Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Amazon : Carnival Row (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707893)

cupcakes aka dd 20-07-2019 20:49

Carnival Row

Coming 30th August on Amazon.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

At San Diego Comic-Con yesterday, Amazon Studios released a pair of trailers for its upcoming fantasy series, Carnival Row. The two videos introduces the show’s two main characters, Vignette and Philo, as well as the fantastical alternate Victorian world that they inhabit.
Amazon ordered the series back in 2017, describing it as a “Neo-Victorian fantasy” in which a number of mythical creatures have fled their homeland and tried to integrate into our world. In the trailers, we meet Vignette Stonemoss (played by Cara Delvigne) and Rycroft “Philo” Philostrate (played by Orlando Bloom), and learn that the Vignette’s fantastical homeworld was peaceful until humanity arrived and brought war and violence with them. She and Philo met and fell in love, something that seems to be a bit of a taboo pairing in this world

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Viginette and the other centaurs, faeries, fawns, and trolls from her world escape into a city called The Burg, where they set up an enclave. There, they have a difficult time — racism and bigotry are rampant, with fae like her threatened, beaten, and murdered on the streets. Philo is tasked with investigating a string of murders in the city, which could undermine the unsteady peace between humans and creatures

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

At the convention, the cast and crew for the show spoke about how the show draws parallels with the present day. Marc Guggenheim noted that “part of that world is a discussion ... about racism and sexism and classism and spiritualism, and we kind of cover it all and we look at all the different ways that you can differentiate the people and creatures in society, and it makes for a very layered and complex show.”
The series will debut on Amazon Prime Video on August 30th, 2019

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

https://youtu.be/zgOKlKBeFNc

General Maximus 28-07-2019 18:00

Re: Carnival Row

It has been renewed for a second season in advance of its first season debut.

denphone 28-07-2019 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36004445)
It has been renewed for a second season in advance of its first season debut.

It looks good.

Paul 01-09-2019 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36004446)
It looks good.

It was good. :D

Just finished the first season.

I wasnt sure I would like it based on the previews, but it was oddly compelling.

I soon ended up watching all 8 episodes. I look forward to Season 2. :)

denphone 02-09-2019 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 36008387)
It was good. :D

Just finished the first season.

I wasnt sure I would like it based on the previews, but it was oddly compelling.

I soon ended up watching all 8 episodes. I look forward to Season 2. :)

l will get around to watching it soon as sometimes its easy for some to be deceived by previews and flashy trailers and then when one watches some things it ends up as a disappointment.

General Maximus 02-09-2019 20:48

I am working my way through The Dark Crystal atm and then I will be straight on to this.

cupcakes aka dd 14-09-2019 22:46

3rd episode in and I’m hooked. Dark, gritty and holds no punches.

General Maximus 18-09-2019 07:45

I am going to start it tonight. I gave The I-Land ago first but it was short lived :)

SnoopZ 22-09-2019 18:32

Not bad at all, looking forward to the next season, now i need to find something else to binge watch, any recommendations?

General Maximus 22-09-2019 18:41

Have you watched The Dark Crystal yet?

SnoopZ 22-09-2019 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36011131)
Have you watched The Dark Crystal yet?

No don't know anything about it so i will check.

edit.

Think i want something with Humans in it. :)

General Maximus 22-09-2019 19:27

It really is superb, you are missing a treat. I'll think of something more humany. How about rewatching (if you have seen them) Alias, 24 or Heroes?

SnoopZ 22-09-2019 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36011146)
It really is superb, you are missing a treat. I'll think of something more humany. How about rewatching (if you have seen them) Alias, 24 or Heroes?

I may fireup Kodi and give it ago then, hopefully it hasn't been cancelled?

General Maximus 22-09-2019 19:51

Na, it is too mind blowing to be cancelled. I dont know if it was planned as a standalone series because it is a prequel series to the movie but hopefully they'll renew it either way. There is definitely scope for more story telling.

SnoopZ 22-09-2019 20:00

After 12mins I am struggling, so don't think I can keep watching it.