Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lisa Marie Presley dies aged 54 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711633)

Tinky 13-01-2023 09:28

Lisa Marie Presley dies aged 54

Truly shocking - RIP Lisa

joglynne 13-01-2023 10:04

Re: Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis, dies aged 54

Saw she had been admitted to hospital yesterday but didn't expect to hear that she has now died. So young, I can't imagine how hard it must be to loose a child in this way. RIP Lisa.

Ken W 13-01-2023 10:09

Re: Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis, dies aged 54

RIP Lisa

Paul 13-01-2023 15:10

Re: Lisa Marie Presley dies aged 54

RIP Lisa Marie.

Dude111 14-01-2023 01:51

Yes very sad :(

Paul 14-07-2023 02:29

Reported today that she died of a "bowel obstruction".

Quote:

A small bowel obstruction occurs when the small intestine is blocked, sometimes as a result of colon cancer, medication or adhesions that form after surgeries. Some conditions that inflame intestines can also lead to small bowel movements.

In Presley's case, the report found that the adhesions were caused by a bariatric surgery she underwent several years ago.
[ I had to lookup 'bariatric surgery' - apparently its weight loss surgery ]

peanut 14-07-2023 12:53

With opiods in her system as well which binds you up and slows down your bowels, no surprise really with the bariatic surgery.

I've had a bowel obstruction (Crohn's related). Serious severe pain, the continuous vomiting with the loss of fluids & potassium my entire body had severe cramps, ending with contortions that you can't get out of which adds to the pain. 7 1/2 hour wait for ambulance. Ended up in emergency surgery and they removed most of my bowel. Was told I was lucky to be alive as if it was hours too late then my bowel would have perforated even more. Luckily mine was just leaking by the time they got to it.

Tinky 15-07-2023 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36156204)
With opiods in her system as well which binds you up and slows down your bowels, no surprise really with the bariatic surgery.

I've had a bowel obstruction (Crohn's related). Serious severe pain, the continuous vomiting with the loss of fluids & potassium my entire body had severe cramps, ending with contortions that you can't get out of which adds to the pain. 7 1/2 hour wait for ambulance. Ended up in emergency surgery and they removed most of my bowel. Was told I was lucky to be alive as if it was hours too late then my bowel would have perforated even more. Luckily mine was just leaking by the time they got to it.

Absolutely horredous, can't imagine the pain peanut.

:hugs: