Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   UK BLM leader shot in head. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710039)

RichardCoulter 23-05-2021 22:34

UK BLM leader shot in head.

Leading Black Lives Matter activist Sasha Johnson has been shot in the head:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...d-57223755.amp

Paul 23-05-2021 23:19

Re: UK BLM leader shot in head.

Odd.

Quote:

Police said at this stage there was no evidence to suggest it was a targeted shooting or that she had received any credible threats against her prior to the incident.
So it was just a random shooting, or are they saying she shot herself ?

nomadking 23-05-2021 23:37

How is it odd, when this sort of incident is a routine occurrence.
Link
Quote:

The Metropolitan Police said a 27-year-old woman was shot shortly before 03:00 at a gathering in Southwark.
It is believed that the shooting occurred near a house where a party was taking place and that a number of people may have been in the area, a Met police statement said.
It's either shootings or stabbings that take place.
Eg
Quote:

Detectives are hunting for a gunman who shot an innocent woman as two gangs clashed during the filming of a music video.
Police said the 32 year-old victim, a bystander, was hit by a bullet fired during the confrontation in Hackney.

A group had been filming a video at Broadway Market before a row broke out with a gang.

1andrew1 24-05-2021 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36080516)
How is it odd, when this sort of incident is a routine occurrence.

Who's saying it odd, or alternatively that it's a routine occurrence, when the BLM UK leader is shot and in a critical state?

nomadking 24-05-2021 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36080520)
Who's saying it odd, or alternatively that it's a routine occurrence, when the BLM UK leader is shot and in a critical state?

Can't you see the post from Paul, which starts with the word "Odd".

jfman 24-05-2021 00:59

I think the “odd” refers to being shot in while not considered targeted.

Most people safely go around their day to day lives without getting shot at random. Where they do it usually relates to organised crime, gangs, terrorism or mass shootings (thankfully rare).

Suspect there’s more to it.

nomadking 24-05-2021 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36080522)

Most people safely go around their day to day lives without getting shot at random. Where they do it usually relates to organised crime, gangs, terrorism or mass shootings (thankfully rare).

Nothing that odd about a non-targeted shooting or stabbing at a gathering or party in the circumstances.

Mr K 24-05-2021 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36080524)
Nothing that odd about a non-targeted shooting or stabbing at a gathering or party in the circumstances.

I'm not going to the parties you go to then ...

Pierre 24-05-2021 10:02

Quote:

I think that is how most would read it.

Quote:

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the shooter. if indeed there is a third party involved, isn't white.

Carth 24-05-2021 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36080537)
I think that is how most would read it.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the shooter. if indeed there is a third party involved, isn't white.

Don't bounce or jump about, you'll have us both down ;)

Damien 24-05-2021 10:18

Gun crime is quite rare even in London, against random people 'i.e not targetted' it's even rarer. It is odd.

Hugh 24-05-2021 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36080542)
Gun crime is quite rare even in London, against random people 'i.e not targetted' it's even rarer. It is odd.

Another recent "odd" shooting in London

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south...-blue-20650245

Quote:

A shooting in Croydon that has left a man with life-changing injuries was “out the blue”, according to the victim’s wife.

Metropolitan Police officers were called to a South London hospital after a 42-year-old man self-presented with a gunshot wound.

The man told officers that, a short time earlier, he had been shot by two men in South End, a short distance from the Skylark Wetherspoon pub, at around 2.50am on Friday (May 21).

nomadking 24-05-2021 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36080542)

The talk of "targeted attack" is purely to force the bogus agenda, and hide the truth of matters.
A targeted attack at a gathering of supposedly innocent non-gang members would be odd, whereas a shooting, unintentional or otherwise, at a gathering of BLM supporters isn't. The existence of "Operation Trident" was proof of that.

Jimmy-J 24-05-2021 12:14

Quote:

Drive-by gunmen shot 'Black Panther of Oxford' Sasha Johnson in the head as they opened fire on house party after 'dispute between rival gangs' - and she was NOT the intended target, says one of her friends
Daily Mail

1andrew1 24-05-2021 12:32

Quote:

Got it - more haste and less speed on my part!

Agree that it seems odd but reading the Daily Mail story above suggests wrong place, wrong time. Hmm.