Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   BT Sports on Sky (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33701191)

Superblade7 04-08-2015 23:17

BT Sports on Sky

Hi Guys,

I've recently switched my TV from VM to Sky and have been considering adding BT Sports to my package. I've seen the price for the BT Sport HD pack is £23.99 (plus £15 activation!!:mad:) for Sky customers which is fairly pricey as I've no real interest in the Champions League and would only really want BT Sport 1 & 2 for the EPL and FA Cup games.

I see BT customers can opt for a BT Sport Lite option and just get BT Sport 1 but it looks like us Sky customers have to have all or nothing.

Before I ring up and end up with one of the offshore contact centres, I just wondered whether any of you guys had been in touch with BT to ask a similar question as to whether you can split the channels?

Or failing that, has anyone had any joy getting any offers from them for a reduced rate on the full pack?

Thanks in advance :)

muppetman11 05-08-2015 06:11

Re: BT Sports on Sky

You could always ring and try to get a deal , sadly BT have priced their product in such a way that it's not particularly appealing to Sky customers unless you elect to take BT's Broadband.

Ironic really when BT consistently moan about Sky and it's alleged anti competitive practices.

denphone 05-08-2015 07:04

Yes its a bit like calling the kettle black.

Superblade7 06-08-2015 21:14

Rang BT last night and again today and explained I'd like BT Sport 1 & 2 for the EPL / FA Cup games but have no interest in Champions League. They said they can't offer non-BT customers with Sky anything other than the full bundle for £19.99 + £4.00 HD.

Clearly playing hardball with Sky customers!

denphone 07-08-2015 05:42

Utterly disgraceful in my book.:(:td:

Chrysalis 07-08-2015 07:21

This is what enforced competition has done.

Back in the days when sky had all the uk aired EPL games and champions league, it was cheaper as didnt have to pay 2 providers.

I think its a mugs game paying for sky anyway, NBC sports has all the EPL games including 3pm kickoffs for about 1/5 of the price.

If you want to watch via comfort of hdtv in the living room, get a amazon firetv box and is an app can use to watch nbc sports on it.

Superblade7 07-08-2015 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35792370)
This is what enforced competition has done.

Back in the days when sky had all the uk aired EPL games and champions league, it was cheaper as didnt have to pay 2 providers.

Guess we got Ofcom to thank for that as clearly competition and the EPL games split between two providers is better for the consumer! :confused:

judgey 09-08-2015 23:01

Plenty of ways to watch all the matches without a subscription to either Sky or VM :)

rainer 21-08-2015 15:06

Im a Sky customer and i pay £16.50 for BT Sports HD package..

Superblade7 21-08-2015 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainer (Post 35794617)

That's better than the £23.99 I was quoted. Do you have BT broadband?

rainer 21-08-2015 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superblade7 (Post 35794636)

No, i have the full package with Sky, TV, Broadband and phone line. I took out BT Sport when i moved to Sky in March last year as i am a massive UFC fan so needed it.

Superblade7 23-08-2015 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainer (Post 35794667)
No, i have the full package with Sky, TV, Broadband and phone line. I took out BT Sport when i moved to Sky in March last year as i am a massive UFC fan so needed it.

They must have let you keep it on the old price then. I think one of my mates who'd had BT Sports on Sky for a while got a letter saying his was going up from about £13 to £24 and he told them to shove it so they kept him on his current price.

Guessing I switched to Sky at just the wrong time as BT were launching Champions League. Although to be fair, I've been enjoying the Saturday lunchtime Championship games on Sky Sports when I'm not at the mighty Blades games so in all honesty I've not been missing BT Sports at all.

Paul 23-08-2015 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainer (Post 35794617)

If I were you, I would check thats what you are still paying.
Thats how much I was paying until the last bill came through last week, which had the new price rises on it (making it £23.99).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superblade7 (Post 35794636)

Yep, thats the price now.
The day after I got the new bill, I rang up and cancelled it.
They actually offered to reduce it to the old price (not sure how long for), but I told them no.

The stupid part is that had they not put it up, I would not have cancelled it.
The rise prompted me to think about about how much it was really used, and I decided it wasnt worth even the old price to me.

telegramsam 02-07-2017 21:25

Just switched from Virgin to Sky and was wondering if I should sub to BT Sports,having seen the cost I don't think I'll bother,too pricey. As others have said it really isn't better for the customer to have sport on more than one provider. I might just ring them up though and see if they'll do me a deal.

nodrogd 03-07-2017 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35905980)
Just switched from Virgin to Sky and was wondering if I should sub to BT Sports,having seen the cost I don't think I'll bother,too pricey. As others have said it really isn't better for the customer to have sport on more than one provider. I might just ring them up though and see if they'll do me a deal.

The joys of having an open system like satellite. Like it or not subscribing to BT Sports in this way there are no deals to be done, so no reductions to be had, as neither BT nor Sky will gain anything by you subscribing to both services.