Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797] (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33628733)

tdadyslexia 16-06-2008 02:46

Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:

Originally Posted by phormwatch (Post 34576332)
[Snip]
Where/to whom do we donate money for the Google adwords fund?

To AlexanderHanff on https://nodpi.org

Sparkytus 16-06-2008 03:02

I must say that I only found out about this "Deep Packet Intrusion" thing a short time ago, half an hour ago in fact, and I'm still reading up on it through the NoDPI.org site.

I, like member "Delta Whiskey" who posted (#40), use FF & Ad-Block Plus, though I don't use any list, I just block what I don't like to see.

I do have reservations about people's surfing habits being "Sold" though, why does money have to rule (ruin) everything these days?

My two cents, as they say.

TTFN, Sparkytus.

bluecar1 16-06-2008 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdadyslexia (Post 34576325)
That is scary to think a child could do that, But the MP shouldn't allow their child to use the Computer that is ment to be used for work. :shocked:

this is a point i have made to BT on several occasions and just get back it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to ensure I educate the users on my network???

i am waiting for a reply from dear emma regarding this and other issues, hopefully in the next few days

if BT / Phorm can't know who is surfing HOW can they know WHO is accepting the contract and if they can LEGALLY accept the initial change in T's and C's, UNLESS THEY HAVE ACCESS TO BT's CUSTOMER DATABASE!!!

warescouse 16-06-2008 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdadyslexia (Post 34576328)
I think that this quote is appropriate from cablehell forum ;)

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...BT_(old_T).png

Very good, not seen that quote before :)

AlexanderHanff 16-06-2008 09:02

Sneak preview of the new design for NoDPI.Org

The colours are just place holders. Let me know what you think.

Alexander Hanff

Privacy_Matters 16-06-2008 09:32

Guys just seen this blog:

http://www.sharescity.com/

"Phorm shares ready to bounce"

Anyone buy the Sunday Times yesterday? I can't find anything on the net to substantiate the above.

Blackbeak 16-06-2008 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark777 (Post 34576285)
Many thanks for this and for showing yourself open to reasoned debate. I take my hat off.

Do you think you could add your voice to those contacting the EU Commission on this issue and suggest that your readers may like to do likewise?

Tell me who to write too. Post it either here or on my blog and I'll gladly do so. I have already passed my 2 posts on the matter to my contacts at BT whom have yet to respond, though to be fair it's still early! :)

I have informed the Web Analytics Association in Finland about this and will inform my UK WAA contacts directly to see if they would be prepared to lend their support to the argument.

Ravenheart 16-06-2008 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters (Post 34576397)

Anyone buy the Sunday Times yesterday? I can't find anything on the net to substantiate the above.

New member Zwade mentioned it in his first post you can find it in post 8929

Quote:

Originally Posted by zwade (Post 34575693)
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple of months but I had to sign up because you have to see this...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4137799.ece

about half way down the page

<snip> BT – where the latest trial of the technology begins this week </snip>

zwade

Ohh and :welcome: Zwade and all the other new contributors :)

Privacy_Matters 16-06-2008 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenheart (Post 34576401)
New member Zwade mentioned it in his first post you can find it in post 8929

Ohh and :welcome: Zwade and all the other new contributors :)

Hmmmm..... I was looking at the Sunday Times Website, nothing there.

Anyhow thanks :)

Frank Rizzo 16-06-2008 09:47

re: When is the start of the new trial?

I'll give an odds-on price that the start date will be announced on the same day that the 80/20 PIA is released to the press.

No. I won't take any bets on this now. IMO it's a cert.

Ravenheart 16-06-2008 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters (Post 34576406)
Hmmmm..... I was looking at the Sunday Times Website, nothing there.

Anyhow thanks :)

It's about halfway down the article, stating BT will be starting the trials this week, and that Kent may have another ISP joining up.:erm:

mark777 16-06-2008 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeak (Post 34576399)
Tell me who to write too. Post it either here or on my blog and I'll gladly do so. I have already passed my 2 posts on the matter to my contacts at BT whom have yet to respond, though to be fair it's still early! :)

I have informed the Web Analytics Association in Finland about this and will inform my UK WAA contacts directly to see if they would be prepared to lend their support to the argument.

Viviane Reding

Member of the European Commission

BE-1049 Brussels

Belgium

---

Many thanks Blackbeak. :tu:

Dephormation 16-06-2008 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeak (Post 34576399)

Also Meglena Kuneva... who (I believe) is visiting the UK on Friday to discuss Phorm with UKG. (Faxing her might be your bet option btw).

Meglena Kuneva
telephone number +32 229 93384
fax number +32 229 95372
BERL 8/218

EUROPEAN COMMISSION
Directorate General for 'Health and Consumers'
B-1049 BRUSSELS

Florence 16-06-2008 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdadyslexia (Post 34576325)
That is scary to think a child could do that, But the MP shouldn't allow their child to use the Computer that is ment to be used for work. :shocked:

We all know they shouldn't but many do let them either way if phorm is on the network how many Government ministers use BTinternet for their connection. We know most are not totally IT complient, understand the workings ofd the PC and internet. How long before Government documents start to show up for sale taken from the mirror images phorm do..

This program in the wrong hands (oops it already is in the wrong hands) is a danger to stae security a bigger danger than any terrorist trying to gain entry to the UK this is the unexploded bomb from within...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters (Post 34576397)

Wonder if the trials will go ahead I know Emma has stopped replying to me maybe it is time to try another letter.

Still not happy with the excuse on why the shareholders haven't been told about phorm past history or what this program can do ahh almost forget maybe the BT cheifs don't understand phorm or its true potential since they cut out BT Design in the trials...

Dephormation 16-06-2008 10:35

Someone, somewhere, is desperate to shore up Phorm's share price.

I can't help but wonder if there is a PR feint going on here, to test and measure public resistance (they've done this a few times over the last few months).

Personally I still think, the signs are not there for this week. BT haven't published anything in their own name. The webwise kit is in the 'wrong' hands if anonymity is going to be assured by anyone. EC Commission is on their backs on Friday.

Be prepared by all means (I am, I left my Phorm infected ISP), but watch out for the PR strategy at work too.