Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ntl budget cutbacks (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=23494)

Womble 02-02-2005 15:13

ntl budget cutbacks

For Sale - One Communications Company (ntl)
Good Runner - Good Network - Good Staff - Very good Products
Requires the following;
Major overhaul of upper and middle managment (most need sacking !)
Staff require tlc, and being showed they are valued by the company

Has been poorly run for a number of years but still shows an operating profit!

This could be your chance to own the No1 communication company in the UK.

PS: Time is running out, the company is about to go bust!

etccarmageddon 02-02-2005 16:06

Re: For Sale

erm wrong forum area - this should be in the FOR SALE or (UN)WANTED area!

:)

Neil 02-02-2005 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble
For Sale - One Communications Company (ntl)
Good Runner - Good Network - Good Staff - Very good Products
Requires the following;
Major overhaul of upper and middle managment (most need sacking !)
Staff require tlc, and being showed they are valued by the company

Has been poorly run for a number of years but still shows an operating profit!

This could be your chance to own the No1 communication company in the UK.

PS: Time is running out, the company is about to go bust!

Can you be a bit more specific please Womble-I think I know what you are referring to.....

STONEISLAND 02-02-2005 16:20

Yeah like the cost?

ikthius 02-02-2005 16:24

:notopic: womble, do you have that bike, the one in your avatar, as a large jpeg file ?

ik

Neil 02-02-2005 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by skunk4u
Yeah like the cost?

I *think* what Womble is referring to is a major announcement to ntl staff today about things like evening calls outs/overtime being heavily restricted/stopped.

I heard a whisper earlier today, so I'm presuming that's what is being referred to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikthius
:notopic: womble, do you have that bike, the one in your avatar, as a large jpeg file ?

ik

Take it to PM pls Ik. :)

Womble 02-02-2005 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by skunk4u
Yeah like the cost?

About a quid by the time our beloved managment have finished screwing it up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
I *think* what Womble is referring to is a major announcement to ntl staff today about things like evening calls outs/overtime being heavily restricted/stopped.

I heard a whisper earlier today, so I'm presuming that's what is being referred to.

Done, sent you a PM Ik

STONEISLAND 02-02-2005 16:47

Quote:

About a quid by the time our beloved managment have finished screwing it up!

:scratch: Hmmmmmmmm May take you up on that. Need to count my pennies :tu:

Womble 02-02-2005 16:50

Quote:

Can you be a bit more specific please Womble-I think I know what you are referring to.....

Sorry, wrote the post in the wrong frame of mind...... can't belive they can do even more damage to an already beleagured company!!

anyone fancy a tear up?? come on its theraputic!! :)

Florence 02-02-2005 17:11

Quote:

Sorry, wrote the post in the wrong frame of mind...... can't belive they can do even more damage to an already beleagured company!!

anyone fancy a tear up?? come on its theraputic!! :)

All I can say is

Quote:

In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative original thinker unless you can also sell what you create. Management cannot be expected to recognize a good idea unless it is presented to them by a good salesman.
David M. Ogilvy

hairy_mick 02-02-2005 20:14

what the company lacks is the balls to admit the new system ie harmony has caused major hart ache for customers and staff alike sky have been the benifactors of this. The rot set in when the shareholders
wanted a quick kill get as many on and take the money and run.

Halcyon 02-02-2005 20:25

How much is post and packaging ?
And do we get all the green street boxes too ?

Escapee 02-02-2005 20:49

Quote:

I heard earlier this week, not sure if theres any connection to whats being discussed here, that all non-essential maintenance is being stopped...I Never knew they were doing any maintenance.

I guess Womble has been in a meeting this week!

I think this was specifically aimed at network upgrades and resegs etc, the guy telling me said it was amazing that they are cutting costs at a time when they are launching vod etc. All service affecting changes have to be carried out on an out-of hours basis, and this is as always caused a big impact on overtime pay. (Although I understood they were tricking the vendor into paying most of this ;) )

Also they are looking at wroking practices in the region/regions, and the minimum amount of cover they can get away with out of hours. He said it looks like they are going to change things back to how they were before they messed about with them.

I have told you all before, there is a big financial problem with ntl. There is absolutely zero money available, and after they have cut staff to the bone redundancies are not a big saver anymore. I have exchanged a few PM's with one employee and told him of a department that will be hit before the end of this year, it looks very likely that support functions carried out by the most skilled employees ntl have will come under attack. It also looks like this time around jobs will not be created to keep people.
It was also rumoured that many of the administrative posts created after the big re-shuffle will also come under scrutiny, this is a sad shame for the people affected if this is true but there is a big question mark over why so many admin posts were created after the big re-shuffle.

ntl is in big bother, the shareholders have tried to cut corners and make a quick buck. A few employees have been taken in by their actions, but at last it looks like their plans are breaking at the seams.

ntl's problems were not just financial before they went into chapter 11, they were just as much about how the company operates. Making people redundant and then creating new "jobs for the boys" will hopefully not happen this time around.

Neil 02-02-2005 20:54

All-We are currently preparing a news item regarding today's situation, & will post it up as soon as we possibly can. :)

th'engineer 02-02-2005 22:00

thought you would buy it neil :D or is it the AA thats buying it