Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

etccarmageddon 13-04-2006 00:49

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
Agreed, I really didnt think I would enjoy it (no spaceships or futuristic effects) however, I was glued to the screen from start to finish.

I'm of a similar genetic make up! when a film hasn't spaceships or scifi of some kind I worry it's going to be cheap crap but often there's good stuff like garden state, seabiscuit etc that can be enjoyed despite the lower budget!

chocky909 13-04-2006 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druchii
Ice Age 2, Excellent, went today and besides the little kids it was pretty damned good :)
Had me in stitches at times, and all my friends too :)

8.5/10

Ice Age 1 was pretty poor IMO. Compared to Pixar and Dreamworks it was cheap animation and the storyline was cleched and predictable. The actual jokes were basically just 'wisecracks' and all the characters, lazy stereotypes. I only watched 40 minutes of it so I'm not the best judge but that's the impression I got.

Maybe Ice Age 2 is better but I doubt it. And I do like kid's films generally, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory is one of the better in recent history.

dilli-theclaw 13-04-2006 14:17

Aeon Flux - Not bad 6/10

50420 13-04-2006 15:49

managed to catch lucky number slevin last night and was a great film 9/10

watched basic instinct 2 earlier in the week and tend to agree with other posts on this... a big pile of turd. came across as they were trying to outdo the leg crossing scene from the first movie, but just went over the top

MadGamer 13-04-2006 17:10

Doom - 2/10 very boring

Chris 13-04-2006 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocky909
Ice Age 1 was pretty poor IMO. Compared to Pixar and Dreamworks it was cheap animation and the storyline was cleched and predictable. The actual jokes were basically just 'wisecracks' and all the characters, lazy stereotypes. I only watched 40 minutes of it so I'm not the best judge but that's the impression I got.

I think your impression is pretty accurate. I watched it right through on ITV2 the other week. If I were to write a one-paragraph review I think I'd have said exactly the same as you did!

TheBlueRaja 15-04-2006 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
I think your impression is pretty accurate. I watched it right through on ITV2 the other week. If I were to write a one-paragraph review I think I'd have said exactly the same as you did!

I can only remember the first 10 minutes with that squirrel chasing the nut - i dont think i've laughed so much at a cartoon in a loooong time.

Not seen the second one yet.

Mal 15-04-2006 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
I can only remember the first 10 minutes with that squirrel chasing the nut - i dont think i've laughed so much at a cartoon in a loooong time.

Not seen the second one yet.

The parts with the squirrel were the best parts of it. The rest was, imo, dire.

Druchii 15-04-2006 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
The parts with the squirrel were the best parts of it. The rest was, imo, dire.

Ice Age 1, the story sucked really. And that's putting it lightly, # 2 was infinitely better.

Shabba 18-04-2006 03:52

Scary Movie 4: If your a fan of 1 & 2 but thought 3 was poo then this will have you laughing from the first minute to the end :)

Druchii 18-04-2006 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabba
Scary Movie 4: If your a fan of 1 & 2 but thought 3 was poo then this will have you laughing from the first minute to the end :)

Sounds Perfec' :) I should be watching this soon then :D

Chris 18-04-2006 09:56

Finally saw Tomb Raider last night, on BBC3. It's typical of a game-to-movie conversion and proves that sufficient plot for a computer game is not sufficient plot for a 90-minute feature.

I wouldn't sit and watch someone else play Tomb Raider from start to finish, so why does a film studio think I'll want to sit and watch someone else 'playing' it on a cinema screen?

4/10 because it looked good and filled an evening. I say 'it', not 'she' ... is Angeline Jolie supposed to be a pin up?

TheBlueRaja 20-04-2006 22:06

Been having a bit of a movie fest lately (got a new telly) so here's a rundown:-

King Arthur - 1/10
YAWN! Got switched off after about 20 minutes.

Chronicles of Narnia - 4/10
Not so good - just didnt feel like they caught the right feeling for this one, better for kids i suppose but...

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 8/10
Potter's for kids too and this is much better, best movie of the series so far from the best book of the series, still prefer to read it than see it though.

The Constant Gardner - 8/10
Good movie but a bit too serious to be enjoyable if you catch what i mean, potent messages in this one though which make you think a bit.

Finally my pick of the bunch by a mile...

Millions - 10/10

Bloody brilliant movie, nearly brought a tear to my eye which is saying something in itself. From beginning to end i had a wee smile on my face watching this - i feel kind of tamed now.

Do youself a favor and see this one!

Russ 24-04-2006 00:35

The Wicker Man - freaky stuff. A bit silly in parts too.

Stephen 25-04-2006 11:35

Watched a Japanese film called Casshern at the weekend. A very well made movie with a great story and a very manga animation look about it.

Slightly hard to follow when trying to watch the action and read the subtitles as well, due to the film being very fast paced.

Overall I really enjoyed it. 7/10