Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Loyalty team (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707231)

BULLROOT 30-12-2018 11:09

Loyalty team

I got a call from a lady in Loyalty dept yesterday - she asked a lot of questions and then offered a deal on Sky Sports package at extra15?? per month - is this some sort of scam????

daveeb 30-12-2018 11:20

Re: Loyalty team

Quote:

Originally Posted by BULLROOT (Post 35977301)
I got a call from a lady in Loyalty dept yesterday - she asked a lot of questions and then offered a deal on Sky Sports package at extra15?? per month - is this some sort of scam????

Did they know your details and ask for your account password ?
If not then a scam, if they did then genuine but imo annoying nevertheless.

Raider999 30-12-2018 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35977305)
Did they know your details and ask for your account password ?
If not then a scam, if they did then genuine but imo annoying nevertheless.

Not sure why being offered a discount on a package is annoying - you either take it or leave it.

Annoying for those that pay the full price perhaps.

daveeb 30-12-2018 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35977306)
Not sure why being offered a discount on a package is annoying - you either take it or leave it.

Annoying for those that pay the full price perhaps.

Annoying because they used to spam me, ringing multiple times a week, offering either mobile phone deals or new Tivo / faster BB. No didn't seem to be a recognised word on their checklist despite repeated requests to stop ringing.
If I want anything I ring them.

Mr K 30-12-2018 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35977308)
Annoying because they used to spam me, ringing multiple times a week, offering either mobile phone deals or new Tivo / faster BB. No didn't seem to be a recognised word on their checklist despite repeated requests to stop ringing.
If I want anything I ring them.

I had trouble stopping VM calling. Managed to opt out of every other company ok, guess VM always will have your phone no ! Managed to stop them eventually but it took a complaint.

Just as you shouldnt buy anything on the doorstep, never buy something from someone who rings you out of the blue.

daveeb 30-12-2018 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35977317)
I had trouble stopping VM calling. Managed to opt out of every other company ok, guess VM always will have your phone no ! Managed to stop them eventually but it took a complaint.

Just as you shouldnt buy anything on the doorstep, never buy something from someone who rings you out of the blue.

The only way I managed to stop them was by unplugging the landline phone :rolleyes:
I'll give them 10/10 for persistence.

RobboEdin 30-12-2018 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35977317)

It’s easy to opt out of marketing calls. You can do it through My Virginmedia.

Mr K 30-12-2018 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35977320)

You can now, but it hasn't always been that way. They hardly highlight the opt out either.

cheekyangus 30-12-2018 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35977320)

Do you know if that works for Virgin Mobile? I go through periods of getting called daily for a few weeks a few times a year. I check the number on VM forums to see if it's them (and it is apparently) but I never pick up. And I can't block them as my phone doesn't do that.

RobboEdin 30-12-2018 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 35977328)
Do you know if that works for Virgin Mobile? I go through periods of getting called daily for a few weeks a few times a year. I check the number on VM forums to see if it's them (and it is apparently) but I never pick up. And I can't block them as my phone doesn't do that.

I’m not a Virgin Mobile customer but am aware that there is a different signon to a Virgin Mobile account so would expect it to be there, not through My Virginmedia, otherwise the phone, I guess.

cheekyangus 30-12-2018 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35977333)
I’m not a Virgin Mobile customer but am aware that there is a different signon to a Virgin Mobile account so would expect it to be there, not through My Virginmedia, otherwise the phone, I guess.

I thought so. Phoning can be a pain.

Thanks RobboEdin.