Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

TheBlueRaja 05-02-2008 21:30

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Just back from Cloverfield, firstly Matt D summed it up perfectly earlier "The Blair Godzilla Project".

Secondly - IF you want to see this, don't wait for DVD, get to the cinema as its an audio tour de force, my ears are ringing.

Thirdly, its THE most UNBELIEVABLY frustrating movie i've ever enjoyed, you either want to smack some sense into some of them (Blair Witch parallels again) or tell them to turn that friggin camera in the direction of something interesting, because most of the time all you see is the wall, or a path etc whilst it sounds like World War 3 is kicking off in any other direction other than where the camera is pointing. DAMN im frustrated.... :grr:

As for marks, hell knows, i enjoyed it, but i feel like strangling a cat; however based on the fact i think it deserves a second viewing and for some reason i was on the edge of my seat, im going for an 8.

zing_deleted 05-02-2008 21:35

I have good surround and a bloody big screen so it will do here in my home cinema ;)

Mal 05-02-2008 21:41

Your surround sound better be very good then to get the same feeling as you do in the cinema, when the monster walks ;)

zing_deleted 05-02-2008 21:45

well you may be surprised my set up is pretty good. Also when I watch films alone there isnt any giggling or crunching of popcorn or talking or people walking in front of me and if i need a wazz I pause it. Enough plus points there me things thats without my kit

70 inch+ depending on aspect ratio projector and screen. Denon cinema amp with full DTS EX and Dolby Digital ES Kef front and centre speakers maundaunt short surround and mission passive surround all finished off with a 200 watt yamaha sub woofer that shakes the room plenty ;)

If your ever anywhere near pop in have a demo :)

TheBlueRaja 05-02-2008 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34483833)
well you may be surprised my set up is pretty good. Also when I watch films alone there isnt any giggling or crunching of popcorn or talking or people walking in front of me and if i need a wazz I pause it. Enough plus points there me things thats without my kit

70 inch+ depending on aspect ratio projector and screen. Denon cinema amp with full DTS EX and Dolby Digital ES Kef front and centre speakers maundaunt short surround and mission passive surround all finished off with a 200 watt yamaha sub woofer that shakes the room plenty ;)

If your ever anywhere near pop in have a demo :)

That's a GIRLS setup. :D

zing_deleted 05-02-2008 21:51

If ya say so lol lol

Derek 06-02-2008 19:08

Cloverfield. I thought it was V. good if a bit vomit inducing with some of the fast moving camera stuff. 8.5 out of 10 for me.

Sadly the missus hated it and as I result I'm getting dragged to some god-awful chipmunk movie to make it up to her.

Hom3r 06-02-2008 19:54

AVP:2 very good film, nobody was safe, I know a pregnant woman who will not have her bay in hospital now. (I wonder why :) )

Cloverfield another very good film, excep I left the cinema and threw up.

SOSAGES 06-02-2008 20:55

epic movie

i almost slit my wrists :(

Shadow Demon UK 06-02-2008 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES (Post 34484460)
epic movie

i almost slit my wrists :(

Meet the Spartans, similar to epic movie 1/10 - absoloue rubbish, i didn't laugh once.

Sirpingalot 07-02-2008 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 34484382)
AVP:2 very good film, nobody was safe, I know a pregnant woman who will not have her bay in hospital now. (I wonder why :) )

Cloverfield another very good film, excep I left the cinema and threw up.

I watched AVP:2 the other night, really didn't enjoy it.

Tricky 08-02-2008 21:30

Run Fatboy Run - very funny
Bee Movie - Very very funny

Both on plane on way back from India today!

Enuff 09-02-2008 00:19

I watched Cloverfield at the flix yesterday and thought the way it was shot was excellent. It takes time for the action to start, but it was well worth the wait.

it might help if you sit as far back from the screen as you can due to the shaky camera.

i'd give it 7/10

TheDaddy 09-02-2008 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34481479)
No country for old men, 9/10

An amazing bad guy and some really good suspense, a real edge of the seat film.

I liked it 7.5/10

Rambo 4 best of the bunch easily 8/10

TheBlueRaja 10-02-2008 17:56

Atonement - YAWN!!!!!

Feck all out of ten.

Period drama = Hollywood lovvies in a twist. Dire.