Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Post-Brexit Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703180)

RBMark 25-06-2016 23:14

Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35845658)
The poll is based on a large enough sample size for any other conclusion to be outside the margin of error, so fact.

Whether I agree with the poll is irrelevant to it being factual or not, but I do. I've no reason not to as I've seen no data that disagrees. I can't take ownership of his organisation's work hence the facts aren't mine, however the citation is.

Polls done by multiple companies repeated his findings. YouGov come to mind immediately.

I'm happily voicing my own opinions as freely as possible within the scope of the forum rules.

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Unhelpful or not that's the data. We've had plenty enough suppression of facts before the vote from the various BS-mongers. Whether it presents the result in a good or a bad light it is what it is and it doesn't change anything.

There will be plenty of other facts that are unhelpful and will damage the UK. Anyone who claims that we won't at least in the short term be harmed in some ways by the decision is either lying or deluded.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Can't fix problems until you've identified them.

<removed>

Gavin78 25-06-2016 23:20

I'm relatively low educated my maths is crap and so is my spelling, I got low grades in school and as I got older just about managed to get myself through Uni to get a Foundation Degree/HND.

I have had different jobs in the manufacturing industry, served 2 years in the Navy (wasn't for me) and now work for the NHS as a Band 2 clinical support worker on 18k a year.

Take it how you want. I still got a vote and I voted out.

We could talk about all these EU GOVs and even our own who are much better educated than me but then where has that got us.

Sometimes common sense out weighs education don't you think

Hugh 25-06-2016 23:21

Just a reminder - it is against the Site's Acceptable Use Policy to use words that invoke the swear filter.

Repetition of this behaviour may invoke the Infraction System.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35295114-post5.html
Quote:

There should be no need for swearing or other bad language. If a reasonable parent wouldn't want a word uttered by their child, then it shouldn't be used on Cable Forum.

The site does have a profanity filter but regular asterisk use in posts will be unwelcome and an indication that your language is inappropriate. The filter is extensive but not every unsuitable word or variation of it will be caught. Please don't try and circumvent the filter by use of alternative spellings.

Gavin78 25-06-2016 23:29

I do like how first we get called a Racist for voting out now we are being called uneducated for voting out.

Ignitionnet 25-06-2016 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBMark (Post 35845661)
<removed>

I must've missed the part where you were able to tell other members whether they were voicing their personal views or had the right to know how they voted in secret ballots.

My mistake.

I've posted plenty of things on here I regret. I remember them just fine, and it reminds me to try and be better.

Voicing my opinion as requested you are likely someone who has been a member here before and been banned, possibly due to losing your temper and posting things like the above.

Regardless, please do thank your reminding me what a stroppy tool I used to be for my not rising to it.

I've no idea whether you are rich or poor, educated or not, after that post you are someone I've zero interest in further dialogue with. :)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2016/06/19.jpg

*Click-burr*.

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35845666)
I do like how first we get called a Racist for voting out now we are being called uneducated for voting out.

Anyone who tars everyone who voted leave with either of those brushes is being no better than the behaviour they accused you of.

Of course some racist people voted to leave because they are racist. Obviously plenty of people without a trace of racism also voted to leave.

As far as uneducated goes, most less educated people voted leave, far from all people who voted leave are uneducated. That's what the data says.

Gary L 25-06-2016 23:35

A lot of people voted leave as a protest vote against Dave.
well done lads. we got the bonus.

but don't tell anyone that you voted for the wrong thing. otherwise they may use that as an excuse to forfeit the referendum.

TheDaddy 25-06-2016 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35845666)

How is it racist to vote against being part of a club where everyone else is white, it's lazy and anyone who labels another that based on this vote is the uneducated one, that is of course unless you used a crayon on your ballot form and then ate it.

Oh and I found ann in the east Midlands comment quite sad

Ignitionnet 25-06-2016 23:43

Not proud of this - government needs to reassure people.

Gary L 25-06-2016 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35845641)
its good job we wuz lernt to yewz a pencul init coz weez wun x

Its funney cuz a lot ov us yews x as ower sig nacher

RBMark 25-06-2016 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35845673)
Not proud of this - government needs to reassure people.

Could remind us all of the reasons you stated as to why you were priced out of living in London?

Julian 25-06-2016 23:58

So a poll suggests the demographic of those that voted out.

Well excuse me if I suggest that the poll is anything but fact given the polls' inability to correctly predict the result of the referendum.....

RBMark 26-06-2016 00:01

Also when will the EU loving remain voting super tolerant London start housing the many immigrants living on its streets? Instead of using 24 hour dispersal orders to leave them homeless for another 24 hours?

Because if these and I hate to use the word "immigrants" lived in the racist leave voting places north of London they would be in emergency accomadation leading to a permanent home. I'm sick of racist intolerant London being responsible for Britain being branded racist!!

Gary L 26-06-2016 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBMark (Post 35845678)
Also when will the EU loving remain voting super tolerant London start housing the many immigrants living on its streets? Instead of using 24 hour dispersal orders to leave them homeless for another 24 hours?

Because if these and I hate to use the word "immigrants" lived in the racist leave voting places north of London they would be in emergency accomadation leading to a permanent home. I'm sick of racist intolerant London being responsible for Britain being branded racist!!

You make me proud to be British sometimes.

London makes me sick!

RBMark 26-06-2016 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35845681)
You make me proud to be British sometimes.

London makes me sick!

No matter what , this referendum has united Britain, but it has also united England. There is No going back! Millionaires will tell us we are doomed, none millionaires won't really notice a difference.

RizzyKing 26-06-2016 00:31

I think generalisations on all sides need to stop my wealthy brother voted leave as did many of his social circle that's one of the things remain failed to grasp a desire for sovereignty existed in all social classes and backgrounds. I also believe that's why the economic scare tactics failed so miserably as I asked on this forum what price independence and sovereignty and those were two strong motivator's to leave that remain could never counter.

I think I'm going to take a break from forums and social media in general for a bit as all the sore loser whining is annoying me and it's ironic because it's the attitude of remain that created the disconnect between institution and the people that created this whole situation in the first place the complete belief that you are right and anyone that disagrees is wrong, what goes round comes around.