Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Calls from Virgin Media (NOT) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710225)

Hom3r 15-07-2021 15:18

Calls from Virgin Media (NOT)

I'm getting annoyed, in the last two days I've had 10 calls claiming to be from VM.

The person has an Indian accent, I tell them "YOU ARE NOT FROM VM AND STOP CALLING", i then hang up and block the number.

They vary from 05, 08, & 020 numbers. The 05 numbers it does say VOIP number.

Doing a Google search, and they don't come up as anything other than india.

I guess next time, just hang up without answering.

I'm getting to the stage to telling them to fuff off.

Carth 15-07-2021 15:32

Re: Calls from Virgin Media (NOT)

Next time, ask them for proof they're a VM employee and also where is the £67 refund that you were promised on the last call :D

Taf 15-07-2021 15:47

I am a bit more curt in my response to these calls. FOUR in one hour the other day.

I now tell them to "Far Cough".

Carth 15-07-2021 15:56

I have many 'routines' for these type of callers . . the latest being that whoever they ask to speak to sadly died last week . . . sometimes I manage to ramble on for over 30 seconds about burnt beyond recognition, bodies recovered from rubble, shouldn't have taken that flight etc etc before they hang up.

Yes I know, too much time on my hands now I'm retired :D

Hugh 15-07-2021 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36086324)
I have many 'routines' for these type of callers . . the latest being that whoever they ask to speak to sadly died last week . . . sometimes I manage to ramble on for over 30 seconds about burnt beyond recognition, bodies recovered from rubble, shouldn't have taken that flight etc etc before they hang up.

Yes I know, too much time on my hands now I'm retired :D

Best approach- when I get the "I hear you’ve been in a car accident" cold call, I ask which one?

When they query this, I ask if it’s the one where I suffered whiplash, or the one where I had to have my leg amputated, or the one where I died?

GrimUpNorth 15-07-2021 23:56

When I get the 'We're calling about your recent car accident' I normally reply with that's quick as they're still cutting me out of the wreckage!

I also enjoy the calls telling me my NI number has been cancelled and they're about to ask the Old Bill to come round to lock me up! I tell them that'll save me a few quid every month and thank for the heads up so I skip town!

Sirius 16-07-2021 08:05

If it is the old "we are from Openreach call" i am now experimenting with using a virtual machine to wind them up. It still at the beginning and i am still learning but i am getting there :)

If its the "police will be informed" i just say i have a bag packed and i will wait for them to come and pick me up :)

If it is the accident one i just claim i don't have a licence and have never driven a car.

spiderplant 16-07-2021 10:00

We used to get calls on the landline, trying to get us to switch phone provider. In the end I told them "sorry, we don't have a phone". They didn't call again.

Mr K 16-07-2021 13:49

i don't get cold calls, mainly because i never give my number out - top tip that.

Carth 16-07-2021 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36086449)
i don't get cold calls, mainly because i never give my number out - top tip that.

You need to upgrade from that Nokia 8146 Mr K ;)

Dude111 17-07-2021 09:40

Ask for thier employee number and tell them you will ring them back.....