Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 14-02-2005 19:40

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by scastle
Ocean's 12 is perfectly watchable, but it looks like they have tried to work out what made the original successful, but totally c*cked it up. It seems like they are following a formula.

AFAIK, the original script for (what became) Ocean's 12 was actually intended as a "heist movie" for John Woo to direct. It fell through, & the script got bodged into being a sequel for Ocean's 11.

homealone 15-02-2005 00:32

I just bought 'Caligula' as part of a 'two for £10' deal at tesco - it was considered very risquÃÃâ€*’©, at the time ?

- the picture quality is crap, and the sound isn't much better, however there is Helen Mirren :naughty: :D

luckily 'Ghostbusters', the second disk, was worth the 'deal' alone :tu:

classic - 8/10 :)

- Caligula would be about a 4/10 :angel:

willie 15-02-2005 08:47

Not so much the last movie i saw but one that i have watched several times and more recently on Sunday.

Schindlers List.

Cannot really give it any marks out of ten as it goes way beyond this but if really pressed would give 10/10

dilli-theclaw 25-02-2005 18:29

Thunderbirds - 5/10.... Better than I expected. I did like the puppet hand hidden away near the end of the film.

Wing Commander - 6/10.... Not as bad as I expected, but the Kilrathi were a bit tame.

----------------

I'm about to sit and watch Garfield, wish me luck :)

Graham 25-02-2005 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I'm about to sit and watch Garfield, wish me luck :)

No, but you have my sympathies.

I watched it over Xmas and thought it was dire.

Damien 25-02-2005 21:02

Anyone seen hotel Rwanda yet? I really want to see that

Mal 26-02-2005 23:11

I've just seen "Saw". Hmmm...It passed the time...that's all I can say about it... :shrug:

Cary Elwes' acting should get a golden raspberry for his performance.

Halcyon 27-02-2005 12:27

Watched Resident Evil 2 last night on DVD.
Thought it was really good.
Great effects, great storyline, true to the games.

Tezcatlipoca 27-02-2005 16:56

The Blues Brothers (Director's Cut)

Absolute classic :D

etccarmageddon 27-02-2005 17:22

spartan with Val Kilmer - a David Mamet thriller - excellent.

Raistlin 27-02-2005 17:28

Hero <yawn> :sleeping:

The Grudge - Not too bad, rescued a bit by the fact that Sarah Michelle Geller is in it :)

Bex 27-02-2005 18:14

i had a bit of a dvd fest today watched "bridget jones, edge of reason" which is fantastic.... even my feller enjoyed it when we saw it at the cinema for my birthday.
also watched "the sweetest thing"... it's a comedy with cameron diaz in. very funny in places... if you've ever seen it the song they sing in the chinese restuarant is catchy and very funny

iron25 27-02-2005 23:13

Ladder 49:

It's okay, not brilliant and the storyline is pretty weak but it's watchable. Not as good as Backdraft though.

Russ 06-03-2005 11:07

Hide and Seek

I found it a bit boring but had one or two jumpy bits in it - however she was cowering behind her handbag for most of the film :D

Mal 06-03-2005 15:37

I took my nephew to see Are we there yet? yesterday. Cheesey kids film is all I'm going to say... ;)

I also watched Alien v Predator today. Not good, but not bad, though a million miles behind the 1st two alien films and the first predator film.

Babu 06-03-2005 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien
Anyone seen hotel Rwanda yet? I really want to see that

Saw Hotel Rwanda on Friday. Really poignant film, similar to Schindler's List. Once again there is a needless genocide after the world has vowed many times that atrocities like these should never be allowed to happen.

Good film - 9 out of 10.

At a loss 11-03-2005 02:00

Ok watched the following last night

One for the road : In ower view total waste of a DVD and a total waste of energy loading it into the DVD player.........Even got a refund it was that bad and they front the Full Monty as an advert to sell this ????

Collateral : Seems to be good but lacks scripting the basis is 100% but the little pieces that fall fowl stick out a mile away (if you know what I mean) but well recommended for Tom Cruise fans....

Alien Vs Preditor : 100% if you are into that sort of thing, I would like to see the follow up movie/s has they have left this wide open...

Raistlin 11-03-2005 02:02

Watched Layer Cake this evening, totally blew me away.

Definately one to buy and watch.

