Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Nugget 21-07-2004 16:52

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
Hmm.. I thought in the comics JJ Jamesons son was Man-Wolf - he bought back some rock from the moon with him that did it - and Venom was Eddie Brock (who got mentioned in the first film as well) - after the symbiote that Spiderman bought back after being on the 'Beyonders world' (I can't remember what the comic series was called), left him and bonded with Eddie...

Dammit, I'm even confusing myself now :dozey:

Good knowledge!

Mr_love_monkey 21-07-2004 16:59

Secret Wars - that's what it was called, I think at the time it was the biggest Marvel cross over ever - the series ran for a year.... I've probably still got them in the loft somewhere...

Earl of Bronze 21-07-2004 17:50

Well I saw Spiderman 2 on 20th July. Not a bad movie, I'll give it 7/10. Thankfully there was little if any of the flagwaving crap as at the end of Spide1.

SOSAGES 21-07-2004 22:44

I have just watched:
The Arrival (1996)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/07/8.jpg
Directed by: David Twohy
Writing credits: David Twohy

Cast:
Charlie Sheen .... Zane Zaminski
Lindsay Crouse .... Ilana Green
Richard Schiff .... Calvin, alias Cal
Shane .... JPL Guard #1
Ron Silver .... Phil Gordian & Mexican Guard
Teri Polo .... Char

Plot:
Zane Ziminski is fired from NASA after picking up unidentified signals from a distant location in space. His curiosity soon turn to sheer terror as he travels to Mexico, where a series of unexplained events lead him to believe that there are aliens all over the world. He gathers evidence to support this theory but will he ever have the chance to broadcast the 'facts' alive?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115571/

it was err i dunno - i wasnt excited i wasnt disapointed it had a low budget and sharlie sheen in a serious role (no fluffy bunny feet) give it a go if u like sci fi b movies that aint to bad :)

6/10 - no more no less not too bad.

btw feel free to edit this post and remove the pic if its to big or against ur rules blah blah :)

Maggy 21-07-2004 22:48

Spiderman 2.Very enjoyable. :tu: :tu: :tu:

Alfred Molina as Doc Oc was terrific.He is one of the few British actors regularly working in the US and it's a pity we don't see more of him over here.He's a excellent actor.

Incog.

dilli-theclaw 21-07-2004 23:08

I just saw bullet proof monk - which was ok - 6/10

homealone 24-07-2004 23:12

Daredevil - 8/10

I thought Ben Affleck was excellent in this - good angst:)

Earl of Bronze 25-07-2004 01:53

Just saw Identity, brilliant movie. If you havent seen it yet, rent it.

I give it a 9 out of 10. :D

philip.j.fry 27-07-2004 22:57

Chronicles of Riddick - 6/10 - Could try harder. Bit of a pants ending too but it gets 10/10 for 'death by tea-cup' :D

Xaccers 27-07-2004 23:05

Sex lives of the potato men - minus 58 out of 10, now where did I put the reciept?

oedipus_1 28-07-2004 12:22

Bowling For Columbine, dvd. More documentary than film, but still classified as film. Michael Moore must be the most sane american around at the minute, and the methods he goes to to get his results are fantastic. 9/10

oedipus_1 28-07-2004 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
Daredevil - 8/10

Yay! I'm not the only one who likes Daredevil!

Mr_love_monkey 28-07-2004 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by oedipus_1
Bowling For Columbine, dvd. More documentary than film, but still classified as film. Michael Moore must be the most sane american around at the minute, and the methods he goes to to get his results are fantastic. 9/10

(off topic)

Did you watch that with your mum??? :)

Tezcatlipoca 28-07-2004 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
Romour control has it that Venom will be the villain in one of the later films

I've heard that too. Good villain...although I've seen opinions where people say that having an alien symbiote could seem a little unbelievable in Spidey's movie "universe", compared to the "scientist becomes villain after experiment gone wrong" types we've had so far.

I do think it could work, though. And Sam Raimi certainly knows how to handle Spider-Man & his world.

But if number 3 has Venom, then I guess it'll have two villains in it...going by the end of Spider-Man 2.

Also...speaking of Venom...wasn't there another alien symbiote villain? Carnage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
Daredevil - 8/10

I liked Daredevil. No where near as much as Spidey 1 & 2, or X-Men 2, but I did find it enjoyable. I think the best thing about it (after Elektra ;) ) was Michael Clark Duncan's "King Pin". Great actor, & and a good version of the character. I think he'd have done well in a Spider-Man movie (they share the same Marvel universe afterall).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
Just saw Identity, brilliant movie. If you havent seen it yet, rent it.

I give it a 9 out of 10. :D

Very good! Lots of twists, & a very good cast.

oedipus_1 29-07-2004 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
(off topic)

Did you watch that with your mum??? :)

What does that mean?! I watched it cos i've just finished reading his book dude Where's my country and I'm in the middle of reading Stupid White Men, which i've been told to read for one of my A level courses, and which i wish i'd read before. Absolutely fantastic. So i suggest you watch it before you take the mick (providing you haven't already, in which case my whole argument falls flat!):tu: