Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : V6 issue this morning. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706367)

DVD Cinema 17-05-2018 09:44

Re: V6 issue this morning.

Catch up tv, unless in hd from the BBC, is of very low bitrate and will pixelate. Best to record for best quality im afraid.

The Yank 17-05-2018 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Cinema (Post 35947108)
Catch up tv, unless in hd from the BBC, is of very low bitrate and will pixelate. Best to record for best quality im afraid.

thanks for that

spiderplant 17-05-2018 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35947093)
Getting the wheel of death every time I try to view a recording this morning - this happened during the previous problems

There is a server outage this morning. It is being worked on as a matter of urgency. Please bear with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yank (Post 35947106)
yesterday I was getting SEVERE pixilation when using catch-up. Rebooting the box sorted it but surely this is a weakness in the V6 box. I have had to reboot a few times in the past though pixilation was worse yesterday.

Not normal behaviour. You should report it to VM.

Mr K 17-05-2018 10:44

Yes I missed a crucial episode of 'Hi De Hi' due to a poor signal, how will i ever catch up ? :cry:

denphone 17-05-2018 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35947125)
Yes I missed a crucial episode of 'Hi De Hi' due to a poor signal, how will i ever catch up ? :cry:

Go on YouTube as it might be on there Mr K.

Raider999 17-05-2018 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35947123)
There is a server outage this morning. It is being worked on as a matter of urgency. Please bear with it.

Not normal behaviour. You should report it to VM.

These problems seem to be more frequent recently.

OLD BOY 17-05-2018 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Cinema (Post 35947108)

It depends on the provider.

The Virgin Exclusives are good quality, but I don't often use the on demand service apart from that and the BBC i-Player, which is good. The Sky stuff seems to be all right as well, come to think of it.

RichardCoulter 17-05-2018 14:14

A few times i've found that Sky Cinema on demand immediately makes the box freeze and require a reboot to get out of it.

I now always make sure that there's nothing recording before attempting to use it just in case.

OLD BOY 17-05-2018 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35947164)
A few times i've found that Sky Cinema on demand immediately makes the box freeze and require a reboot to get out of it.

I now always make sure that there's nothing recording before attempting to use it just in case.

I've never had that. Worth reporting?

RichardCoulter 17-05-2018 19:44

Not really worth it as it's only happened about four times in the last 6 months.

Raider999 19-05-2018 22:36

Interesting how my recordings are stored.

Downstairs V6 lists the NRL, Super Rugby, Aviva Premier and Super League in stacks as per normal.

Upstairs V6 has separate entries for each recording.

Any ideas why?

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35947392)
Interesting how my recordings are stored.

Downstairs V6 lists the NRL, Super Rugby, Aviva Premier and Super League in stacks as per normal.

Upstairs V6 has separate entries for each recording.

Any ideas why?

I can answer my own question. For some reason I was viewing recordings using the sport selection on the upstairs box rather than All as I usually do.

Not sure why this shows them individually though - just a quirk I suppose.

heavyside 11-06-2018 10:04

Lately my V6 has been recording duplicate episodes of programmes. It has happened several times and often seems to be a repeat of the final episode of a series. In each case I set my recording preferences to 'new only' 'HD if possible' and to a specific channel if relevant. It seems that if a programme is marked 'new' in the guide then it will be recorded irrespective of whether it has already been recorded or not. All of the duplicate recordings are marked as 'new'. Far better than missing a recording but odd all the same. Anyone else experienced similar?