Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Happy Birthday to Cable Forum (18, Today) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710158)

Cable Forum 20-06-2021 00:01

Happy Birthday to Cable Forum (18, Today)

:birthday: to Cable Forum - from all the team at Cable Forum. :cleader:

TheDaddy 20-06-2021 00:43

Re: Happy Birthday to Cable Forum

Happy birthday, fancy a beer now you're legal.

Russ 20-06-2021 06:05

Wow I remember the day well, my daughter was a month away from being born...

Cobbydaler 20-06-2021 07:11

Happy Birthday!

Chris 20-06-2021 08:39

Wow! I remember this so well. Russ, you conducted the most epic piece of spamming ever to go unpunished at nthellworld.com, everyone was waiting for the mysterious Keyser and his crew of the usual suspects to push the go-live button, and I had to go away for the weekend ... at a time when if you couldn’t get your hands on an actual computer, you couldn’t get online. I got home on Sunday night, about 48 hours post launch IIRC, and found you lot had let hell loose on NTL. :D. Fun times indeed.

Maggy 20-06-2021 09:57

:cleader::cleader::cleader::cleader:Happy birthday..:cleader::cleader::cleader::cleader:

Cable Forum 20-06-2021 10:20

Glad to have been a major player in the rebirth of nthellworld all those years ago, free from the grasps of NTL.

Quote:

nthellworld was one of the first mainstream independent consumer lobby groups in the United Kingdom, whose main focal point was British ISP and Cable television company ntl Group. nthellworld.com was created by Frank Whitestone, a university student, in November 2000 to create a community where people could discuss NTL issues, submit their own views of the company and publicise ntl's failings.

Frank Whitestone later joined NTL and sold nthellworld.com to them in the process. ntl:home, as the consumer division of the NTL was known (now Virgin Media), closed nthellworld.com in November 2003. However, in June 2003 after foreseeing the closure of the original nthellworld site by NTL, Neil Crayne and Mick Ramsden, launched a new version of nthellworld using the domain nthellworld.co.uk, which was purchased from its original owner by Frank Whitestone as an insurance policy shortly after joining NTL. In February 2004, nthellworld was renamed Cable Forum in preparation for an NTL - Telewest merger and to shift the emphasis of nthellworld in a positive direction. In October 2005, merger plans were confirmed by ntl and Telewest boards. NTL (Now Virgin Media) provides an official community forum for its customers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nthellworld

To ALL Members.

As a Co-Owner and one of the original founders of this website and a former Administrator of the original nthellworld.com, who had foreseen what ntl was doing to nthellworld.com - I cannot thank you enough for your continued participation. 21 years strong (Includes the 3 years on the original). Thank you!

Mick (AKA from the first day of launch, Dr Plummer) - Paul (Pem) and the rest of the Cable Forum Team. :D

joglynne 20-06-2021 10:20

Happy 18th Birthday to all the old codgers who helped set up this forum. :D Hope you are all here for many many years to come.

Jo xx to you all.

denphone 20-06-2021 10:53

Re: Happy Birthday to Cable Forum (18, Today)

Happy Birthday.:birthday::birthday::beer::beer:

gba93 20-06-2021 12:32

Happy Birthday :birthday: and thanks to all who set it up originally and to those who contribute.

heero_yuy 20-06-2021 14:08

Happy birthday and thank you for giving a home to the refugees from ntlhell.com, myself among them.

Dude111 12-08-2021 09:24

Happy birthday to the site!!!