Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

zing_deleted 17-04-2007 22:46

re: Rate the last movie you saw

The secret life of Walter Mitty and Hans Christian Anderson have to be his most famous. Incidentally I think someones making a remake of Walter Mitty

TheDaddy 18-04-2007 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone (Post 34277900)
anything by Danny Kaye is ok by me - can't remember the name of it but the one where the 'dominant' twin is killed and comes back as a ghost & inspires his ex sibling to exceed his expectations and nail his brothers killers, refers - they don't make them like that, any more, for sure ;)

Wonder Man ;)

papa smurf 18-04-2007 18:40

wild hogs..10/10. especialy good if your an old biker ...a good laugh

Stuart 22-04-2007 21:39

Last two films I saw:

Sunshine

Excellent film. Danny Boyle does Sci Fi.

Good cast, good script. Excellent feeling of paranoia. If I had to pick on something, I'd say that there are a lot of references to 2001. Not that this is a bad thing, but I did find myself spotting the references rather than watching the film.

8/10

The Reaping
Another good film. Hilary Swank does a good job of playing a sort of Paranormal investigator who experiences the events described in Exodus. Typical Joel Silver/Robert Zemeckis fare. Looks brilliant, sounds good, actually unnerving in fun sort of way.

Well worth a couple of hours of anyone's time.

8/10

Xaccers 23-04-2007 12:20

Eragon 9/10

Ok, spent much of the film replacing the charactors names with their Star Wars counterparts (it's basically the same plot) but that was about the only "bad" thing with this film, and even then, if you've got a plot that works, why not use it? ;)
Acting was good, charactors were great, you really routed for them, John Malcavich plays his usual melodramatic baddy but it fits, and Robert Carlisle as an evil sorcerer was great.
Full of action for most of it, though a little slow to start.
Computer graphics were great, they even managed to get a baby dragon with a rat's tail dangling out it's mouth look cute :)

TheBlueRaja 23-04-2007 14:20

Pan's Labyrinth

10/10

Brilliant movie, weird as well :tu:

SMHarman 23-04-2007 15:22

Inconvenient Truth 10/10 OMG so this climate change stuff is really all true. I'm off to turn some lights off now!
http://www.climatecrisis.net/thescience/

bopdude 25-04-2007 01:23

Messages, old plot with a twist, still, a poor 2 /10 for me

Tezcatlipoca 25-04-2007 01:48

Saw 3

Sick & twisted.

I liked it.

Uncle Peter 25-04-2007 13:11

Weekend at Bernies II - Saw it on telly years ago but managed to get hold of it on R1 DVD for another watch

Slow starter, predictable and some of the acting as abysmal but the funny bits are side splitting and easily make up for the major shortcomings. Well worth a watch for a good laugh.

7/10

sssshhhh 25-04-2007 13:14

Visually it was interesting in some of the fight scenes but sadly thats where it stopped for me

3/10

CycoSymz 25-04-2007 20:53

Deja-Vu - 7/10 - I really liked this movie. If you like the possibility of time travel then go see it.

Sirpingalot 26-04-2007 22:02

Me too, Matt. It's genious, far better that either of the first two. (Saw 3)

However, as much as the critics dislike it, the last film I saw was Doom (last night), and I thought it was fairly good. It doesn't do the game justice, though. 65%

Tezcatlipoca 26-04-2007 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirpingalot (Post 34286512)
Me too, Matt. It's genious, far better that either of the first two. (Saw 3)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw
The device Timothy is strapped to is... my personal favorite. I call it "The Rack".

:disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

I've just read on Wiki that Saw IV is due out in October...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirpingalot
However, as much as the critics dislike it, the last film I saw was Doom (last night), and I thought it was fairly good. It doesn't do the game justice, though. 65%

I actually quite liked Doom too. Nothing compared to the game (zombie virus instead of a gateway to hell??!!), but still an enjoyable cheesy SF action flick.

Sirpingalot 27-04-2007 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34286673)
I've just read on Wiki that Saw IV is due out in October...

Can't wait! The third one made me cringe. A lot. Wonder what the fourth will be like:shocked:

---------- Post added at 03:34 ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 ----------

And "The Rack"....don't even get me started