The ending is fantastic!

dilli-theclaw 17-03-2005 15:53

Constantine.....

Average 5/10

edit - Just to add I did TRY and watch Garfield, but my brain turned to mush so I had to turn it off - therefore minus5/10

Xaccers 20-03-2005 13:24

Constantine 9/10
If you look closely you can actually see Keanu acting!
If you like Hellblaizer, you'll enjoy this, although if you're a die hard fan you may get a bit upset that they didn't do some of his deals and scheme's the same as in the comic, but hey, the movie can only be so long (course the irish stout/holy water bit would have been good)

Now what we need is a good Preacher movie

Charlie_Bubble 20-03-2005 13:46

Constantine. 6.5/10 Twas ok, nothing spectacular.

Electrolyte01 20-03-2005 13:47

AvP 6/10

Could have added more action into it.

Tezcatlipoca 20-03-2005 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaccers

Now what we need is a good Preacher movie

It'd be brilliant if they did a Preacher movie...

maxtoralias 20-03-2005 14:55

Freeze Frame ............ 3/10 - trying to be too clever for its own good. A very dark thriller which is difficult to watch

allieyoung666 20-03-2005 15:55

sky captain and the world of tomorrow, chessy, but fun!!!!!!

Tezcatlipoca 25-03-2005 16:18

Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (was on C4 this afternoon!)

Stupid, cheesy, & not true to the series it's based on, but still enjoyable.

mrlipring 25-03-2005 17:09

rather bizarrely, the fat slags movie. It has a decent cast, but it's the biggest load of ****e i've seen in a long time. Not that i expected any different. MONEY was spent on this p.o.s. The things i could do with a HUNDREDTH of their budget... *******s.

Russ 25-03-2005 17:19

The Forgotten - had huge potential but instead was very disappointing. Crappy ending.

Walking Tall - your standard american hard-man action comedy. Passable.

Layer Cake - good film but confusing with all the double crossing, very surprising ending, didn't see it coming.

hoggyspuds 05-04-2005 23:25

OMG..good movie

just watched "saw". What an excellent film!! Not for the faint hearted though....lol

Mr_love_monkey 06-04-2005 09:32

'The Grudge'

Should have renamed it 'The Crap'.

Mal 06-04-2005 10:09

Re: OMG..good movie

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggyspuds
just watched "saw". What an excellent film!! Not for the faint hearted though....lol

Sorry, but when the villain appears in a boxer's gown, it just made me laugh :) It was a bit cheesey :)

mrlipring 06-04-2005 16:02

Last movie i saw was dead man's shoes. Excellent film. I'd recommend it to those who can stomach the violence.

Before that was Creep. It's nice, if gorey. Not a bad example of a horror. I got the uncensored version of saw the other day, might watch it later.

zing_deleted 06-04-2005 18:39

Blade Trinity It is what it is another Blade movie nice birds though lol lol

allieyoung666 06-04-2005 20:00

dodgeball sheer class!!!!!!

ikthius 07-04-2005 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by allieyoung666
dodgeball sheer class!!!!!!

"We'll turn you from a Frankenstein to a Franken-Fine!"

:rofl:

ik

allieyoung666 08-04-2005 07:45

Just watched rocky and bullwinkle with the kids, what was all that about!!!

humphreys barmy 08-04-2005 10:43

The Ring 2..........Total rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dilli-theclaw 08-04-2005 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by humphreys barmy

That bad? - I was gonna go see that :(

humphreys barmy 08-04-2005 10:57

Ooops, sorry about that.

Let me add there were people talking in front of us, to the side of us, and behind us as well !!!

That didn't help you understand.

Aragorn 11-04-2005 13:27

Took the kids to see Valiant yesterday.

Short & sweet - made me laugh, some good cameos from Ricky Gervais, John Cleese, etc. One to see if you've got kids and a couple of hours to kill.

Nugget 11-04-2005 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
'The Grudge'

Should have renamed it 'The Crap'.

I watched this the other night. Did you know that the original translation of the title was 'The Steaming Great Jobbie', but apparently it didn't fit on the posters!

Saw Sahara at the cinema yesterday - totally Indiana Jones-lite, but a good way to waste a couple of hours. 7/10

mrlipring 11-04-2005 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragorn
Took the kids to see Valiant yesterday.

Short & sweet - made me laugh, some good cameos from Ricky Gervais, John Cleese, etc. One to see if you've got kids and a couple of hours to kill.

