Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What are you reading? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13432)

orangebird 01-11-2005 09:25

Re: What are you reading?

Dan Brown, Angels and Demons. :tu:

Russ 01-11-2005 09:29

Cracker of a book, that :)

orangebird 01-11-2005 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D
Cracker of a book, that :)

Definitely, loving it. Got Digital Fortress to read next. :)

Russ 01-11-2005 09:33

I've read Brown's last 4 books and I'm not going to give anything away, but they all have the same basic structure which is quite frustrating. If you've read The Da Vinci code then you'll see the similarities with A+D.

Chris 01-11-2005 10:08

Just finished Sue Townsend's Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction - easily the best Adrian Mole she's done since the Growing Pains. Very laugh-aloud funny, which is quite embarassing for me as I do most of my reading on planes. :D

Wicked_and_Crazy 01-11-2005 12:05

Sunday Money - Jeff MacGregor

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...83155&v=glance

An account of an interesting experience

Nugget 01-11-2005 12:09

I'm just nearing the end of 'The Big Over Easy' by Jasper Fforde - the blurb says:

It's Easter in Reading--a bad time for eggs--and no one can remember the last sunny day. Ovoid D-class nursery celebrity Humpty Stuyvesant Van Dumpty III, minor baronet, ex-convict, and former millionaire philanthropist, is found shattered to death beneath a wall in a shabby area of town. All the evidence points to his ex-wife, who has conveniently shot herself.
But Detective Inspector Jack Spratt and his assistant Mary Mary remain unconvinced, a sentiment not shared with their superiors at the Reading Police Department, who are still smarting over their failure to convict the Three Pigs of murdering Mr. Wolff. Before long Jack and Mary find themselves grappling with a sinister plot involving cross-border money laundering, bullion smuggling, problems with beanstalks, titans seeking asylum, and the cut and thrust world of international chiropody.

And on top of all that, the JellyMan is coming to town . . .

I'm a big fan of his books anyway, but this one is top class - thoroughly recommended :tu:

Ramrod 01-11-2005 13:10

'An illustrated brief history of time' :disturbd:
.....the illustrations don't really help much :D

punky 01-11-2005 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
I'm just nearing the end of 'The Big Over Easy' by Jasper Fforde - the blurb says:

Errr.... :erm:

I wonder what the hell he was smoking when he wrote that :)

Nugget 01-11-2005 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by punky
Errr.... :erm:

I wonder what the hell he was smoking when he wrote that :)

Who cares? When you're reading it, you feel like you've got some of the same stuff :disturbd:

atlantis 01-11-2005 15:03

Quote:

Who cares? When you're reading it, you feel like you've got some of the same stuff :disturbd:

Exactly Nugget, a good book equals escapism:tu:

punky 01-11-2005 15:41

Quote:

Indeed... I am definitely going to check that out soon :tu: :)

Dave Stones 01-11-2005 15:46

i'm ploughing my way through the "the dark tower" books by stephen king. onto number 4 of 7 at the moment... :D

sherer 01-11-2005 15:50

am reading the Conquest of the Incas by John Hemming.. .. showing my intellectual side for a change with my reading.. well written book that's gripping from start to finish.. and it's a history book as well so i'm learning stuff too

Nugget 01-11-2005 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Stones
i'm ploughing my way through the "the dark tower" books by stephen king. onto number 4 of 7 at the moment... :D

Ooh ooh - they're all fab! I finally finished book 7 in September and it was top class :)