Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

jobbie8 20-11-2013 21:34

re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I couldn't watch the winner of Virgin Shorts, stuttering every second, I guess everyones watching Netflix via TiVo causing a lot of traffic on network?

johnathome 20-11-2013 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobbie8 (Post 35647371)
I couldn't watch the winner of Virgin Shorts, stuttering every second, I guess everyones watching Netflix via TiVo causing a lot of traffic on network?

I'm going to start my free month in December and then pay for it, if i get stuttering issues i'll be straight on the phone.

How can they offer the speed upgrades if you have problems like this or is it just oversaturation in your area?

nashmills 20-11-2013 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0id (Post 35647272)
Bloomin useless, to say the TiVo is supposed to have its own dedicated 10Mbps line it's slower than some of the Active Digital apps from the old Telewest days.
I didn't even get to the login screen before I got fed up of waiting and booted up the Xbox for Netflix.

I couldn't get Netflix on TiVo to work this evening so went back to my trusty Apple TV. Kept saying there was an error and directed me to netflix.com/help only to find instructions for every device except TiVo. Not impressed.

nashmills 23-11-2013 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashmills (Post 35647401)
I couldn't get Netflix on TiVo to work this evening so went back to my trusty Apple TV. Kept saying there was an error and directed me to netflix.com/help only to find instructions for every device except TiVo. Not impressed.

I had the problem again this afternoon although it has worked fine for the last couple of days. Didn't get the useless suggestion to go to the help page this time. Again no problem with the Apple TV. It's a shame as I had hoped to remove the ATV when we got Neflix on the TiVo.

MaverickJesus 24-11-2013 08:12

I just use my PS3 Netflix, its easier to navigate and works all of the time, instead of randomly.

denphone 24-11-2013 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickJesus (Post 35648693)
I just use my PS3 Netflix, its easier to navigate and works all of the time, instead of randomly.

l have used Netflix on the TiVo every day and it is simply purring along without any problems at all.

johnasimmons 24-11-2013 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35648696)
l have used Netflix on the TiVo every day and it is simply purring along without any problems at all.

Likewise on my 2 Tivos :)

Sirius 24-11-2013 09:35

Quote:

Same here, excellent add-on to the Tivo

LondonRoad 24-11-2013 11:41

I'm new to netflix but have been impressed with quality so far.

One thing I can't fathom is how to use the profiles on the Tivo. I set up a couple of under 12 profiles on the PC but there doesn't seem to be a way to get profiles on the Tivo?...... unless one of you netflix/Tivo experts can tell me differently? ;)

MaverickJesus 24-11-2013 11:51

Quote:

Its well documented how physically and mentally incapable you are of anything other than gushing praise for VM, so that doesn't really surprise me.

passingbat 24-11-2013 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35648736)
I'm new to netflix but have been impressed with quality so far.

One thing I can't fathom is how to use the profiles on the Tivo. I set up a couple of under 12 profiles on the PC but there doesn't seem to be a way to get profiles on the Tivo?...... unless one of you netflix/Tivo experts can tell me differently? ;)

Profiles are currently not on the Tivo Netflix. I believe they plan to add them. I think I read that the version with profiles caused problems, so they had to go back to the non profile version at this point in time.

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickJesus (Post 35648738)
Its well documented how physically and mentally incapable you are of anything other than gushing praise for VM, so that doesn't really surprise me.

Or... the simple fact is, that Den's Netflix experience with Tivo is completely problem free. Why do you doubt that?

joglynne 24-11-2013 12:21

Has anyone yet added the free 6 months to the original 1 month trial?

denphone 24-11-2013 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickJesus (Post 35648738)

Some of us are physically incapable because of certain medical conditions we have but that's alright Sir as l have broad shoulders and secondly l often criticise and praise Virgin and Sky in equal abundance and l also say what l think as l am not one to sit on the fence from the sidelines who hides behind their petticoats.:)

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35648747)
Has anyone yet added the free 6 months to the original 1 month trial?

Yes l have jo and as far as l know the free six months starts after the one month free trial unless Ben can tell us otherwise.

joglynne 24-11-2013 12:36

Just being a tad of a timerous beastie.

I decided to sort out the Netflix this morning and realised that the 1 month trial will, as a result, expire on Christmas Eve. Over the years we seem to have a jinx on Christmas Eve. TVs have thrown a throw a wobbler ... TV exploded one year with various other coincidences including our Ariel being blown off the chimney .. I blame Santa for that one, bad parking on our roof, to loosing all our VM services a couple of years ago.

I just don't want to temp fate by providing an obvious target for the Jinx to go after. :D

frattonstation 24-11-2013 22:24

So if I have the VIP package can i just ask them to cancel Sky Movies and get Netflix instead??? Is it cheaper?