Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD : Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698526)

nicko 31-08-2014 08:18

Re: Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

It seems to me nuts to look at Virgin or Sky customers for the internet streams most of it is originating in America on NBC sports, who have every game available, are the Premier league going to stop the service to America to get on top it, are they f**k, too much like cutting their own lucrative throats!

I dare I say it but it's suits the other American sports to keep it coming too!

muppetman11 31-08-2014 10:25

Can't say it really bothers me , a number in the top right hand corner doesn't really spoil my viewing , if anything BT Sport irritates me the most with that stupid BT Box gimmick they insist on continuing with.

andy_m 31-08-2014 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35725464)
Can't say it really bothers me , a number in the top right hand corner doesn't really spoil my viewing , if anything BT Sport irritates me the most with that stupid BT Box gimmick they insist on continuing with.

At first I quite liked the BT Box, but I was watching the Burnley match yesterday, and realised that there is usually such a long gap between an incident and the resulting restart that it's very rarely actually necessary. I'm even getting a bit fed up with Michael Owen, despite still believing that when somebody with his experience has an opinion it's worth hearing.

And because of the BT graphics being at the bottom of the screen (which I still don't mind, for now) the security number is more noticeable than it is with Sky, and the funny heart shape is barely noticeable. In the pub it's a huge pint glass and with NowTV it's a solid white square so the funny shape is nothing.

Johnnos 09-09-2019 22:11

they do it to differentiate platforms as now tv has the rectangle.

Tricky Trevor 10-09-2019 12:26

wow..a 5 year old thread

OLD BOY 10-09-2019 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnos (Post 36009569)
they do it to differentiate platforms as now tv has the rectangle.

A 'better late than never' response from you, johnnos! :p:

jb66 10-09-2019 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by browneggsandham (Post 35725392)
Really doesn't bother me if I'm honest, but I'm struggling to understand the need for the heart. Surely if there if it is a business subscription then the pint will be on display. The lack of a pint glass is therefore enough to demonstrate that it isn't. I don't see how an extra symbol adds any further certainty?

Its easy to hide the beer glass by putting a beer mat over the screen, you need a random shape in a random place to detect where is the fraud is originating from.

Many services that are illegal permanently blur the bottom right of the screen, this means the detection has to move around.