progress expect confirming the issue.

ozsat 27-11-2022 13:13

Re: Digital Voice - no incoming calls

VM visit found no issues in the house or cables.
All VM tests wourked fine - except the line would disconnect the VM callback test.
Handed back for them to look at remote/account settings etc.

Brunel 27-11-2022 20:27

I have similar problem.

It is a known fault.

ozsat 28-11-2022 05:52

How long has it been like it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunel (Post 36140857)
I have similar problem.

It is a known fault.

Brunel 28-11-2022 09:10

Started last Fri. approx. it is a HUB 5 problem. VM are working on a fix, probably a software update.

ozsat 28-11-2022 14:58

Just had a call back from VM stating the it is a SH5 issue and is in their hands for a remote fix - sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunel (Post 36140927)
Started last Fri. approx. it is a HUB 5 problem. VM are working on a fix, probably a software update.

ozsat 29-11-2022 14:46

Although outgoing calls work - have you noticed long calls cutting out?

Brunel 29-11-2022 17:01

Have not used 'phone since fault developed.

ozsat 29-11-2022 18:28

Following a reboot (although might not have been needed) mine is working ok now - thank you spiderplant

Brunel 29-11-2022 20:16

'Phone, now fully functional following reboot.