Two birds, one stone.

Kill the kids, drag it out so it lasts two hours.

Last thing i saw was Be Cool. Biggest big-budget lot of **** i've seen in a long time. What were the stars thinking? IT's just awful. Dialogue's crap, acting's ropey (probably down to the script, mind - the actors involved, i have respect for) and it's just a waste of 2 hours of my life. I could've spent those two hours murdering children like aragorn.

STONEISLAND 11-04-2005 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D
.Layer Cake - good film but confusing with all the double crossing, very surprising ending, didn't see it coming.

I'm so glade you said that thought it was just me. I thought it was a very good film but hard to follow.

8/10

Tezcatlipoca 11-04-2005 23:58

Dark City

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/

From Alex Proyas, the director of "The Crow"

Not seen it in ages. Forgotten how great it is. 8/10 :D

iron25 12-04-2005 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by humphreys barmy

Totally agree, it was awful compared to the first one. However, the fact that naomi watts is in it makes up for its dreadfulness :)

I recently watched Birth & White Noise and both are just as bad. I can't believe that people can rate these films as good when they clearly aren't but hey, there's no accounting for taste :) I had to fast forward through alot of Birth because it was just so boring and how they can think anyone would believe that a grown woman would fall in love with a 10 year old boy simply because she thinks he's her dead husband :erm:

Sin City - 6/10: It's not as good as some people will lead you to believe however it is enjoyable but it is about 20 mins too long as it starts to get boring near the end, a bit shorter and it would have scored higher. Now I can't believe I'm writing this but IMO Mickey Rourke stole the show :Yikes: His character was the most interesting and funny and he played it very well, hopefully this won't be a trend he keeps up because I can't stand the guy. I didn't expect all the violence but it kept my interest :D The biggest problem I have with the film is that there is no real storyline, it's just three different stories that happen to span a similar time frame in Sin City but expect several sequels.

Now I've seen a fair few films over the past months but none have come close to matching the quality of Seabiscuit. If you haven't seen it, do yourselve a favour and watch it, it is a brilliant film 10/10 :)

Gareth 12-04-2005 00:36

Just sat through The Ring (1st one not 2nd one) on Sky...

/me is still scratching head a lot :dunce:

zing_deleted 12-04-2005 00:36

Lemony Snickets A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Jim carrey Rocks excellent film for all ages except very young

mrlipring 12-04-2005 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron25
Now I can't believe I'm writing this but IMO Mickey Rourke stole the show :Yikes:

He's been great in a few things recently.

Spun was excellent, and he shone, man on fire was also brilliant, and he was good in it, and while once upon a time in mexico was pretty dull, mickey rourke was good in it.

Tezcatlipoca 09-05-2005 00:07

Collateral

Wasn't sure about this at first (Tom Cruise annoys me), but it really is very good.

Well made, with a very good cast (Cruise is actually really good as a bad-guy, & he & Foxx are great together).

Although I think the ending wasn't as good as the rest of the film.

But definitely worth a watch :tu:

xXx 2: The Next Level (aka State of the Union)

Sequel to the Vin Diesel action spy film, but with Ice Cube instead of Diesel.

Stupid. Extremely stupid.

But...fun to watch, if you're not looking for anything deep or clever.

Lots of action, lots of things blowing up. And there's a funny set-piece with a tank & an aircraft carrier catapult...

wlm 10-05-2005 18:39

xXx 2: The Next Level

Mal 10-05-2005 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlm
xXx 2: The Next Level

...and what did you think of it? ;) :)

wlm 10-05-2005 18:42

its okay too american espically wen a chasing after the bullet train i mean i wat the hell how can that possibly happen

dilli-theclaw 19-05-2005 15:49

Cube Zero - 7/10 - Not nearly as bad as I expected and better than no.2

Species III - 4/10 - Crap. (nuff said ;))

When Worlds Collide - 10/10 - Old, but sheer brilliance. (Now if only I had forbidden planet on DVD)

ZrByte 19-05-2005 16:31

Starwars Episode III - If you go and see one film this year go and see this. Gets into the action right from the start and is the darker more dramatic starwars that the two previous films never lived upto.

Chris 19-05-2005 16:43

Hitchhiker's ...

