Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33690400)

denphone 30-10-2012 21:22

Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Media giant Disney has purchased movie and TV production house Lucasfilm for $4.05B in cash and stock. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga. Lucasfilm founder George Lucas will act as a creative consultant for the next film.

http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/10/...ash-and-stock/

:hyper::hyper:

Hom3r 30-10-2012 21:28

re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

http://news.sky.com/story/1004857/di...s-film-company

Jameseh 30-10-2012 21:34

Disney have done well with Marvel and The Avengers so hopefully they will do as well with Star Wars.

Will21st 30-10-2012 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35490584)
Media giant Disney has purchased movie and TV production house Lucasfilm for $4.05B in cash and stock. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga. Lucasfilm founder George Lucas will act as a creative consultant for the next film.

http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/10/...ash-and-stock/

:hyper::hyper:

That new films were coming hasn't really been news for a while now,but Disney buying Lucasfilm.... wow :shocked:

I guess this mean we will get a new 3D Star Wars movie and Avatar 2 3D in 2015!! :shocked:
What a year that is going to be!

Tezcatlipoca 30-10-2012 22:01

Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

This is (potentially) awesome news :)

More Star Wars films... without George to mess them up! :D

tizmeinnit 30-10-2012 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35490613)

I dunno how I feel about this. The fact its Disney means it will not be dark gritty and bloody which is what I really want to see from a new Star Wars movie

denphone 30-10-2012 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35490622)
I dunno how I feel about this. The fact its Disney means it will not be dark gritty and bloody which is what I really want to see from a new Star Wars movie

Yes it will be interesting on how that go about doing these further films and what possible new characters we will possibly see.

Will21st 30-10-2012 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35490613)

Well,he is staying on as a creative consultant :p:

v0id 30-10-2012 22:24

Quote:

All 6 Star Wars films films were rated U by the BBFC. Are you expecting Disney to change that?

tizmeinnit 30-10-2012 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0id (Post 35490634)
All 6 Star Wars films films were rated U by the BBFC. Are you expecting Disney to change that?

No if you read my post properly I clearly state Disney will not provide the movie I want

Oh and btw revenge of the sith was a 12 ;)

oh deary me 1 and 2 were PG

Maggy 30-10-2012 22:52

I adore Science Fiction..but frankly most of the SF films produced at the moment are just plain total tat..full of 2 dimensional people and all about special effects.

I tend to be serious about my SF and I don't actually read any comic books and frankly the science in them is crap.However this is what seems to be leading the SF film market.That and endlessly franchised crap.

The last really good SF film that had any real worth was Gattaca..it did what SF is suppose to do.It explored ideas and shunned action.Dialogue and plot were all and the acting was superb.But then a film with Jude Law,Ethan Hawke would bound to have good acting.What's more it's a believable just possible futuristic view of a future world.

Sadly I cannot see how a 7th film of a increasingly ridiculous franchise with be really worth making let alone viewing especially if cutesy wutesy Disney are involved.:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I loved Star Wars and Star Trek but I have grown up and I now want some really good SF.I am fed up with Hollywood milking the continuous franchises and spin offs and reboots.

I want something NEW. And thank heavens there was NEVER a Blade Runner 2...

ThunderPants73 30-10-2012 22:54

The three 'new' SW films were dire. Why make more? The originals have never been, and never will be improved upon.

Stuart 30-10-2012 22:58

Quote:

You ever seen Pulp Fiction? That was technically a Disney movie as Disney owned Miramax (the studio that produced Pulp Fiction) when it was produced.

Disney apparently have a rule. They will only produce family friendly films under the Disney name (to protect the image) but subsidiary studios are free to produce films in whatever genre they want.

tizmeinnit 30-10-2012 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35490661)
You ever seen Pulp Fiction? That was technically a Disney movie as Disney owned Miramax (the studio that produced Pulp Fiction) when it was produced.

Disney apparently have a rule. They will only produce family friendly films under the Disney name (to protect the image) but subsidiary studios are free to produce films in whatever genre they want.

Do you honestly think they will make a grown up Star Wars? I doubt it but I hope they do

dilli-theclaw 30-10-2012 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35490657)
I adore Science Fiction..but frankly most of the SF films produced at the moment are just plain total tat..full of 2 dimensional people and all about special effects.

I tend to be serious about my SF and I don't actually read any comic books and frankly the science in them is crap.However this is what seems to be leading the SF film market.That and endlessly franchised crap.

The last really good SF film that had any real worth was Gattaca..it did what SF is suppose to do.It explored ideas and shunned action.Dialogue and plot were all and the acting was superb.But then a film with Jude Law,Ethan Hawke would bound to have good acting.What's more it's a believable just possible futuristic view of a future world.

Sadly I cannot see how a 7th film of a increasingly ridiculous franchise with be really worth making let alone viewing especially if cutesy wutesy Disney are involved.:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I loved Star Wars and Star Trek but I have grown up and I now want some really good SF.I am fed up with Hollywood milking the continuous franchises and spin offs and reboots.

I want something NEW. And thank heavens there was NEVER a Blade Runner 2...

Yet . Blade runner two is in development.