Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 14-11-2010 18:54

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

That the one with him & Morgan Freeman as retired spies or something?

Hugh 14-11-2010 19:01

Yup, that's the one (with Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Karl Urban, and Richard Dreyfuss).

Peter_ 14-11-2010 19:03

Let me in.8/10A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian.

It is a remake of "Let the right one in" which is a Swedish movie but worth watching if you have not seen the original.

Tezcatlipoca 14-11-2010 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35122345)
Yup, that's the one (with Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Karl Urban, and Richard Dreyfuss).

I saw a trailer ages ago (I think when The A Team was out). Looked fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35122350)
Let me in.8/10A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian.

It is a remake of "Let the right one in" which is a Swedish movie but worth watching if you have not seen the original.

Have you seen the original?

Peter_ 14-11-2010 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35122353)
I saw a trailer ages ago (I think when The A Team was out). Looked fun.

Have you seen the original?

Yes and the new one is almost shot for shot but it is more graphic and sometimes a bit gruesome, I downloaded it after going to see "Let me in"

Tezcatlipoca 14-11-2010 20:41

I love the original. I don't see the point in the remake, other than for people who refuse to watch foreign language films.

Peter_ 14-11-2010 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35122409)
I love the original. I don't see the point in the remake, other than for people who refuse to watch foreign language films.

The version I downloaded was actually dubbed into english but I will watch any movie with subtitles if it is good, such as "Female Agents" or "The Lives of others" both brilliant and "Tell no one" which is in french and I bought because I had already read the book..

Stuart 21-11-2010 22:39

Two films recently..

Skyline: 4/10. Excellent special effects. That's the good part, and something you'd expect considering the film was made by a company who did the special effects for 2012, Iron Man 2 and The A Team. Trouble is, the characters have no depth. In a disaster movie (which this essentially is), you don't need a great deal of character depth, but they do need to have some trait you can at least vaguely identify with. At least I do. I have to have something about the characters I like, or really hate. This film offered nothing.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1 6/10
Not a bad film by any means, it's just it follows the first half of the book a little too closely, as a result, it's very slow in places, and, for some reason, Emma Watson in particular spends a lot of the film showing fear, anger or sadness. I say for some reason because she actually seems to get more screen time than Daniel Radcliffe.

Still, it is actually a good film, just a little slow as it is setting up a lot of things to happen in the final film.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 35115714)
Saw 3D 5/10

I'll start off by saying missus and I love Saw and Saw II, and really like Saw 3-6. 3-6 we saw at the cinema and rewatch all the previous films to remind ouselves of what's what.

Saw 3D however is crap :(

I quite liked Saw. Thought Saw II was OK, and 3 passable. Didn't bother watching after that.

I thought I read somewhere that the reason they went for the 3d in the final saw is that the franchise lost a lot of money they wanted to recoup.

Peter_ 21-11-2010 22:42

Logans Run 6/10 a daft old movie from the 1970's but fun to watch and remember how amazing Jenny Agutter was in her younger days, still nice now.

Tezcatlipoca 21-11-2010 23:01

Demolition Man

I've never understood why this had such awful reviews. Awesome fun. It's my favourite Stallone movie, and my second-favourite Snipes movie after Blade.

8/10

Stuart 21-11-2010 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35125652)
Demolition Man

I've never understood why this had such awful reviews. Awesome fun. It's my favourite Stallone movie, and my second-favourite Snipes movie after Blade.

8/10

Can't go wrong with Demolition Man. Especially as Sandra Bullock looks rather cute dressed as a copper..

admars 22-11-2010 07:04

Jackass 3D - 9/10

the missus and I rewatched the first 2 films recently to make sure we still liked this sort of humour and enjoyed them (I'd give them 8/10 each)

we didn't stop laughing during the new one, and as daft as this may seem, most probably the best use of 3d we've seen at the cinema, stuff whizzing around in all directions!

Saaf_laandon_mo 22-11-2010 23:18

The Other Guys with will farrel and mark walberg. This was laugh out loud funny and cracked me up throughout. 8 out of 10.

Acathla 22-11-2010 23:20

Salt 8/10

Really good fun action movie. Plot is totally all over the place and believability was lost in the first scene but that's what makes a great action movie doesn't it!

iFrankie 23-11-2010 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acathla (Post 35126345)
Salt 8/10

Really good fun action movie. Plot is totally all over the place and believability was lost in the first scene but that's what makes a great action movie doesn't it!

I loved that movie, you don't mess with Salt!!