Very good, thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt happier with the significant departures from the radio series and the book knowing that the script was by Douglas Adams. It is definitely a 'based on' rather than an adaption, but even so some of the lines from the original have translated almost directly to the film and they're just deliciously well done.

The overall impression I got was very Pythonesque, especially as it starts with a choral piece called 'So long, and thanks for all the fish!' that reminded me very much of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

The bloke next to me was lapping it up and was obviously a major H2G2 nut. Mrs T knows nothing of the books isn't really a Douglas Adams fan. She said she thought it was 'quite amusing' but she would categorise it as 'worth renting the DVD' rather than 'deinitely see it at the cinema'.

Derek 19-05-2005 17:58

Just back from Ep 3.

Wow. What a film. It manages to pull almost all the threads of the story together. Just a few dodgy moments but overall a very enjoyable film.

Raistlin 19-05-2005 18:07

House of the Flying Daggers

Biggest pile of sh**e I've seen in a loooooooooooooooong time.....

Ocean's Twelve

Only managed not to be the biggest pile of sh**e I've seen in a long time because of House of the Flying Daggers

Tezcatlipoca 30-05-2005 20:45

Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Not bad. Better than I remembered (apart from Jar Jar).

Pity Darth Maul wasn't used more.

Star Wars, Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Pretty good. Worth seeing just for the Yoda/Dooku fight, & the scene when the clone troopers first see some action.

Star Wars, Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

OMFG! I wasn't expecting much, but I actually really enjoyed this (mostly).

The story, although not great, was better than that of EpII (which was better than that of EpI).

Acting & script... not too hot, but better than the first two, & not really any worse than in the original trilogy.

Action, special effects, battles, lightsaber duels, etc.... Wicked :D :D :D

Ian McDiarmid was especially great as Palpatine.

Faulty 30-05-2005 20:47

watched Kingdom of Heaven last week, kinda reminded me of Braveheart, i rate it at 6/10

mrlipring 30-05-2005 21:22

I've been on an eastwood trip of late, so the last thing i watched was Heartbreak Ridge.

Classic Eastwood, and some FANTASTIC snappy dialogue, especially the opening scenese in jail.

dilli-theclaw 30-05-2005 23:11

Alien Nation.

Not too bad.

I'm glad they went with different actors in the TV series tho.

6/10

Raistlin 31-05-2005 00:34

The Manchurian Candidate.

Pretty good, a little lazy in places but very watchable none the less.

Tezcatlipoca 31-05-2005 01:54

Star War, Episode IV - A New Hope

Not the best of the saga, but still the original & still a classic :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin
The Manchurian Candidate.

Pretty good, a little lazy in places but very watchable none the less.

The original one, with Sinatra, or the remake, with Denzel Washington?

(both are good IMO)

Raistlin 31-05-2005 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
The original one, with Sinatra, or the remake, with Denzel Washington?

(both are good IMO)

The remake

xcdtowg 31-05-2005 13:02

I saw the end on total recall last night, i used to watch it when i was a little kiddie, i don't remember that much blood though! Quite gross really, im surprised i turned out as well as i did watching that when i was little:Yikes: My mums a big horror fan so im sure im disensitised to it by now ;)

Still its a good film, hasnt aged to much accept for the bad acting when people get shot, lol, they all make the same "argh" noise and jump in the air :disturbd: anyhoo 8/10

Tezcatlipoca 03-06-2005 00:15

Sin City

(free preview screening on Weds courtesy of an offer in the Grauniad :) )

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/

Brilliant adaptation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" comics, directed by Miller & Robert Rodriguez. Good story, looks amazing, & the cast is great.

Definitely worth watching :tu:

Raistlin 03-06-2005 00:20

Quote:

Sin City

Brilliant adaptation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" comics, directed by Miller & Robert Rodriguez. Good story, looks amazing, & the cast is great.

Really want to see this one, can't wait.

Never read the comics - would like to though. Anyone know if they're any good?

Mal 03-06-2005 00:22

Quote:

Sin City

I'm going to see that tomorrow. I'm a newbie to the story, but the trailers look good.

I saw Millions yesterday. It's okay, quirkie enough at the start to keep you watching.

Also saw Revenge of the Sith again :)

Mal 03-06-2005 21:11

I saw Sin City today. I thought that it was good. Different. :)

Good old Marv :)

Tezcatlipoca 03-06-2005 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin
Really want to see this one, can't wait.

