Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

admars 28-08-2010 23:18

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Expendables 7/10

Good dumb action film, but preferred the A-Team. Expendables seemed a bit too much like an excuse to link together some cool action sequences with action heroes.

Hugh 29-08-2010 10:33

In Bruges - excellent film, not predictable at all.

8/10

zing_deleted 29-08-2010 23:26

Expendables gotta give it a 9 exellent brain in neutral action flick

Tezcatlipoca 30-08-2010 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 35081433)
Expendables 7/10

Good dumb action film, but preferred the A-Team. Expendables seemed a bit too much like an excuse to link together some cool action sequences with action heroes.

I'd agree with that.

I really enjoyed it, & it was great seeing Stallone, Arnie, & Willis in the same scene... but I think The A Team is a better brainless-action-movie.

Pity that JCVD & Seagal weren't in it too, instead of whoever those wrestlers were.

It was a great flashback to 80s action though.

zing_deleted 30-08-2010 00:12

I may well review my review after watching A Team then will make the effort and view it tomorrow :)

Thyroid Help 30-08-2010 01:24

Shutter Island 10/10

Some people say they hated the ending, I loved it great twist, and although I kind of guessed who inmate 67 was, the way it was revealed made it more shocking and feisty

The last words by Leo were very strong and deep

MadGamer 01-09-2010 21:03

Marmaduke - 10/10 IMO possibly the funniest movie I have seen this year so far

Kymmy 02-09-2010 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35081991)
I'd agree with that.

I really enjoyed it, & it was great seeing Stallone, Arnie, & Willis in the same scene....

Totally agree, great film for those who want brain dead violence..

Matt did you not notice though that the Stallone/Arnie scenes were faked as you never saw them side by side and when you did see them next to each other one was always in silhouette.. They were probably never in the same studio together

peanut 02-09-2010 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35083843)
Marmaduke - 10/10 IMO possibly the funniest movie I have seen this year so far

10/10 for a film that got 2.6 on imdb? (though I don't rely on their scores too much myself).

Dog Pound - (no pun intended)
6/10, even though I enjoyed it as I do like those type of films, I'm annoyed they didn't add or change much from the original film - '****' which was miles better (9/10).

wwe 03-09-2010 12:58

south park the movie 10/10

admars 04-09-2010 23:02

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 9/10
Really funny, one of those films we're looking forward to seeing again, to catch the bits we missed as were laughing at previous line :)
Cool mix of Kill Bill, Kick Ass and Spaced!

Haven't read the books, but will add them to the ever expanding Amazon wishlist.

Hugh 05-09-2010 10:25

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - 4/10.

Mildly amusing, rather than funny - probably wouldn't even have been that if not for the 3/4 bottle of Pinot Noir.

admars 07-09-2010 22:12

This is England 9/10

The only Shane Meadows film the missus and I had seen was Dead Man's Shoes which we thought was excellent.

So when we saw adverts for This is England '86 we were hoping Ch4 would show This is England as I've recorded some of his other films which hav ebeen on Ch4, Film 4 and BBC but never got round to watching them.

So tonight we watched This is England to see if the tv sequel will be worth watching, if it's half as good as the film, it certainly will be.

Like Dead Man's Shoes, This is England has scenes which are brilliantly funny, followed by scenes full of suspense, which sometimes end up in something horrible, and sometimes a huge sigh of relief :)

Brilliant edge of the seat stuff, looking forward to the tv series.

The other thing is, it's interesting how a film made a few years ago, about a group of ppl in the 80s, is completely relevant today

Hugh 07-09-2010 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 35085693)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 9/10
Really funny, one of those films we're looking forward to seeing again, to catch the bits we missed as were laughing at previous line :)
Cool mix of Kill Bill, Kick Ass and Spaced!

Haven't read the books, but will add them to the ever expanding Amazon wishlist.

Absolutely - very funny film, full of the unexpected (in a good way).

Stephen 08-09-2010 09:47

Piranha 3D 7/10

For an 18 rated movie this was one of the funniest horrors I have seen in a long time! Loved it.