Never read the comics - would like to though. Anyone know if they're any good?

They're very good :)

Miller is great. A couple of his other graphic novels which are also worth reading are "Batman: Year One" & "Batman: Dark Knight Returns".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
I saw Sin City today. I thought that it was good. Different. :)

Good old Marv :)

Yep, very good film :)

With some fine actresses too ;) :D

Mal 03-06-2005 21:49

Quote:

Yep, very good film :)

With some fine actresses too ;) :D

Jaime King :drool: :D

Tezcatlipoca 03-06-2005 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
Jaime King :drool: :D

And also Carla Gugino (Lucile) :drool:

Mal 03-06-2005 21:52

Quote:

And also Carla Gugino (Lucile) :drool:

and Rosario Dawson wasn't too bad either :drool: ;)

Now I think of it, I don't remember much of film ;) :D

tarun.sonania 06-06-2005 13:24

Anybody seen Ong-Bak. Crap story, dialogues to editing is all non sense. However i :ninja: few stunts though they are repeated until you start noticing who is sitting next to you. I will give it 4/10 :td:

kronas 14-06-2005 23:11

mr and mrs smith:

what an excellent movie good script and dialogue, the air of a finely tuned slightly comedic angle to serious situations made it a very pleasurable action packed experiance.

plenty of high tech electronics and weapons plus explosions.

8.9 out of 10

OinkyBoinky 15-06-2005 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kronas
mr and mrs smith:

what an excellent movie good script and dialogue, the air of a finely tuned slightly comedic angle to serious situations made it a very pleasurable action packed experiance.

plenty of high tech electronics and weapons plus explosions.

8.9 out of 10

I saw that this evening at the cinema too...

great film, a little slow at the beginning and at a few times in the film.. did take a while to get to the good stuff... Kronas sums it up nicely would agree... but i'd only give it an 9 out of 10 for the slowness at times...

also this versions seems to have been cut a fair ammount there were talks before of lots of "sexy scenes" these musta be removed cos everyone kept there clothes on...

one question tho... is this a 12 or 15 :S... as we walked in the sign above the door said 15 but people told me it was a 12... not sure...

Paul 15-06-2005 02:06

Star Wars 3 - yesterday - 9/10. :)

mrlipring 15-06-2005 03:04

We watched Criminal tonight, and thought it was great.

Funny, twisty, and just a generally great film. If you like Matchstick Men, which i really enjoyed, you'll like this even more.

etccarmageddon 15-06-2005 08:10

Elektra - stupid plot/dumb script. I cant elaborate without spoiling the plot 'twist'.

humphreys barmy 15-06-2005 08:30

Saw The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen this weekend. First time I've seen them. Very wierd !!

dilli-theclaw 15-06-2005 09:29

Ok - so my last week at work I watched the following films (and score) :-

Red Planet - 5/10
Dune - 6/10
28 Days Later - 7/10 (5/10 if it had gone out with the alternative ending)
Ghost Ship - 5/10
Timecop 2 : The Berlin Decision - 4/10
Equilbrium - 6/10

punky 16-06-2005 21:23

Just watched Football Factory. Excellent film, 9/10

kronas 16-06-2005 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by OinkyBoinky
I saw that this evening at the cinema too...

great film, a little slow at the beginning and at a few times in the film.. did take a while to get to the good stuff... Kronas sums it up nicely would agree... but i'd only give it an 9 out of 10 for the slowness at times...

also this versions seems to have been cut a fair ammount there were talks before of lots of "sexy scenes" these musta be removed cos everyone kept there clothes on...

one question tho... is this a 12 or 15 :S... as we walked in the sign above the door said 15 but people told me it was a 12... not sure...

it is a 15 the certificate on the screen said so :)

yes i agree the beginning is slow but i think it more than made up by the quality of the movie overall which was excellent, im just a sucker fo certain eloquent styles of movie presentation in script :p:

allieyoung666 17-06-2005 09:33

50 first dates, that film was so funny!!!

orangebird 17-06-2005 09:37

Closer - a bit rude, and very weird, but boring and a bit pointless IMO.

But either way, Clive Owen :drool: phwoooaaarrr!!!

Salu 17-06-2005 09:37

Down girl....

mrlipring 17-06-2005 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
Closer - a bit rude, and very weird, but boring and a bit pointless IMO.

Yep. Boring characters, and nothing likeable about them. Nothing to make me want to care about them, which would be ok if they weren't boring. We don't learn all that much about any of them, and i'm not sure i'd want to...

Clive Owen's at least twisted enough to extract a laugh, and of course Portman is lovely throughout, but generally it's crap.

There are a few little quirks throughout that are interesting, but not from a story point of view, really - it's more about how they made the film.

dilli-theclaw 17-06-2005 18:37

I just watched the original version of the fly....

It was actually better than I had expected.

7/10

p.s. dilli was quite scared by the fake spider at the end...

mrlipring 17-06-2005 18:52

I was confused as to why you said "original version". There's no remake. I see, though, that there's one planned, right enough.

Gotta ask, why? The original is OK. I can't see what a sequel will achieve. Think how many "Dead Man's Shoes", for example, they could make for the same money... Sickens me that new actors, writers, and directors are missing out on chances to show what they can do because hollywood is a closed shop, recycling mediocre old films for braindead cinema-goers these days.

zing_deleted 17-06-2005 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlipring
I was confused as to why you said "original version". There's no remake. I see, though, that there's one planned, right enough.

Gotta ask, why? The original is OK. I can't see what a sequel will achieve. Think how many "Dead Man's Shoes", for example, they could make for the same money... Sickens me that new actors, writers, and directors are missing out on chances to show what they can do because hollywood is a closed shop, recycling mediocre old films for braindead cinema-goers these days.

Hold on the original The fly had vincent price in a 50's movie it was remade in the 80's staring geoff goldbloom

dilli-theclaw 17-06-2005 18:55

Quote:

The Original

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051622/

The Remake

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091064/

edit - and The Fly II

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097368/

Mal 17-06-2005 22:14

Batman Begins...

I liked it. Not as flashy than the ones before, darker, which for me, was good. 8/10.

Mr_love_monkey 17-06-2005 22:17

Quote:

The Original
edit - and The Fly II

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097368/

And I actually paid money to see that....

mrlipring 17-06-2005 23:59

Quote:

aah, so the one i saw :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379788/

is a re-remake. I wasn't aware that the Goldblum one was a remake. Cheers, i've learned something. And had it confirmed to me that hollywood people are lazy as hell...

dilli-theclaw 18-06-2005 00:01

Quote:

aah, so the one i saw :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379788/

is a re-remake. I wasn't aware that the Goldblum one was a remake. Cheers, i've learned something. And had it confirmed to me that hollywood people are lazy as hell...

A remake of a remake - now that IS sad - I'll give you that :)

Tezcatlipoca 18-06-2005 18:22

Saw Batman begins on Thursday night.

Brilliant. Best Batman movie ever.

9/10

punky 20-06-2005 22:55

Star Wars Ep 5, THe Empire Strikes Back.

It was ok (was a few stupid things in it, like noone in the Millenium Falcon wear seatbelts, but the ship does sumassaults and 360 degree vertical rolls, and noone moves about. Oh and those ships heavy blasters couldn't penetrate the skin of an Imperial Walker, but a light sabre could? And since when do asteroids have gravitational pulls and a pressurised atmosphere?), but it was nothing amazing.

I'll probably watch Ep 6 now, but Ep 5 was nowhere near as good as Ep 4.

Raistlin 20-06-2005 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by punky
Star Wars Ep 5, THe Empire Strikes Back.

It was ok (was a few stupid things in it, like noone in the Millenium Falcon wear seatbelts, but the ship does sumassaults and 360 degree vertical rolls, and noone moves about.

Inertial Dampening?

Quote:

Oh and those ships heavy blasters couldn't penetrate the skin of an Imperial Walker, but a light sabre could?

Lightsabres are probably imbibed with some of the "force" of the owner.

Quote:

And since when do asteroids have gravitational pulls and a pressurised atmosphere?)

Ummmm.....ok..........well...............I give up :shrug: , not a clue.

punky 22-06-2005 00:02

Just watched Star Wars Ep 6 - The Return Of The Jedi. It was OK, just like Ep5, but nothing amazing. Certainly nowhere near as good as Ep4.

punky 22-06-2005 18:57

Just watched Shrek 2 (yes, I know, I am 24).

I can't say it was better than the original, but ever bit as good. It is less laugh out loud funny, but the story is better, it is more cleverer. 8.5/10